JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm one of those non hagglers!:D Don't get me wrong, I'm good at it! It's just that, life's short and I'm old. I don't have all day to take a POS off you're hands. Also, I get my yucks from, "Well, that's more than I'd want to pay!" "So long!"
And listening to Billy Barter, sputter, and "Hey, we can talk about it!"
Talk to my azz, it's pointed at you! The world is full of those things!
Typically, I'll offer a little less than I what I think it's worth, knowing they will counter. If what they come back with is still too high, I might give em one more chance. But only because I absolutely hate shopping. I might even pay extra because I don't want to take the time to find and deal with the next one. But I'm not sticking around for long.
On the flip-side, if I'm selling and someone offers me a lowball number or wants to do the back and forth, I'll just raise the price. That usually moves things along.

I was jonesing after an S&B PMII scope in our local dealership for about six months. Being out in the rurals, he really did have little hope of selling the thing at full retail, bearing in mind that most folks around here still cook by lighting a fire in the middle of the hut and go to market by foot-power.

I walked in there one day and said, lookey here guys, I've £1550 in my pocket, and you have an unsellable albatross around your business neck. Howsabout we cut a deal here? TTTT, I knew that my amount of cash was £100 more than he had paid for it.

A lot of chin-stroking took place, and I mean a LOT, but eventually I walked out with it, and he made a hundred quid and learnt a hard lesson - to whit, don't stock Rolls-Royce cars in a community that drives Saturns.

The following weekend, I sold it for £2000 - a saving to the new owner of £350 off the regular yUK price.

That paid for a new set of tires all-round for my Boxster.... :)

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top