JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Years ago I was limited on living space so I bought a portable reloading bench that was pretty small. Great set up for living in a travel trailer or a duplex.

I was searching the web to buy another one but not much out there that is as good as what I had. It was very stable with my RCBS junior press and had mounting holes that put the press very close to the center of the plate.

Thinking maybe I should hire a metal fab guy to build me another one. o_O
Have you seen this one:
There is a thread on small/portable loading benches that has a lot of options.
jmo,

FrankfordArs.jpg

I don't really know much of anything about moly coated except of those 50 or so. It was dealing with the dirty on them that would keep me from ever purposely messing with them.
My moly coated don't get your hands dirty. Sounds more like yours are just tumbled in moly dust.
It has everything I need if I keep it reasonably organized and it's stout;)
Proving every day that Lee Loaders produce excellent ammo.

My moly coated don't get your hands dirty. Sounds more like yours are just tumbled in moly dust.

Proving every day that Lee Loaders produce excellent ammo.
The nice thing about the breech lock pro is that it has a small footprint for a progressive. It works really well in a tight space. I probably would have got a 550 by now but this has worked so well I haven't seen the need.

It looks like an ironing board.
yea, if foldability is required, there are a lot of better options, most use a B&D Workmate as a base but some fabrication of the top is needed, with some simpler than others.
WorkMateBench.jpg WorkMate.jpg
More workmate loading stands:

Lots of other stands that do not fold, but also need some fabrication of a top.
$44 HF grinder stand:
GrinderStand.jpg
HF_G_Stand.jpg AssembledPic.jpg

Last Edited:
yea, if foldability is required, there are a lot of better options, most use a B&D Workmate as a base but some fabrication of the top is needed, with some simpler than others.
View attachment 1428953View attachment 1428954
View attachment 1428955
Lots of other stands that do not fold, but also need some fabrication of a top.
View attachment 1428956
View attachment 1428958
more tops for that HF grinder stand:
HFTurret.jpg
Need a riser for standup loading?
I have one under my drill press made of 2x8, could be made taller/wider to suit:
WoodenRiser.JPG
Sorry for the drift.
Done.

Last Edited:
It is my understanding that W 231 and HP-38 are the same powder with identical loading data.

I only came to the W-244 "win clean" because someone here mention I might want to try it when I was complaining about how dirty Unique was in the rifle. I loaded .45 colt with it at 7.5grs-8.5grs and settled on 8.0grs.
I found an 8lb jug of that 244 for $250 yesterday I wanted to get it bad but don't have the cash on hand this weeko_O

I haven't yet but considering it was 8 pounds for 250 and it'll work for anything from 38 through 45 I'm pretty sure I can make it work. 😉
Oh yeah. I forgot where it was on the burn rate chart.

In the past I had bought an 8# jug of powder and put it out there to sell 4#s at cost.

Thanks mister, you're okay I don't care what @certainsays about you:p. Seriously, I found that article very useful. If it's still on the shelf next Friday I'm taking it home.
It's good powder, I use alot of it for general loading where I would use powders like AA#5 or Unique type powders. $250 is a good deal for 8lbs of powder at today's retail prices.

A quick and dirty way to see where a powder falls into the greater picture of things reloading is the Hodgdon Reloading guide. You can pick a cartridge and bullet weight you want to try and then pick a couple/few powders to compaire. I look for highest velocity and lowest pressure as a starting point. Granted there are lots of other variables to consider but that's a good starting point.

A quick and dirty way to see where a powder falls into the greater picture of things reloading is the Hodgdon Reloading guide. You can pick a cartridge and bullet weight you want to try and then pick a couple/few powders to compaire. I look for highest velocity and lowest pressure as a starting point. Granted there are lots of other variables to consider but that's a good starting point.
That one is good I use this app on my phone called reloading assistant as well. It's kind of a compendium of known data. Then I check it against my books or Hodgdon or Alliant website (and etc). I think it's a good way to find a safe/reasonable starting point.

That one is good I use this app on my phone called reloading assistant as well. It's kind of a compendium of known data. Then I check it against my books or Hodgdon or Alliant website (and etc). I think it's a good way to find a safe/reasonable starting point.
Yep lots of resorces out there for finding loads In this case I was referancing the more general what's this powder good for and is it better than XYZ question.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top