JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will freely admit to being ruff on stuff but when I sent my Lee AP back to Lee they sent my money back saying it wasn't meant to be used industrially. I wore it out in 3 months. To be fair though I'm on my 3rd Lock-N-Load in 6 years.
My "lots of use" probably isn't nearly so much as your "lot of use". :)

I look at mine and wonder how long before it's worn out, but it keeps going and going. I think it's a good design for such a cheap press, and one that was made a bit sturdier would be great.

I may need a parts list and a pic of them. How does your press do when sizing bullets? I really didn't have high expectations for this thing and thought I had made a mistake, that is until I realized I forgot the top piece on the case carriage. I'm serious though, I am very curious about your feeders! I could see how those would really speed things up.
I use a Hornady bullet feeder for 380/9mm and I think it works for 38/357mag but haven't tried those on the AP yet. I built the one I have to be similar to the LEE bullet and I made it so each of the 4 tubes holds 25 bullets. It does make things go faster but I'm only using it for 9mm at the moment since it's the one we go through the most right now. As long as the die height is set right it works great, i.e. set to low and the case gets stuck, to high bullet doesn't drop in.

My "lots of use" probably isn't nearly so much as your "lot of use". :)

I look at mine and wonder how long before it's worn out, but it keeps going and going. I think it's a good design for such a cheap press, and one that was made a bit sturdier would be great.
Well yes, that too. Also I'm a Lee Dealer under my Business name so when "The Proficient Marksman Ammunition Company" sends something back worn out and broken I might have worked it harder than intended. I think they've revised the press since I had mine. Maybe a different grade of plastic or somethings.

I use a Hornady bullet feeder for 380/9mm and I think it works for 38/357mag but haven't tried those on the AP yet. I built the one I have to be similar to the LEE bullet and I made it so each of the 4 tubes holds 25 bullets. It does make things go faster but I'm only using it for 9mm at the moment since it's the one we go through the most right now. As long as the die height is set right it works great, i.e. set to low and the case gets stuck, to high bullet doesn't drop in.
Sounds like a fun project this weekend, thanks.

Sounds like a fun project this weekend, thanks.
I've got a nose down conversion for the mr bullet feeder on my 650 and a quick release mount to the left of my press for the app so I can just move the drop tube over to the app for bullet sizing I've probably sized 40k between .38/.357 and 9mm using mine. I do all my case prep on my 650 using the case feeder and a spare tool head so I've done very little other than bullet sizing and primer pocket swageing with the app.

I deprime pistol cases then wet clean them.
I used to do the same thing with rifle cases about 4 years ago and thought it was a wasted step.
I run range brass through the Thumbler for an hour in walnut media, I then sort headstamps into keep or sell buckets. After I have about 1,000 +/-
I resize then swage (all LC cases get swaged) then a wet clean with SS pins, once dried they get trimmed, done deal.
YMMV

Today I'll be making 32 H&R plinkers, While that's going on the tumbler will be running 44 special, 45 Colt and 38-40 brass. I'll run the 44 and 45 together but the 38-40 need to run separate due to nesting.

Loaded up 100rnds of 125grn Rainier plated HP 38spl.

Then decided to do another run of 200rnds of 125grn Berry's Plated 38spl.

Both using 5.0grns of Win244 and South American primers.

20230205_144856.jpg 20230205_144910.jpg

And on today's episode, I loaded 100rnds of 44mag Hornady 240grn XTP with Enforcer powder.

Afterwards I loaded 50rnds of 300grn XTP with 15.8grn Enforcer.

Pushed the limits of the Square Deal B press. The big 44mag takes some OOOMPH to get it sized in a progressive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230207_191249_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_191249_Gallery.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230207_191234_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_191234_Gallery.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20230207_191218_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230207_191218_Gallery.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 21
Reshape the top of "smashed/squished" cases at shoulder..not sure if I want to post a pic.98 rnds
Ready for the powder and bullets I salvaged. Next time at bench.

Did some 147 gr Missouri FPs in range pickup brass on top of 3.9gr WSF. I like WSF, it measures really well. Cost comes to about 16 Cents a round which I like as well. Got another 750 to do the next couple of days.

And on today's episode, I loaded 100rnds of 44mag Hornady 240grn XTP with Enforcer powder.

Afterwards I loaded 50rnds of 300grn XTP with 15.8grn Enforcer.

Pushed the limits of the Square Deal B press. The big 44mag takes some OOOMPH to get it sized in a progressive.
Dam Dude! is your Arm gettin' Tired Yet? :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top