JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to load and shoot round nose bullets in my bolt guns. I can load them to magazine length and they get the bearing surface close to the rifling and so tend to be accurate.
edited for spelling and clarity.

Last Edited:
Checked the feed ramp on my Glock 20 before loading 10mm rounds for it. Will be sure to not load hot. The G20 leaves a heavy 1mm of exposed brass at the 6 O'Clock on the case head, unlike the CZ75 in 40, which completely cradles the 40S&W round.

the most fun I ever had loading for rifle, was decades past when a buddy loaned a 45-70 for a couple seasons. I was trying to get a decent accurate load for the Holy Black. Discovered why they polygonal Marlins advised to stick to jacketed rounds. I had been used to a vintage Marlin with actual 'rifling'. The meaning of 'microgroove' didn't really catch my attention at first. In any case, going back to the 'Lever Revolution' factory loads, great accuracy returned.

sized, flared case mouth for cast bullets and primed 3,842 cases (45acp, 44 mag, and 45-70) now I need to find a place to shoot to work up loads since I lost my load book in the move here and havent found a good place to work up loads for rifles (100 to 200 yards) I guess I could go to Tritac for the pistols... that is if they let you shoot your own

I loaded a few little-bitty rounds, in the photo next to some empties that I'm still looking for load data for.

1632459961822.jpeg

Yeah, the little ones are 45-70. I'm looking for load data for the 10-ga empties, as well as a bullet mold for 10-ga slugs, loading dies, and (most importantly) a gun to shoot them in. :)

OK, I'm intrigued. What primers do the bigger ones take?
Looks like regular large rifle. I picked these up recently for almost nothing. They were seriously grungy, like they'd been out in the dirt for a few decades somewhere. I tossed them in the wet tumbler for an hour or so, and they shined up pretty well.

I was actually joking about loading them, though if I ran across a vintage 10 gauge someday, at a price I could afford, it would be an interesting project. :)

1632499890117.jpeg

sized, flared case mouth for cast bullets and primed 3,842 cases (45acp, 44 mag, and 45-70) now I need to find a place to shoot to work up loads since I lost my load book in the move here and havent found a good place to work up loads for rifles (100 to 200 yards) I guess I could go to Tritac for the pistols... that is if they let you shoot your own
Check out joining Albany Rifle & Pistol Club, (ARPC). Great club! We were members while we lived in N Salem. Worthwhile, for us.

4 corners Rod & Gun is on the East Side, never been, so no first hand. May be worth a look tho.

I impulse bought another old s&w revolver so I loaded up the rest of my Keith hollow points in .357 mag brass (original pre magnum .38/.44 load of 2400) which runs about 1000fps out of my snubby combat magnum so I can try it out when it gets out of background check jail I'm eager to see what difference a extra 4" of tube will do for the velocity. Time to get the casting pot fired up I'm out of .357, .45, and all of my match bullets for 9mm (I still have a couple thousand hollow points an SWC Bullet's for 9 or light .38)

I'm prepping a thousand steel case 7.62x39. Now that I've got a ton of Berdan primers, I can load and shoot my heart's content.
Nice. There was a time years ago when I really wanted to buy some berdan primers, never could find any. Do you need any berdan primed brass? I have some in my scrap bucket to go to the scrap yard when I get a chance. I have x39, x51, 8mm, and some very nice FN 30-06 berdan brass. No big quantities, but you'd be welcome to them at scrap price if you want any of them.

That is very kind of you. I have decapped the European X39 brass, it's a little bit more of a pain in the butt than the steel. I would be happy to take them off your hands if you have some quantity and I would make it worth your time. At least I think I would! Lol.

Looks like regular large rifle. I picked these up recently for almost nothing. They were seriously grungy, like they'd been out in the dirt for a few decades somewhere. I tossed them in the wet tumbler for an hour or so, and they shined up pretty well.

I was actually joking about loading them, though if I ran across a vintage 10 gauge someday, at a price I could afford, it would be an interesting project. :)

View attachment 1038067
I used to have a single shot 10 gauge. I'm 5'6"/145 😳. I don't have a 10 gauge anymore😆. That looks like a cool project though. I have a Remmington mod 81 in .300 Savage I'm trying to get rid of. It was a fun project but I don't like shooting it. It kicks like a mule and makes my head hurt😆. I didn't think it would kick so hard because it's so heavy. Evidently not the case. It's not fun for a little guy like me to shoot.

I impulse bought another old s&w revolver so I loaded up the rest of my Keith hollow points in .357 mag brass (original pre magnum .38/.44 load of 2400) which runs about 1000fps out of my snubby combat magnum so I can try it out when it gets out of background check jail I'm eager to see what difference a extra 4" of tube will do for the velocity. Time to get the casting pot fired up I'm out of .357, .45, and all of my match bullets for 9mm (I still have a couple thousand hollow points an SWC Bullet's for 9 or light .38)
I don't consider buying any older S&W an Impulse Buy. Perhaps this is an issue for me?

I'm prepping a thousand steel case 7.62x39. Now that I've got a ton of Berdan primers, I can load and shoot my heart's content.
Nice. There was a time years ago when I really wanted to buy some berdan primers, never could find any. Do you need any berdan primed brass? I have some in my scrap bucket to go to the scrap yard when I get a chance. I have x39, x51, 8mm, and some very nice FN 30-06 berdan brass. No big quantities, but you'd be welcome to them at scrap price if you want any of them.
That is very kind of you. I have decapped the European X39 brass, it's a little bit more of a pain in the butt than the steel. I would be happy to take them off your hands if you have some quantity and I would make it worth your time. At least I think I would! Lol.
Cool! If you shoot 303 Brit, I have a box of brass cases, berdan primed, you're welcome to have.

ARPC has 200yd main range. Among others

Well I didn't reload anything today but I just got back from my wife's uncle house (we used to live with him) and I brought back a tote I had thought lost for the last 4 years. It had my 9mm stuff in it. Over 2000 primed brass cases , 3000 spp, and around 16lbs of pistol powders.

:s0115::s0010:

Well I didn't reload anything today but I just got back from my wife's uncle house (we used to live with him) and I brought back a tote I had thought lost for the last 4 years. It had my 9mm stuff in it. Over 2000 primed brass cases , 3000 spp, and around 16lbs of pistol powders.

:s0115::s0010:
Gold mine!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews