JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys,

I have finally decided to go the SBR route. I am a little confused to what I need to do in order to fill out my form 4. Originally, I though I only needed to fill out at form, but I have read I also need a "trust"?

I live in Portland, OR -- can someone out there give me some advice as what I will need to do in order to sort out the paper work?

Thanks,
DJM

No, that is one of the benefits of doing it with a trust. It helps people who live in places with terrible sheriffs who hate freedom and America.

Excellent. As I live in Portland (Multnomah County) where I hear the sheriff is rather unfriendly top NFA items. Looks like I need to get going on a trust!

Thank you!
DJM

Are you looking to buy a SBR? or are you looking to build a SBR?

Buy, or buy a parts kits have have a SBR built. In particular, I am looking to do an MP5. Parts kits are out there still and was thinking to grab one before they are all gone.

Do you perform HK builds?

Thanks,
DJM

If you're going to build it you need the receiver before you can send in the form because you need the serial number.

As I am planning on doing an MP5, the process goes like this:

Get my parts mp5 kit
Send to builder
He builds it to pistol specs
Builder send "new" pistol to my ffl
My FFL transfers the pistol to me

Now, when I am ready to go SBR, I simply need to file for the stamp.

Cheers,
DJM

Not to hijack the threat but where ca. You buy mp5 parts kit? The most important is how much? :)

Hkpart.net and, sit down, 1700 - 2100! Yeah, that is for the parts kits only. Figure on about $300 in parts needed for the build plus about $450 in labor from a competent builder.

DJM

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads