JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Set up my new to me Lee pro auto-disc powder measures for my Lee turret head, one for .38SPL and the other is for .357.
Thanks @Dyjital, good to finally meet you FTF. :s0094:
1581A3A6-0946-4BAB-91E2-A63C6B6D7667.jpeg 50BCD755-946F-4480-87C2-000EB2F80AB3.jpeg

Last Edited:
No, different diameter and a bit different cup height. I only know of two different Berdan primer sizes. Berdan and Boxer are close in size, but not really close enough to be universal.

Loaded up 280 9mm RMR 115gr FMJs in anticipation of an upcoming match and worked up some 9mm test loads using 147gr Missouri flat point Hi-Tek coated Bullets using bullseye. Starting with 2.8gr and working up to 3.4gr in .2gr increments.

Hopefully I find a node in there somewhere that reliably cycles the slide.

Thanks to a score on here I'll be loading 38 Special 125gr jhp's on one of the Lock-N-Loads and on the Mark 7 I will be running 9mm to include some 115gr HP's. I still need to run 40 S&W and have 380acp brass on the way so still busy.

Bought about 150 lbs of brass this weekend and got it sorted so now it'll get de-primed and tumbled. Meanwhile on the Mark 7 I'll be finishing up the 40 S&W and then running out the 380 acp I've got to do. The one L-N-L will be making 357, 10mm and 44 Mag this week while the other will be used to deprime.

Not exactly reloading, but a step towards organizing my bench.

I buy a lot of pulled and factory seconds that come in boxes of all sorts for shapes and sizes. I made my own labels and placed most of my seconds and pulled bullets in matching corrugated boxes. These boxes are 2x4x8 so they are just a half inch shorter than the Xtreme bullets boxes but otherwise stack the same.

D149039D-FE81-4972-AD01-F904793B2468.jpeg

9mm and .38.. like I usually do. Shoot probably 200 rounds a week so I do it as I go instead of all at once.
But anyway, it had been becoming a hassle, mainly because my round tray Lee autoprime broke a long time ago so I had been using the tray as a flipper and loading them one at a time into my Lee turret.
And also, I started powder coating my unsized cast bullets a ways back.. I had to flare the brass so much for those fatties that it was super fiddly to get them into the seating dies. Life sucked.
That is until today, using my new .358 sizer (I just got one size for both as I had been shooting unsized .360+ in both calibers for years) and a new square autoprime.
Man, life is good.

Finished up the last 150 rounds of a 500 round batch of .223 plinkers, Wolf 55 gr FMJBT bullets, CCI No. 41 primers, 25.0 gr TAC, Perfecta and Fiocchi brass (both manufactured by Fiocchi).
4BC2A0CA-8E2A-4D04-897F-02F1241E629C.jpeg

... and a new square autoprime. ...

@Certaindeaf

How does the square tray version compare with the older ones?

I have a couple of the round tray versions that have yet to die, and I will be very sad when they do. One is getting pretty sloppy in the shell holder seating groove. I'm hoping the new version is as good but I've read a few times they are not.

Your insight would be appreciated.

Pulled and dumped the powder on 150+ 284 Win cartridges. Loaded in the late '70s, tossed the powder and sorted the bullets.
These boxes of bullets were meticulously labeled, but when pulling, in the same box there were different powders. Some even had different bullets, though it took a keen eye to spot them. Makes me cringe thinking about people shooting unknown reloads.
Pulled all the 338 LM rounds I had left over from when I had that gun. Gained a 1/2 lb of Retumbo.
80 rounds of 147gr 308 Win and 30 rounds of 250gr E-Tip 338 WM are all set for some OCW testing.

@Certaindeaf

I have a couple of the round tray versions that have yet to die, and I will be very sad when they do. One is getting pretty sloppy in the shell holder seating groove. I'm hoping the new version is as good but I've read a few times they are not.

Well, right off the bat, and mind I've only used it one session, I really like it.
The shuttle unit is white and marked with an S or L respectively.
Being white, I noticed that by looking up at the loosely mounted armature, it was easy to line up the two guide legs very precisely on the primer press arm.. not just by feel or eyeing from the top like on the old one because even with a spotlight you couldn't even see anything because of the black color.
The thing just works very close to 100% and if there was the rare bobble I attributed it to user error.
My old one only ever worked about 60-70% and was very frustrating.

Oh and edit to add, I got it on Amazon for $12 somehow, free shipping.. without using any rebates, incentives etc. It was the normal price. A lot of places like Titan Reloading etc., shipping would have been about that and the unit alone selling for more like $25+ without shipping.

Last Edited:
@Certaindeaf

Like @Certaindeaf said the button lines up better. I don't care for the fold over hopper.

Prepped 430 rounds of 2X 45 ACP last night. Will load today with good old cheap Berry's 230g plated round nose; 1/2 of them with 4.7g of Titegroup and the other 1/2 with 4.7g of 700-X - my go-to plinking rounds.

Man I love loading 45 - it's way easer than smaller pistol calibers. Everything just works easy; larger primers feed and set easier, easier to verify powder in the case, projectile seating and crimping, everything is just smoooooth.

I think that's why all of the YouTube guys reload 45 when they're doing some type of demonstration video. It's just such an easy and smooth caliber to reload - especially on progressive presses which are notoriously unforgiving of little misalignments, etc.

Too bad 45's aren't fun to shoot - :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top