JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got bored again and pulled out another 1k bag of LC brass, resized them all and am waiting for a Dillon SS loaner to try out.;)
I got a chance on Thursday to get over to a buddies house that has a Dillon super swagger that he was willing to let me borrow. I brought it home and was dialing it in on the LC brass and I thought it wasn't working but after careful inspection I found out that those cases were already swagged… :eek::eek::eek:
I had some other brass that I had just resized that morning, it was out of a different batch and indeed were not swaged and it worked flawless even with the rubber band tied around the rod to flick it into an awaiting Tupperware container, pretty cool… :p

Blasted out my first W/Cs. Had some trouble seating them, but sorted it out. Can't wait to shoot them.
Wondering if anyone ever shoots them in a .357 lever and how many you can fit in a tube. lol

IMG_2188.jpg IMG_2192.jpg

I can cast and coat 1000 bullets for about 20.00 (though it's not really feasible economically since I have about 1.5hrs per thousand to cast, coat and size and you can buy coated for around 70$ per thousand by I enjoy it as a hobby) , powder is right at 12.00 per thousand rounds and primers 30.00 so 62.00 per thousand since I ran out of 20.00 s&b primers.

I cant see howbit would only take an 1.5 hours to cast 1000 bullets .,. I might have to employ you if you cast 357 ? Lol ... What press are you using and what do you use to cast?

I'd be asking where can I find/buy some cast and coated bullets for $70 per thousand? Web site, please?

Aloha, Mark

Blasted out my first W/Cs. Had some trouble seating them, but sorted it out. Can't wait to shoot them.
Wondering if anyone ever shoots them in a .357 lever and how many you can fit in a tube. lol

View attachment 1056171View attachment 1056172
Hell, shooting out of a lever action?

I mean.....even with a SWC bullet it's sometimes problematic. The bullet might just catch/hang up a bit when the cartridge is feeding into the chamber. Yeah......I sometimes have a bit of a fumble with SWCs.

Not to mention that......COAL and timing of the lever's elevator/lifter might/will be a problem.

Whatever.....if you figure it out....GOOD.

Aloha, Mark

PS....since I mentioned Molten Lead in another post.......you might want to look into their TC/FP bullets for reloading ammo for your lever action rifle/carbine. You will probably have to also play with the COAL to get things running smoothly.

For SASS.....
I'm using a Marlin 1894 in .357 mag. BUT....I load my ammo in .38 special cases with a 147 gr TC/FP bullet. COAL =1.5"

Last Edited:
I'd be asking where can I find/buy some cast and coated bullets for $70 per thousand? Web site, please?

Aloha, Mark

I haven't looked at prices lately last time I ordered from bayou or blue bullets they where about 68$ a thousand but that's been a couple years and it seems like the prices are probably higher now.

I like plain ol' lead bullets for my revolvers. Because I'm cheap and shoot a lot of them in SASS. A penny saved is a penny earned.

I've been getting my lead bullets for years from Molton Lead.

I asked about the coated stuff because I've been seeing more and more cowboys shooting them fancy bullets at the matches. Yeah....they are pretty on belt loops. Though truthfully.....most shooters load from an ammo tray/box or from a custom leather fob (made for 10 rounds).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I like plain ol' lead bullets for my revolvers. Because I'm cheap and shoot a lot of them in SASS. A penny saved is a penny earned.

I've been getting my lead bullets for years from Molton Lead.

I asked about the coated stuff because I've been seeing more and more cowboys shooting them fancy bullets at the matches. Yeah....they are pretty on belt loops. Though truthfully.....most shooters load from an ammo tray/box or from a custom leather fob (made for 10 rounds).

Aloha, Mark

I'm not sure what caliber you run in your cowboy guns but .357 158gr swc are just under 100$ from both blue bullets and bayou. There are many companies that make coated bullets these days for around the same price as wax lubed but those are the only two I've dealt with since I cast my own.

Finishing prepping 200 LC cases for the .223. Still have to trim, de-burr and swab the necks with a Q-tip to remove case lube before priming. (Already de-burred flash holes, uniformed primer pockets and resized). Going to try some CCI No. 41 primers for the first time in some known good loads:
100 with 24.5 gr TAC 62 gr Hornady BTHP
100 with 24.0 gr SW Precision Rifle RMR
69 gr BTHP
Let us know how they work out. :s0155:

Let us know how they work out. :s0155:
The TAC loads with the 62 gr BTHP worked just fine. I still have to finish prepping the other 100 cases for the RMR 69 gr BTHP's and get out to the range to see how they fare. Might even bump the powder charge a bit with the Shooters World Precision Rifle (aka Czech Varget).

The TAC loads with the 62 gr BTHP worked just fine. I still have to finish prepping the other 100 cases for the RMR 69 gr BTHP's and get out to the range to see how they fare. Might even bump the powder charge a bit with the Shooters World Precision Rifle (aka Czech Varget).
Sounds like it's coming together nicely.
I've got some load developments for some 69g Sierra BTHP with H322 that I need to shoot now that I've got my new Vortex 1 8x24 mounted…

Worked up some "ladder rounds" for a new 9mm Load on the weekend.
Yep, finally finished assembling 50, 180 gr HP for a ladder test of 10mm goodness.

img_2188-jpg.jpg View attachment 1056172
Look - Alec Baldwin Blanks !

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews