JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After the FUBAR with the new mail carrier I finally got my Giraud tri-way trimmer!!!!
It was set at 1.730" from the factory, on my second attempt at adjustment and it's locked in at 1.750". Just perfect, I'm liking this thing and I'm about to trim the 1100+ LC processed brass (just needed trimming) I have listed in the classifieds, I'm going to keep them. LOLOLOLOLOL

014D21DC-7240-48C7-9EB4-490F5274D6F2.jpeg A26B1493-E3B0-44B5-9D1A-EC4C40A37FB4.jpeg

Last Edited:
I pulled two more bags of LC (1000) out of the brass cabinet, they have been deprimed and cleaned awaiting my attention.
One has already been resized, is in the wet tumbler and the other just got sprayed with lanolin/heat and are waiting for me to fondle them. Lol
52 minutes to resize 650 cases… :eek: :eek::eek: I was flying!!!

Last Edited:
I pulled two more bags of LC (1000) out of the brass cabinet, they have been deprimed and cleaned awaiting my attention.
One has already been resized, is in the wet tumbler and the other just got sprayed with lanolin/heat and are waiting for me to fondle them. Lol
52 minutes to resize 650 cases… :eek: :eek::eek: I was flying!!!
That is good production! I'd be chopping & converting a lot of brass to 300aac if I had your spare inventory.
*Hoping* a local friend will let me go through his bucket of brass and pull out some LC for conversion soon :s0113:

That is good production! I'd be chopping & converting a lot of brass to 300aac if I had your spare inventory.
*Hoping* a local friend will let me go through his bucket of brass and pull out some LC for conversion soon :s0113:
If you were closer I'd let you go through my brass bucket but I don't throw away usable brass.
I have a tall coffee can (it's really plastic) that has a label that says "300BLK FOOD"… :eek:

I have about 1,500 PSD head stamp 223 cases that I'm saving for that task because it is 0.011 wall thickness so a great candidate for 300BLK conversion.

Last Edited:
I just got through trimming about 3,000 223 & 5.56 so far and wet tumbling 4,000+ cases the last few days. The PMC is by far the easiest due to shorter cases and almost ALL the LC is 1.762 - 1.765" and gives my hands a workout… :(
While the new Giraud Tri-Way trimmer is the cats meow, it is sure taxing my arthritic fingers on my right hand, tomorrow I'll switch hands…

Thanks for response. Wasn't familiar with that powder. Doesn't appear to be much load data for it in 44mag, but did finally find it listed in Hornady manual. How does it meter ?
It meters OK through the Dillon powder measure. As a fairly large flake powder, it's not as consistent as some powders with smaller spherical granules. When checking charges periodically, it's generally within 0.1 grain, which is good enough for what I'm doing with it in this application.

I picked up a pound of it from another member here a while back for a reasonable price to try for loading in cowboy action type loads in 44 mag and 45 Colt.

Last Edited:
I'll be finishing up the 44 Mag HP's today then starting on a run of 45-70, Later in the week I'll be doing load development for 32-20. When I get the load I like I'll make a run of it.

I picked up a bullet puller with a few collets a while back and had a chance to use it this weekend.
I was building up some 300aac and ended up loading too much powder in about 30 rounds. Data for 125g & 150g projectiles are on the same page in the manual I was using and I loaded powder for 125g with the 150g seeds. I changed up my pre-load process a bit so I can avoid the same mistake moving forward.

Anyway - bullet puller worked well and all components were reused - 200 150G 300aac ready to go!

I picked up a bullet puller with a few collets a while back and had a chance to use it this weekend.
I was building up some 300aac and ended up loading too much powder in about 30 rounds. Data for 125g & 150g projectiles are on the same page in the manual I was using and I loaded powder for 125g with the 150g seeds. I changed up my pre-load process a bit so I can avoid the same mistake moving forward.

Anyway - bullet puller worked well and all components were reused - 200 150G 300aac ready to go!
I don't load out of books, by that I mean I have a 3X5 card for each and every load I make. I get the data from books but on my bench is a card holder with a slot in the top and just one load card standing up in it. I make sure what I'm doing matches the card and any changes are noted.

Picked up some 10-15 pounds of brass from one of the bays at TCGC, most was Sig branded 9mm brass in really clean condition. Will be sorting and cleaning it this week. Decapping and sizing after.

They work great don't they??? Sure, we'll not need them often but it's nice to pull stuff down easily instead of becoming a carpenter again… :s0140:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads