JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got one of these little hooters, and mounted it to a board that fits over my lap. With 10 of the little tray/magazines, I can just sit in front of the computer and prime a bunch of cases all in one go, swap out magazines as needed. Mostly works pretty well. Gotta watch the primers as they come up, that they don't get sideways. Best part is that the lever is friendly to old hands and wrists, and I get a pretty good feel of how the primer is going in, if the pocket is loose, or if there's a crimp that needs removed ( or the case thrown out) . Definitely one of Lee's better products.
View attachment 1200322
I use the same priming system and I like it, but what I noticed is that occasionally a primer gets turned around backwards as it drops from the holding tray and will be seated into the brass case backwards if it is not noticed beforehand. Now, I always look at the direction of the upcoming primer prior to placing the next brass case into the shell holder.

Walking my way through this…. Learning. .308 mostly flat base 125 grn to confirm my last range day. Then the heaviest I've purchased 175 HPBT then use up 168 with a different powder.
My little LEE starter kit is putting in work….

3E2073C3-588B-46FB-B45E-954D10D7E01B.jpeg

Walking my way through this…. Learning. .308 mostly flat base 125 grn to confirm my last range day. Then the heaviest I've purchased 175 HPBT then use up 168 with a different powder.
My little LEE starter kit is putting in work….

View attachment 1202533
I like 748 with the lighter bullets in .308. A couple favorite loads use the Speer 125gr TNT bullets and the Hornady 150gr RN's both with W-748 powder and Magnum primers.

I'm small beans compared to most on here I'm sure…. But it's nice to open a crate and find brass ready to go. Gonna start 22-250 loads in prep for AR,22-250 upper coming next week. So I'll start with 55 and 53 grains on the H380 and RX15 I have.

8CF73A48-E5A5-498A-ADD7-D4FE5209CE98.jpeg 63DF8219-FE16-4733-8B89-CF6FDFFD4A74.jpeg

Last Edited:
Batch of plinking ammo.

804 rounds of 9mm: 124g, plated, round nose.

(Geeze, I've got a sh*t-load of 9mm brass. Where the hell did it come from? :D)

First time trying out Winchester 244.

Not that I'll be able to tell the difference from other powder I use. I don't chrono my ammo (I'm not that sophisticated, don't compete, etc.). Just load and shoot and hope I hit the target.

Cheers

.44-40.
The bench will be dedicated to this caliber for probably 2-3 weeks. Six rifles and two handguns will be affirmed on target and performance toward one load.

No "cowboy-action piffler" loads here. The .44-40 in a rifle will show velocities equivalent to a .44 Magnum pistol with the same bullet. One not need to crowd the strength of a replica '66 or '73 to get strong game loads in this cartridge.

All .44-40's in this house eat the same feed. The .30-30's get the same treatment.

1653107211267.jpeg

The .30-30's get the same treatment.
If you don't mind me asking, what do you load for .30-30? I'm new to the .30-30 and chose IMR 3031 at 26.5 using Berry's plated 150 gr flat point's. Not hunting with it, just playing. The bullets are suggested max of 1900fps. It shot good for me. The necks were a tad sooty I think. The M94 was manufactured at the beginning of WWII.

IMR3031 is a great powder for the .30-30 (my old favorite in the .250 Savage), and I'd probably be using it except for reasons only of convenience. The older Sierra manuals bragged on it in a general sense, saying it was their powder of choice for nearly all accuracy tests in many calibers.

H335 is my workhorse for the .223's here, and its metering qualities are pretty darn reliable and I've got a lot more of it than 3031.

The .30-30's here (as mentioned) all eat the same recipe in a full-length sized case, and so the "load batch" for all of them at once is pretty large. For the .30-30's I throw these charges of H335, weighing only every 10th one. Visual inspection of powder level in each case is done while the case is in hand, immediately after the throw, enroute to the shellholder for bullet seating.

Chronograph readings show consistency and the guns like it too. :)

IMR3031 is a great powder for the .30-30 (my old favorite in the .250 Savage), and I'd probably be using it except for reasons only of convenience. The older Sierra manuals bragged on it in a general sense, saying it was their powder of choice for nearly all accuracy tests in many calibers.

H335 is my workhorse for the .223's here, and its metering qualities are pretty darn reliable and I've got a lot more of it than 3031.

The .30-30's here (as mentioned) all eat the same recipe in a full-length sized case, and so the "load batch" for all of them at once is pretty large. For the .30-30's I throw these charges of H335, weighing only every 10th one. Visual inspection of powder level in each case is done while the case is in hand, immediately after the throw, enroute to the shellholder for bullet seating.

Chronograph readings show consistency and the guns like it too. :)
Oh I like that. I just loaded my first .223 with H335. I measured every load, but that powder measures great so wouldn't really need to weight each charge. I just received 8# of 335 from mid-south so this is great to read.

If your gun is strong, you can get a 150gr bullet going well over 2200fps.

(My crafty way of making you look up my load so it's yer doin', not mine.)
I ran a box of Federal Power Shock through the gun first. I'm cautious with the plated bullets though. There was only one jacketed round-point that I recall seeing, and I wasn't going to pay $.45 or so for those.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you load for .30-30? I'm new to the .30-30 and chose IMR 3031 at 26.5 using Berry's plated 150 gr flat point's. Not hunting with it, just playing. The bullets are suggested max of 1900fps. It shot good for me. The necks were a tad sooty I think. The M94 was manufactured at the beginning of WWII.
Back when I had my T/C Contender, I loaded W-748 and Accurate 2460 with 150 gr bullets. Now that my son acquired a WincHester Model 94, I have been loading 150 gr Hornady or Speer 150 gr flat nose bullets with Hodgdon LeverEvolution. It achieves higher velocities at safe pressure levels and has been plenty accurate for iron sights at 100 yards.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top