JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finished 600 rounds of 32 ACP today.
Mixed head stamps, once fired brass. 71g Berrys round nose. 2.2g of TiteGroup. Standard 0.980 COAL.
Fun to shoot out of the only 32ACP I have right now - a Beretta 84 Cheetah swapping in a Browning BDA 32ACP barrel.
Cheers.

32ACP.jpeg

Mixed head stamps, once fired brass. 71g Berrys round nose. 2.2g of TiteGroup. Standard 0.980 COAL.
Fun to shoot out of the only 32ACP I have right now - a Beretta 84 Cheetah swapping in a Browning BDA 32ACP barrel.
Cheers.

View attachment 1431879
What are you using for a press to run 32acp? I've been wanting to setup my 650XL dillon as I have most of the conversion kit, just need a small powder funnel and small powder bar.

Cheers.

View attachment 1431879
Is that the model that has the tilt-up barrel? Or am I thinking of something different?

What are you using for a press to run 32acp? I've been wanting to setup my 650XL dillon as I have most of the conversion kit, just need a small powder funnel and small powder bar.
Cheap-O Lee Press - the new Six Pac (6 station) press they came out with in December of 2022. $250 delivered from Midway. (8000 rounds so far - working great.)

They finally got on-press priming to work. With 6 stations I can run: 1. sizer/decapper; 2. powder-drop/flare/primer; 3. powder check; 4. bullet feeder; 5. seating; 6. Lee Factory Crimp Die (this step really helps take out any lingering bulges in 45 40, 10 and 380, as well as put a heavier crimp on my 38 and 357 rounds which makes them feed better in my lever action rifle).

Since I load mainly handgun cartridges I can actually complete everything with one cycle of the case. Don't have to decap separately or prime separately. And the bullet feeder die / cassette set-up has really been a God-send for my left hand which has arthritis in the thumb CMC joint.

I still like the turret press - I enjoy the Zen of it. But for anything more than 50 to 100 rounds, I'll defer to the progressive.

Last Edited:
Is that the model that has the tilt-up barrel? Or am I thinking of something different?
Not a tilt-up barrel. Blow-back operation. Slide is open (like a Model 92).

Beretta 84BB - It's the 380 ACP, double-stack (13-rounds) version that was used by lots of European police agencies. This was a police trade-in and import - I'm almost positive (I got it from another member).

Same frame and slide as the Beretta 82 in 32ACP. So, swap in a Beretta 32ACP barrel and mags (or Browning BDA barrels also work) and that's all it takes to covert from 380 to 32.

EDIT: The model 84 (380 ACP) slide is the same DESIGN AND DIMENSIONS as the model 82 (32 ACP) slide, but I am NOT sure that it is THE SAME as the 82. The reason being that it is possible that the 82 slide's breech face is smaller (fitting the 32 caliber round) than the 84's breech face (fitting the 380 caliber round). So, where it is possible to convert to a smaller diameter round (like converting from 40 to 9) I am NOT sure if you could convert the 82 to the larger diameter 380 round due to the breech face.

[photo from the web]

Beretta 84.jpg

Last Edited:
Not a tilt-up barrel. Blow-back operation. Slide is open (like a Model 92).

Beretta 84BB - It's the 380 ACP, double-stack (13-rounds) version that was used by lots of European police agencies. This was a police trade-in and import - I'm almost positive (I got it from another member).

Same frame and slide as the Beretta 82 in 32ACP. So, swap in a Beretta 32ACP barrel and mags (or Browning BDA barrels also work) and that's all it takes to covert from 380 to 32.

[photo from the web]

View attachment 1431980
I like it.

I like it.
The pistol is a very nice shooter; accurate, all metal, soaks up the recoil from my mouse-fart 32ACP loads. It's like shooting a 22LR with a little bit of kick. Lot's of fun.

Fun, and getting to shoot THIS pistol more often, is why I put up with the tediousness of hand loading 32 ACP. Diminutive case size makes it unforgiving when reloading. Just the slightest misalignment in the shell plate and you can hit the die mouth and ruin a case (I always trash a bunch, no matter how careful I am). With 45, 40, 9, 10, 44, 38, 357, etc., don't have the problem. Larger cases are more "forgiving" in that respect. But 32 is a PIA. Glad this pistol shoots 380, too.

The pistol is a very nice shooter; accurate, all metal, soaks up the recoil from my mouse-fart 32ACP loads. It's like shooting a 22LR with a little bit of kick. Lot's of fun.

Fun, and getting to shoot THIS pistol more often, is why I put up with the tediousness of hand loading 32 ACP. Diminutive case size makes it unforgiving when reloading. Just the slightest misalignment in the shell plate and you can hit the die mouth and ruin a case (I always trash a bunch, no matter how careful I am). With 45, 40, 9, 10, 44, 38, 357, etc., don't have the problem. Larger cases are more "forgiving" in that respect. But 32 is a PIA. Glad this pistol shoots 380, too.
Seems like anything shorter or smaller than 9mm is a PIA.

Probably start some 45acp target rounds today. Going to load some 200 grain lswc over 5.6 of 231. My favorite 45acp load. Have to root around and find which can is full of acp brass now. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top