JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently inherited a number of rifles, some of which I will be selling, but really have no idea what they are or how much they are worth. Any help would be appreciated.

This first one has an octagonal barrel and some minimal markings IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0138.jpg
IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

Look at the firing pin recess in the breech block. If converted, it will be centered toward the cartridge. If still rimfire, the recess will be off-center from bore (just like a .22). You may also see where a sleeve was installed after drilling. It appears this gun may have been rebored/relined/rechambered, considering the caliber stamp is polished and possibly restamped. (for the cases where these guns and similar ones such as the Stevens were converted, .38 Smith and Wesson, and or Special was a common choice).

This might have been accomplished near the same time as the sight "adornment".

If still .38 Rimfire, cartridges are actually still "engineered" at considerable expense, by a guy who manufactures his own brass and drills the head offcenter, installing a primer off-center. If you would just like one cartridge to have and show with you gun, I have a very few of the old ones on hand and might be persuaded to part with one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top