JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like others have said - range time and training. Get your CPL.

I'll add - trigger locks are worthless. Do a search on Youtube and you will find they can be defeated with a flat blade screwdriver in just a few seconds. Always know where your firearms are located and their state.

If you don't already have them, get the appropriate cleaning supplies. A maintained firearm is one that works when you need it the most.

Congrats on the pistol!

Like others have said - range time and training. Get your CPL.

I'll add - trigger locks are worthless. Do a search on Youtube and you will find they can be defeated with a flat blade screwdriver in just a few seconds. Always know where your firearms are located and their state.

If you don't already have them, get the appropriate cleaning supplies. A maintained firearm is one that works when you need it the most.

Congrats on the pistol!
They can be defeated by sticking your foot in the loop and pulling on the shackle.

It's been a while, I finally made the leap on a SIG P320 X-Carry

I purchased a wall safe to install while the transfer clears.

I also purchased a trigger lock.

I've been looking for the info on legal storage but finding mixed info.

It seems to say I could legally leave the gun out if it's trigger locked? (That doesn't seem safe)

It also says I cannot store it loaded?
There is some mentions of storing the gun and ammo separately. (Does this mean 2 safes?)

Am I allowed to store ammo and the gun in the same safe?

Can the mags be loaded or unloaded?

Unclear on how exactly a gun can be for home defense if you are awakened by your door being kicked in at 2am. You dive for the safe, looking for the key in the dark then trying to unlock the trigger while loading a mag and hoping the home invasion crew is very very slow in reaching you.

I checked for threads but didn't see a legal ammo storage result.

Also. Here goes... Affordable concealed carry program for Wa/Or ? Let the DM's commence, or links here.
For home defense ready storage of p320 u can have an inexpensive push button combo safe or fingerprint safe next to ur bed or wherever appropriate. Keep gun fully loaded with one in the chamber. U will need to access quickly if someone breaks in or similar.

Before u do anything at all, I mean anything, learn the 4 rules of gun safety and never break them. This is the single most important thing for you to do.

Last Edited:
"In The Gravest Extreme" by Massad Ayoob.

With all that slack time on your hands, you should be able to read this book in an hour. Let it sink in, then read it again.

This is only one of his books. If you learn something from this one, you may want to try a few of his others.
Add @Dave Workman 's "WA State Gun Rights & Responsibilities" and Andrew Branca's "Law of Self-Defense" right afterward. And if you might want to travel while CCWing get J Scott Kappas's "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the 50 States."

If you're serious about this, for every hour you spend on the range training you should spend at least two in the books.

True, but trigger locks are an accepted version of security in the State of Orygun now. (see what I did there? :p
Tell me about it. Every other time I write about transmissions my post gets edited. :rolleyes:
You mean tranny?

True, but trigger locks are an accepted version of security in the State of Orygun now. (see what I did there? :p

You mean tranny?
You shoulda seen how absurd it was at Redstate before they canned all of us on the mod team, you couldn't even say "butt" even clearly in context of a pork recipe.

Edit for clarity, they canned us for trying to slow the insanity.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR