JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took the weekend off from the presses and de-primed 9mm, 40, 38spcial, 357, and 44 mag brass. Now making 44-40 on the Lock N Load and 380acp on the Mark 7. Next up will be 30 carbine. I'm waiting for Brass and bullets for 10mm, 44 Mag, 32 S&W Long and 45 Colt. Like everything else these days, it'll get here when it gets here.

I charged and set bullets in 24 cases for a 30-06 AI this afternoon. I'd been working on these cases since Sunday. It's been 3 years since I did any reloading and I didn't feel the need to rush... :rolleyes:
Ladder test ammo.jpg

Nice! I need to break out my 30-06 AI and shoot it some; it hasn't been out in years.

I bought it maybe 20 years ago when I was really into Rem 700s. I bought it from an old-timer just for the action. It was a nice 700 BLD, custom barrel, 6-18 Burris scope.

The problem was that the scope was fogged and blurry, and in my experience unless a known reputable gunsmith did the work, a custom barrel is a pig in a poke. I expected to remove the barrel and have a good one in another caliber installed. I think I paid $300.

This time it worked out well. I asked Burris about the scope. They said "Send it in", and fixed it good as new, no charge. Then I started loading 30-06 AI rounds, and that rifle shoots like a laser. No point in replacing that barrel! :)

Helped a friend load some 9mm moly "Billy's Bullet" rounds for his pistol.

I normally treat and burnish my feed ramps with Tungsten Dioxide as an aid to loading. However, I am not sure I would want a lubricity agent like moly in my barrel.

Anybody have any experience with this one way or another?

I started looking at loads for my 300 Win Mag. I have soft point bullets ranging from 150gr to 220 gr and have W-760, IMR 4831, H-4831SC, and Retumbo powders. Any load combinations that stand out that are "must try"? I'm thinking a jack of all trades load is the 180 Nosler Partition Loaded with Retumbo.

Edited to add: rifle is a Browning X-bolt Hunter with a 26" barrel with a 1 in 10 twist rate

I started looking at loads for my 300 Win Mag. I have soft point bullets ranging from 150gr to 220 gr and have W-760, IMR 4831, H-4831SC, and Retumbo powders. Any load combinations that stand out that are "must try"? I'm thinking a jack of all trades load is the 180 Nosler Partition Loaded with Retumbo.

Edited to add: rifle is a Browning X-bolt Hunter with a 26" barrel with a 1 in 10 twist rate
I sold my .300 Win Mag along with the dies before I even hand loaded a single round, so I may not be of much help here. However, I have had good results with H-4831SC and 180 grain Nosler Partitions in my Weatherby Vanguard .300 Wby Magnum. It also has a 26" barrel and 1 in 10 twist rate.

If you haven't shot Retumbo, I think it would result in lower MVs but at least consistent. I'd look to a slightly faster powder (if you have) like H1K, 7277, 7828SC, RL23, RL25 or Power Pro 4000.
Take that with a grain of salt since I've never loaded for 300WM. But when I loaded for 7RM with 162's, more overbore but a lighter bullet, I'd use RL22. There's also powders like Magpro or VV165 or 565 if you have them.

Got "carded" today...first time in a very loooooong time. What for?

I went to WalMart to buy some "chisel-tip" Sharpies to mark my reloads with. The self-checkout machine would not let me proceed with the purchase without a clerk verifying my age. Apparently, they wanted to make sure I was not a prime suspect for tagging. I did not have the heart to tell the lady that I was purchasing the Sharpies to aid in my preparation of ammunition and ventilation/ destruction of paper targets. :rolleyes:

Loaded up 100 rounds M1 Garand ammo, 500 more to go. Found a great load for my 'as issued' iron sight M1.
5 shots in .8" group at 100 yards! Using the less exspensive Speer 125 grain TNT and IMR 4064. Less recoil.
Should be good for the short line (200 yards).

Deprimed \ sized 440 30-06 cases, made up a couple dummy rounds with cast powder coated bullets.

Started counting my 9mm and 45acp cast powder coated bullets to trade if possible as I am selling both 9 and 45 and going with 40 and 10 mm

20210921_124246.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews