JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you'd like to do some reading, a good book on the topic is: Coyote Hunting, The Complete Book: From Head to Tail, by Phil Simonski, Stoneydale Press, (1994, Revised 2000). The author is an Oregonian.

Last Edited:
[QUOTE="Dyjital,

My buddy on the other hand, borrows my stuff, my shotgun and shoots one in less than an hour with 00BK.

WTF?[/QUOTE]

A lot of my friends are starting to add a shotgun to their stands. They put the shotgunner prone and closer to the call and position a rifle higher up but farther back. It puts the shotgunner close in for those coyotes that come bombing in at a full run and a rifle with a good vantage point for those that hang up farther out.

As for where to find them... they will be anywhere they can find food. DR

Drive around prospect areas at night and howl, if you hear answering calls, that's probably a good spot.

One year I was goose hunting out Ladd Canyon Marsh (game preserve). I had a spread of decoys out in a few inches of snow near good mown wheat. So I was at the edge of an open field with a few tree or brush lines to delineate areas. Had a white knit cover over my head with individual eye holes and was sitting on a pad with a white sheet and a cut out for my head. After about an hour, I spot movement on the ground at the far edge of the field about 150yds away. This 'yote carefully comes out, stopping several times, and proceeds to put the sneak on my decoys. At about 10yds away, he runs and pounces on the decoy nearest to him. I hear a big "clunk" of his teeth and he jumps straight up in the air. As he ran away, he stopped again several times and looked back. Puzzled I guess. I was so entertained that I let him go without a shot from my shotty.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top