JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
540 grainer to kill a TURKEY!? Those turkey's must be as big as the sky up there in Montana!
Oh, Brooks calls them that because they're a great silhouette bullet, capable of knocking over the steel Turkey targets, and anything else on the range. I like them because they get on target at over 800 yards. It's cool to hit the Rams at 500 meters and watch them go down.

I thought about getting a small drill press to do it that way. However, I decided that I wanted the brass to fall down away from the case mouths and be contained in the trimmer as opposed to on my bench, etc. Then one thing led to another in building it out with the parts on hand.

What kind of trim length variance do you get with your trimmer. So far it seems to be about 10-20 ten-thousandths or so with mine.
I just get the 1.750 +/- on my analog caliper and I'm good with that.

That sounds interesting and fun... I am going to have to Google that.

Here are the heater bolts. The match is shot with 48 rounds for score, no sighters during the match. I get there a couple days early to allow for shooting sight in shots, so an even 100 rounds is a good number to get through the weekend.

20220521_150147.jpg

Don't know if this counts? It's more what I didn't load today. I don't know how everybody else feels about .45acp with small primer pockets?
I don't like them. Not even a little bit. They go in the scrap bucket and matts once told me when he puts scrap in the scrap bucket he makes sure no one else will end up using it or trying to use it.

Don't know if this counts? It's more what I didn't load today. I don't know how everybody else feels about .45acp with small primer pockets?
I don't like them. Not even a little bit. They go in the scrap bucket and matts once told me when he puts scrap in the scrap bucket he makes sure no one else will end up using it or trying to use it.

20220523_184122.jpg

Yep, those things are an irritation. I found a long time ago how frustrating it is to be happily priming 45 Auto just to find you have a case or ten with small primer pockets. Federal seemed to be the biggest offender. I purchased a "Value Pack" of Federal 45 Auto once, and they all had small primers. Nothing on the boxes to indicate such.😠

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads