JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
45 Colt and 44 Special are done and I should get the 44 Mag done tomorrow. Then on to 32 H&R. I'll put in a Blue Bullet order on Monday so while I'm waiting for that to arrive I've got 3 5 gallon buckets of brass to de prime and tumble as keep busy work.
That's a lot. What…. 4,000 each bucket?

I've got a lot of brass prep to do myself. :D

20210502_155532.jpg

Today I put up a little over 100 rounds of 45ACP. I decided to do something with my small stock of small primer cases. Figured I'd take them to the range one more time 😁 I used Berrys Bullets 185 grain semi wad cutters and Unique 👍

Last Edited:
I got all my.308s pulled at father in-laws house. I only have a hammer and really screwed the crimp. He had a die/collet puller thing…next tool on the list. So I'll start over soon enough.
Yeah, I love my RCBS collet puller, they are a lot faster if you're pulling bull.
I was informed on another board, the collet grips on the area of the bullet that goes into your lands first especially if there is a crimp, it actually deforms the bullet. :s0092:
YMMV

I've got a lot of brass prep to do myself. :D

View attachment 1355262
I know what it takes to process many buckets brass.
I've got a metric shlt ton that I have already processed probably 30,000 cases sitting in my wall locker waiting for buyers.
I do not like letting things pile up so being retired I have the time to process it a little time.
My back is already hurting looking at all those buckets of brass. Lol

Last Edited:
Yeah, I love my RCBS collet puller, they are a lot faster if you're pulling bull.
I was informed on another board, the collet grips on the area of the bullet that goes into your lands first especially if there is a crimp, it actually deforms the bullet. :s0092:
YMMV
Either way I had to pull em. I think my crimp messed em up first anyway. I kinda swelled the shoulders/top of case some how. Thankfully these were bottom of box bullets to use up. Actually some of these were an experiment to see the accuracy I could get using up leftover magnum primers. So it was all kinds of a wedding night rope push from the beginning.

Converted my second SQDB over to large primer and slapped on a 44mag/44spl conversion kit.

I traded into a few hundred 44SPL cases and 180grn 44 projectiles years ago and I'm finally using them up.

Settled into 5.7grn Accurate #2 as that's what I had available.

I did adjust the oal after I took this photo to ensure the crimp sits in the cannelure.

Screenshot_20230130-160000_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230130-155950_Gallery.jpg

Finally got the Lee APP out of the box, been sitting for several months. Mounted it to a 2x6 ( my bench has a quick change system for presses mounted on 2x6's) and got it tuned up. Works like a champ for depriming 223's once I watched a video and realized I didn't install a key component. Quickly ordered a four tube case feeder as I have about 3500 cases to deprime and swage. I'll report back on how it goes when I swage them. Sounds like it should work well but it is a Lee product after all. I have several of their products and mixed results but if this thing works for case prep it'll be money well spent.

Finally got the Lee APP out of the box, been sitting for several months. Mounted it to a 2x6 ( my bench has a quick change system for presses mounted on 2x6's) and got it tuned up. Works like a champ for depriming 223's once I watched a video and realized I didn't install a key component. Quickly ordered a four tube case feeder as I have about 3500 cases to deprime and swage. I'll report back on how it goes when I swage them. Sounds like it should work well but it is a Lee product after all. I have several of their products and mixed results but if this thing works for case prep it'll be money well spent.
I built my case and bullet feeders for my AP press, didn't want to pay the extra cost and was way cheaper to make them.

I built my case and bullet feeders for my AP press, didn't want to pay the extra cost and was way cheaper to make them.
I may need a parts list and a pic of them. How does your press do when sizing bullets? I really didn't have high expectations for this thing and thought I had made a mistake, that is until I realized I forgot the top piece on the case carriage. I'm serious though, I am very curious about your feeders! I could see how those would really speed things up.

The Lee APP press can be quite finicky, and it will drive you nuts with it's quirks when it's not adjusted just right, but when it works, it works great!

For a light-weight, cheap looking press, it has held up well with LOTS of use.

I will freely admit to being ruff on stuff but when I sent my Lee AP back to Lee they sent my money back saying it wasn't meant to be used industrially. I wore it out in 3 months. To be fair though I'm on my 3rd Lock-N-Load in 6 years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top