JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Working through some .357 mags.

IMG_20221207_172835115.jpg

I had a few 158 fmjs left over. The lions share are poly coated lead from T&B.

Edit: Yes, they're all 158. It's generally the only weight I load in .357.
Gotta give another shout out to T&B, freaking great company. Travis, the owner will answer the phone and if he doesn't make it, will get the molds and do it. He is a great businessman and I will always give his company a thumbs up.

Gotta give another shout out to T&B, freaking great company. Travis, the owner will answer the phone and if he doesn't make it, will get the molds and do it. He is a great businessman and I will always give his company a thumbs up.
T&B? I should know it probably?

Got some .45 Colt brass primed up and going to try some HS-6 with 250 grain dirty-molly slugs later today. I got those bullets for a song. Only 30 of them though. Dirty dang things they are!

casted up some lyman 525 slugs and tried powder coating them , I know there is no need to powder coat slugs but why not I figure dark blue will be full power and later I will coat some light blue for low recoil loads

Attachments

• IMG_20221206_130836574.jpg
    IMG_20221206_130836574.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 19
T&B? I should know it probably?

Got some .45 Colt brass primed up and going to try some HS-6 with 250 grain dirty-molly slugs later today. I got those bullets for a song. Only 30 of them though. Dirty dang things they are!

T&B Bullets are a local company and include shipping in their prices. Travis the owner is an awesome guy, he actually answers the phone and will do a lot of custom stuff if needed.

T&B Bullets are a local company and include shipping in their prices. Travis the owner is an awesome guy, he actually answers the phone and will do a lot of custom stuff if needed.
I remember now. You brought them up when I was looking for bullets for the then new Rossi 92.

50 rounds of 300 BKO, 245gr RNFP with coating
That is a super heavy projectile, if you don't mind me asking, did you cast and coat them or where did you buy them. Will they fit in an AR mag? Also, what flavor of powder are you using? I've always loaded 208-220gr and a heavier bullet sounds great for more energy down range.

That is a super heavy projectile, if you don't mind me asking, did you cast and coat them or where did you buy them. Will they fit in an AR mag? Also, what flavor of powder are you using? I've always loaded 208-220gr and a heavier bullet sounds great for more energy down range.
The Bullit:
Missouri Bullet Company
#HT-309245BLK
.309 Diameter
245 Grain RNFP
Brinell 20
Bullet OAL 1.340 +/-
For Subsonic Work
Hi-Tek 2-Extreme Coating from J&M Specialized Products P/L
Note: Approximately 238 grains @20 BHN

The load:
10.5gr of Accurate 1680
COAL: 2.060

Mags:
Gen2 20rd PMAGs

Barrel: Noveske 8" stainless, on a dedicated 300 AAC BKO SBR'ed lower (buffer tuned for subsonic loads).

Note: The original uncoated bullet was 245gr but the coated versions, which is the only thing they have now, are a little lighter. The original load I developed was 10.0gr under the 245gr (uncoated). With the coating I can push them a bit more, hence, 10.5gr, and it clocks much consistent velocities. Do not recomend pushing them faster. Per MBC, Brinell number 20, that a chamber pressure of 28,200psi. Quickload gives me 27,900psi for 10.5gr. If you have QUickLoad PM your email and I will email the load file and the bullet file.

Stats: n=10, Ave: 950fps, range: 35: StDev: 9

Last Edited:
The Bullit:
Missouri Bullet Company
#HT-309245BLK
.309 Diameter
245 Grain RNFP
Brinell 20
Bullet OAL 1.340 +/-
For Subsonic Work
Hi-Tek 2-Extreme Coating from J&M Specialized Products P/L
Note: Approximately 238 grains @20 BHN

The load:
10.5gr of Accurate 1680
COAL: 2.060

Mags:
Gen2 20rd PMAGs

Barrel: Noveske 8" stainless

Note: The original uncoated bullet was 245gr but the coated versions, which is the only thing they have now, are a little lighter. The original load I developed was 10.0gr under the 245gr (uncoated). With the coating I can push them a bit more, hence, 10.5gr, and it clocks much consistent velocities. Do not recomend pushing them faster. Per MBC, Brinell number 20, that a chamber pressure of 28,200psi. Quickload gives me 27,900psi for 10.5gr. If you have QUickLoad PM your email and I will email the load file and the bullet file.

Stats: n=10, Ave: 950fps, range: 35: StDev: 9
Wow, a wealth of knowledge there, thank you very much. I don't have Quickload but need to look into it. I do have all the other components and will order some heavies from Missouri Bullet Co. The information you provided is greatly appreciated, thank you.

I reloaded 50 38 special with double ended wadcutters for my SW 52. Took a while because my powder measure doesn't throw pistol charges well. Had to order the smaller piston for next time. My 52 can be tricky so I loaded two recipes for the 148 gr DEWC, 3 gr of Titegroup, and 4.5 gr of Silhouette.
Similar velocities but Titegroup has very low pressure compared to the Silhouette.

I'll chronograph them and check for issues cycling and ejecting. Fingers crossed.

Tucson Reloading Bench.jpg

Man you hit me beat by a mile. I prepped (100) 300 blackout cases yesterday. If someone had driven buy with a Dillon CP2000 I probably wouldn't have been able to get my wallet out fast enough. I will say the Lyman case trimmer is a lot faster than my RCBS hand crank one.

Got a few 300BLK cases prepped and ready to load when I get some more primers.
Man that Giraud tri-way trimmer is NICE.

View attachment 1327462

C128519C-A196-4BF3-BC13-7E3E50602F75.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews