JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday I took my son and daughter shooting down in Klamath Falls. He's going to OIT there and was the happy recipient of Spike's Punisher lower, Palmento LPK and a Stag lefty upper, so he shot that some, but he doesn't have the stash of ammo to shoot it a lot. It was my daughter's first time shooting. She shot the Buckmark and the M&P22. She said the M&P was too easy to shoot. I guess it has a light trigger because she did a couple of double taps. She much preferred shooting the scoped 10/22 and the Remington bolt action 22lr. Seeing the big grin on her face was priceless.

We did pick up the trash from what we shot, along with some of the other crap others left, but we couldn't get it all because I didn't plan ahead and bring enough bags.

Coffee cans at about 40 to 50 ft behind my house, plink, plink, plink,. I was shooting a Crosman 1400 with new sights. It's a shame when your job is perventing you from standing in line at the local Sporting Goods store on that special day just to buy ammo. I'll take my job over standing in line for ammo anyday, and truth be told I really don't need ammo but I do dislike not restocking the stock. Come to think of it maybe it time to start shooting skeet ,
before the 15 rd 12 ga makes a mess of it all.

Stopped by by gunsmith friend to show him my new Ruger 22/45 with a "Fast Fire III" sight and most importantly my SWR Spectre II suppressor I finally received after a 7 month wait. He bore sighted the Fast Fire and then said we got to try this out. So we each fired a magazine of suppressed .22's into his bullet trap. Outstanding time, even if not really target shooting. Got me excited enough to go home and reload 150 rounds of 38 Special. Maybe tomorrow....

Kinda thought posting about shooting the Crosman 1400 was maybe lame, but at 83 paces shooting a 5 inch coffee cup ( sierra cup ) or a 3 inch cast iron ash tray at 50 was fun and nice to hear it go ping.
My kid is in town from Seattle so we hit the range, 100 rounds 45 cal - Kimber custon 2, 100 rounds 357 mag- S&W 686P 3 ", and 50 rounds of 32 cal through the Semi-auto Ruby. We both had a blast and would do it all over again if I had the time on thursday, be safe.

Thursdays were my range days but I haven't wanted to bring my own ammo and blow through my supply. I know what I have been shoting, i'm just bringing back this thread to hear what you guys have been shooting. Everyday I put about 10 rounds through my Crosman 1400 to a 3 inch medal cup 83 paces away, 6 for 10 is good for me.

I'll try to bring this older post back, mainly cause I like hearing what you are shooting. Friday was range day and I shoot 100rds throught my 10/22 only 200rds total in the new gun. I also shot 50 rds through my Sig 238.

Tried out my 1899 Savage 250-3000. Only had six rounds. that came with the rifle. Put a Marbles tang peep sight on rifle. first two rounds were right together 8" low to the left.

Just made ball park guess at how high to raise the peep hole and how far to chase the group to the right. Next two rounds hit a 2" square of black Gorilla tape on a card board box at 50 meters. Good enough for a one time adjustment. Have two boxes of ammo coming.

Also fired a Rossi 1892 Winchester repro with a 24" octagon barrel, 357 mag, that had just had a Williams Foolproof Receiver sight put on it and same luck with that. One adjustment and the target was left with two holes in it. Recoil on both rifles, very pleasant.

Old thread eh?
I just did a quick search and didn't know if there's a more recent thread….

Range day….

Daughter (8) is getting more proficient with her 22lr bolt action Daisy. Keeping it smooth as possible. The most she's ever shot in one trip today.…. Usually gets tired or distracted or bored after 20min. We were there a solid 2 hours with some breaks. She had something other Stuff (phone games) to keep her entertained if she got tired shooting but she declined and wanted to shoot.

Let her pop a few shots through TX22 even though it's a larger grip. First semi pistol for her. Did good.

Had my first.44 hand loads to try…. I can say I enjoyed them all and discovered for me the lever action is not a bench rifle… for ME. I shot consistently better standing Or with an elbow on the bench. (25-50 yards) Seriously…. Only have fiber optic irons for now….. so kinda harder to see in lead sled. Regardless, my groups were like 4 times as good. Maybe I need to figure out some mechanics but I'm really happy this way.

No failure to feed or double feeds to report… flawless. The cast lubed lead (225grn) with A2400 (20grn) was little Smokey…. Haven't shot lubed bullets before.

I don't have a traditional case trimmer, (just the LEE sammi spec quick trim die tools)… so I couldn't load the FTXs this time like I really wanted. But soon enough. Need to be like 1.252" or something.

Happy shooting everyone!!

Daughter (8) is getting more proficient with her 22lr bolt action Daisy. Keeping it smooth as possible.

Let her pop a few shots through TX22 even though it's a larger grip. First semi pistol for her. Did good.
1699229171761.png ... Young Miss!! You'll be outshooting your old man in no time!!👍

The M are those all 5.25" barrels? Had an Elite but was threaded. .45 would have been nice. My first semi pistol was XD40
This was a mere 4.5 I believe. I've shot the 9 and 40 and liked those. First time with the 45 and it held up like the others and was crazy accurate. So much so I think I need an XDM or XDM elite now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top