JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL....the "nose" on my RCBS puller has been reshaped with my many, many thumps on the garage floor. Yes.....I've also gone through my share of collets. My last replacement set, I found/bought at the local Sportsmans Warehouse.

Aloha, Mark
Beat it on a piece of hardwood plywood instead of the concrete. I know that sounds terrible but there's no way around it. The plywood takes a slight amount of shock and impact out of it. Things don't wear out as fast collet and plastic both.

So I'm busy for two weeks and you guys have generated like 12 pages of stuff that's fascinating in this thread . taking me half a day to get through it. I thought I had a problem. I don't think it's just me hahaha.
Hmmmmm, most of us here don't have a problem.

F3433A8F-5967-4EE0-8488-5109DAEEB7D8.jpeg

"Odds and Ends" .223 Tri-Trimmer...

Some time ago I purchased a Giraud Tri-Trimmer in .223 from forum member nezz69. I finally got around to cobbling together a powered trim set up:

complete.jpg

interior.jpg

I took the Giraud Tri-Trimmer plus "odds and ends" found around the garage as follow:

- old Frankford Arsenal stand
- 3,400 rmp counter-clockwise oil burner motor
- collar shaft coupler - 3/8" on one end and 1/2" on the other
- plywood
- 1/2" pvc sprinkler pipe (to go over long bolts that go between the plywood and the FA base top)
- misc bolts, washer, T-screw holders
- 7" toilet flange cut down to about 5 3/4" - 6" to keep everything away from the rotating shaft
- 2 plastic ammo bins
- shelf channel mounted sideways to hook ammo bins onto
- old cut extension cord to wire up to the oil burner motor
- Harbor Freight foot pedal switch

So far it seems to work as intended. After some trial and error on the Tri-Trimmer case length set up, it trims the brass very quickly and the motor rpm almost makes the thing take off!

BTW, my inspiration for this build was the poor man's trimmer on the following link

14349-ecb02e977463f493829bde3dd29afbb7.jpg

I'm sure you can see the similarities in fine craftsmanship to my unit right away.

Given the fact that I am only a C+ (at best) shop student, I'll take the win that mine works as intended. Now, if I can only get my pedal foot coordinated with my brass holding hand :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
"Odds and Ends" .223 Tri-Trimmer...

Some time ago I purchased a Giraud Tri-Trimmer in .223 from forum member nezz69. I finally got around to cobbling together a powered trim set up:

View attachment 1204358

View attachment 1204359

I took the Giraud Tri-Trimmer plus "odds and ends" found around the garage as follow:

- old Frankford Arsenal stand
- 3,400 rmp counter-clockwise oil burner motor
- collar shaft coupler - 3/8" on one end and 1/2" on the other
- plywood
- 1/2" pvc sprinkler pipe (to go over long bolts that go between the plywood and the FA base top)
- misc bolts, washer, T-screw holders
- 7" toilet flange cut down to about 5 3/4" - 6" to keep everything away from the rotating shaft
- 2 plastic ammo bins
- shelf channel mounted sideways to hook ammo bins onto
- old cut extension cord to wire up to the oil burner motor
- Harbor Freight foot pedal switch

So far it seems to work as intended. After some trial and error on the Tri-Trimmer case length set up, it trims the brass very quickly and the motor rpm almost makes the thing take off!

BTW, my inspiration for this build was the poor man's trimmer on the following link

View attachment 1204373

I'm sure you can see the similarities in fine craftsmanship to my unit right away.

Given the fact that I am only a C+ (at best) shop student, I'll take the win that mine works as intended. Now, if I can only get my pedal foot coordinated with my brass holding hand :rolleyes:
Nice job.
I just chuck mine into the benchtop drill press and go to town.

31AFC528-1082-4221-8F10-D7B18286AC8C.jpeg

Nice job.
I just chuck mine into the benchtop drill press and go to town.

View attachment 1204378
I thought about getting a small drill press to do it that way. However, I decided that I wanted the brass to fall down away from the case mouths and be contained in the trimmer as opposed to on my bench, etc. Then one thing led to another in building it out with the parts on hand.

What kind of trim length variance do you get with your trimmer. So far it seems to be about 10-20 ten-thousandths or so with mine.

Loaded 100 rounds of 45-70 for the upcoming Quigley rifle match in Montana. 62 grains of 2F BP pushing a Brooks 540 grain "Turkey Killer" bullet. Came to the realization yesterday that I had no ammo loaded, and I had to cast bullets yesterday as well. Glad I got that chore done.

Loaded 100 rounds of 45-70 for the upcoming Quigley rifle match in Montana. 62 grains of 2F BP pushing a Brooks 540 grain "Turkey Killer" bullet. Came to the realization yesterday that I had no ammo loaded, and I had to cast bullets yesterday as well. Glad I got that chore done.
540 grainer to kill a TURKEY!? Those turkey's must be as big as the sky up there in Montana!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top