JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still doing case prep on .223 brass. Have three drills set up. One for trimming, second for deburring, and third for chamfering the inside of the case neck. I do a couple hundred at a time or until my hands start getting sore and weak.

After doing about 500 of these, really liking the looks of the Giraud Tri-Way Trimmer. Might be time for an x-mas present for myself. Pretty sure my hands will thank me for it.
You will not regret it, my hands sure thank me for it.
Do you have a drill press? In my opinion that's the fastest and easiest way to trim with a Giraud, plus using the plier hack I mentioned helps a lot with hand pain.
I have a dedicated place for my bench press and have soft foam foot pads to alleviate some of the back pain.

Exactly, that's how I'm able to shoot my 357 a lot, magnum mouse fart loads. :D
Unfortunately the 50AE Degle will not cycle with bunny fart loads. Takes the whole load to cycle, but honestly that 7lbs of stainless steel in my case, makes it not all that bad to shoot. Just the knowledge of the cost per round is more painful. However I think my last round of 50AE cost $0.65 per round so not bad considering the critter.

.357sig

20221125_084312.jpg

At it again, more LC brass has accumulated and needs to be taken care of. A guy can't have too much processed brass, right?

And I was smart enough to move the RCBS RS into "the room" since it was 70° and 40° out in the shop.

View attachment 1319835
I don't normally quote myself but when I do I add pictures. :s0110:
Trudging onward with the 556 case prepping is the swaging task, it is the easiest that I can do with the Dillon 600 SS without owning a Dillon 1050 with the swage option. :p

A018BDE8-AE4E-4008-A555-FB6E965EE99E.jpeg

Trudging onward with the 556 case prepping is the swaging task, it is the easiest that I can do with the Dillon 600 SS without owning a Dillon 1050 with the swage option. :p

View attachment 1321353
I love that swager man. I don't have one, but borrowed one from a member to swage several hundred. I went with the RCBS press mounted swager. I don't do that many so couldn't justify the cost.

View attachment 1321353
I like the ejector hack you got going on there haha. I tried one on my RCBS but it was a full on Spring and it was pretty stout. It stuck the cases in a 10 ft plywood ceiling 😆

I have one of those as a back up and when I move back to the South, I'm probably not going to be this active in reloading.
You planning on leaving us Jim? I know your roots are back there, but geeze. I could dig living with Southerners I think. I'm not sure I could take the heat though.

Loading 220 gr bullets for the 300 BLK, got a bunch off 220 gr sierras and some 220 gr makers to try.
8.3 grs of lil-gun is giving me 1047 fps out of a 10" 1-5" barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top