JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nobody is expected to have a "Perfect" lawn. That can be kind of creepy! being old(er) school I do believe that people with yards should keep them decent though. The guy that lives next door, I don't call him a neighbor, hacks his front yard down 2-3 times a year. Partially. With a cheesy Harbor freight electric string trimmer. That's the front yard. He mows the back, but his front looks like all it's missing is a wrecked car or two, on blocks.
Smart.

Urban camouflage. Nothing worth stealing here, check next door...

Nobody is expected to have a "Perfect" lawn. That can be kind of creepy! being old(er) school I do believe that people with yards should keep them decent though. The guy that lives next door, I don't call him a neighbor, hacks his front yard down 2-3 times a year. Partially. With a cheesy Harbor freight electric string trimmer. That's the front yard. He mows the back, but his front looks like all it's missing is a wrecked car or two, on blocks.
To be honest, mine is more often closer to your neighbor than what would be considered a "nice lawn". I grew up on a dairy farm, with chickens and the occasional cow in the front yard. Nice lawns were something for "townies", and we looked down on the townies. :) (I'm only partly joking)

That reminds me, I was going to send my son out to weed-eat the weeds sprouting up in the front yard. It has more weeds than grass, but it's very small and has shrubs, trees, and rocks. It's a low-maintenance yard.

And if you fertilize it 3-4 times a years? You deserve it!
I gave that up a coupla years ago... made the lawn need mowing every other day or at least twice a week. Nope!!

I did find some Ironite... it keeps the grass green w/o adding growth.

We live in a nice neighborhood. Having a nice yard is something we have had time for in our retirement of 16yrs, and the wife was a farm gal that had to have her hands in the dirt. Admittedly, she overdid the landscape areas and trees and we wound up taking some out. But this yard was an empty slate when we bought it, and the house just a box. We added an entry cover and front deck (which we greatly enjoy sitting on now), and a back patio cover and extended the concrete patio with pavers. The former owner used to drive by and tell the neighbors she didn't know it could look like this... nah, she was just lazy. But now the wife and I have aged and it's harder to keep up with.

Our lawn and landscaping is far from perfect, but it's very attractive. Not boring at all. We don't even have to go camping to enjoy fab greenery.The next door neighbor kids bought that house and never mow the backyard... they have 3 dogs and the little kids don't even play back there... wanna guess why??? Two families living there, 4 adults and two teenagers, one (now two) small child and nobody can mow the lawn or take the garbage can out to the curb. The neighbor gal, in her mid 20s had a baby near Memorial Day, but prior to that SHE mowed the lawn twice a year and griped at me for asking permission to spray their Dandelions and Morning Glory so it doesn't migrate to my place. They don't own a string trimmer, so the front lawn looks like Friar Tuck after it gets mowed, and a jungle otherwise. Everybody else here takes care of their places. It was a 55 and older community til the designation ran out.

Back on topic: I just took several hundred 9mm brass out of the tumbler. I'm still using the corncob media instead of the walnut I also have, because the cob works fast and is already full of the Dillon Case Polish that I add a thimble or two every time. It's some purty brass now after only a few hours of polishing. I no longer decap first, because some cob media can get stuck in primer holes otherwise. If I do need to clean primer pockets, which happens every 3-4 uses of a case, I have the lil tool in my drill press and can do it very quickly, so no worries. Don't know when I'll be switching out media, I haven't been reloading much the last few years, and now the scarcity and cost of components. Primers are obscenely priced online and can't find any in LGS.

Last Edited:
So this is how goofy things are for me. I spent the day loading 45 Colt ammo and at the end of the day I find that I have 450 more rounds than I have orders for right now. Cool I think to myself "I've got shelf stock." Then the phone rings and it's a long time customer that moved to Wisconsin but now will be here next month to visit family. You guessed it, and while she's here can she re-stock her 45 Colt ammo supply? So much for shelf stock.

Edited to add: speaking of lawns, I did get the 8 cords of logs that were in my front yard cut up and stacked so now the Cali Karens will stop bugging me about them.

Last Edited:
I would think it's better to have empty shelves that money sitting on the shelves you can't use.

Edited to add: speaking of lawns, I did get the 8 cords of logs that were in my front yard cut up and stacked so now the Cali Karens will stop bugging me about them.
I WISH the people in my hood had logs stacked in their yard! at least those get turned into heat eventually. Waist deep grass and weeds serve no purpose. Well, unless some arrant bottle rocket flies into it in July. I'll keep my hose ready and hope the fire department is quick in that case.

I gave that up a coupla years ago... made the lawn need mowing every other day or at least twice a week. Nope!!

I did find some Ironite... it keeps the grass green w/o adding growth.

We live in a nice neighborhood. Having a nice yard is something we have had time for in our retirement of 16yrs, and the wife was a farm gal that had to have her hands in the dirt. Admittedly, she overdid the landscape areas and trees and we wound up taking some out. But this yard was an empty slate when we bought it, and the house just a box. We added an entry cover and front deck (which we greatly enjoy sitting on now), and a back patio cover and extended the concrete patio with pavers. The former owner used to drive by and tell the neighbors she didn't know it could look like this... nah, she was just lazy. But now the wife and I have aged and it's harder to keep up with.

Our lawn and landscaping is far from perfect, but it's very attractive. Not boring at all. We don't even have to go camping to enjoy fab greenery.The next door neighbor kids bought that house and never mow the backyard... they have 3 dogs and the little kids don't even play back there... wanna guess why??? Two families living there, 4 adults and two teenagers, one (now two) small child and nobody can mow the lawn or take the garbage can out to the curb. The neighbor gal, in her mid 20s had a baby near Memorial Day, but prior to that SHE mowed the lawn twice a year and griped at me for asking permission to spray their Dandelions and Morning Glory so it doesn't migrate to my place. They don't own a string trimmer, so the front lawn looks like Friar Tuck after it gets mowed, and a jungle otherwise. Everybody else here takes care of their places. It was a 55 and older community til the designation ran out.

Back on topic: I just took several hundred 9mm brass out of the tumbler. I'm still using the corncob media instead of the walnut I also have, because the cob works fast and is already full of the Dillon Case Polish that I add a thimble or two every time. It's some purty brass now after only a few hours of polishing. I no longer decap first, because some cob media can get stuck in primer holes otherwise. If I do need to clean primer pockets, which happens every 3-4 uses of a case, I have the lil tool in my drill press and can do it very quickly, so no worries. Don't know when I'll be switching out media, I haven't been reloading much the last few years, and now the scarcity and cost of components. Primers are obscenely priced online and can't find any in LGS.
If only I had a lawn...

The only thing I have been loading is all my stuff going into srorage. It's okay I'm portable now. Finished up 1500 9mm last week. I can reload in my storage unit If I need to or set up by my travel trailer.

Making room for my youngest daughter she's had it with Hillsboro. She visited 2 weeks ago and wants to try out northern Nevada. Got herself a job so it's on.

Loaded out a hundred 200 gr LSWC .45 ACP…

7275A5FA-E091-4DA4-BD8B-5FEC03BB2DFE.jpeg

In years past due to crappy neighbors (renters) next door our lawn became a weed patch, but after popping weeds out of the yard and applying weed and feed our lawn is coming back!!!

PS didn't reload anything.....

Bendover,
:s0140: Yep, that's what we used to call it! That's where them "Jack" Mormons, and others, would sneak away to from the Salt Lake Valley to get their gambling fix. Legal gambling in the West half of Wendover, and NO gambling, by Utah state law in the East half of Wendover.

Still decapping... my arm is out of shape and gets tired quickly.

And I bent a decap pin, then the circlip that secured it sprang out and bounced who knows where. Then I robbed one from another set of Dillon dies, then after decapping a few shellz, I noticed that clip had disappeared. So I had to take a break and bought four clips at D&B Supply. One still fell on the floor during installation, but I found it. Modified how I was putting it on... with my fingers and then trying to slide it with the edge of a flathead screwdriver... after that I used a sorta hefty pair of grooved needlenose pliers and it worked out fine.

Last Edited:
Still decapping... my arm is out of shape and gets tired quickly.

And I bent a decap pin, then the circlip that secured it sprang out and bounced who knows where. Then I robbed one from another set of Dillon dies, then after a decapping a few shell, I noticed that clip had disappeared. So I had to take a break and bought four clips at D&B Supply. One still fell on the floor during installation, but I found it. Modified how I was putting it on... with my fingers and then trying to slide it with the edge of a flathead screwdriver... after that I used a sorta hefty pair of grooved needlenose pliers and it worked out fine.
You McGeiver you!!! Life is interesting when one has talent (luck)… :s0140:

You McGeiver you!!! Life is interesting when one has talent (luck)… :s0140:
More like McGoober.... I can turn a perfectly good piece of equip into a non-functioning pile of scrap.

Last week I had some FTF problems with old reloads in my Ruger SR9c during an IDPA match. I field stripped it just before the last stage and the feed ramp was dirty... put it back together and the trigger wouldn't reset. Took it apart and put it back together several times. Then I did a deep disassembly on it in the back deck of my SUV.... and lost some parts, they just fell out. Oh man, I haven't messed with that gun in 2 years so I forget it has some quirky parts. Worst thing was that on the way home I remembered that the ejector swivels down during field strip, and you have to reach in and pull it back up after reassembly, it activates the tab that resets the trigger... the whole ball of yarn was unnecessary. :(

Found most of the parts in the spare tire well, but a lil wire keeper was gone.... Ruger is sending me one for free. Good folks.

PS, getting old sucks... I miss my mind!!

Last Edited:
More like McGoober.... I can turn a perfectly good piece of equip into a non-functioning pile of scrap.

Last week I had some FTF problems with old reloads in my Ruger SR9c. I took field stripped it just before the last stage and the feed ramp was dirty... put it back together and the trigger wouldn't reset. Took it apart and put it back together several times. Then I did a deep disassembly on it in the back deck of my SUV.... and lost some parts, they just fell out. Oh man, I haven't messed with that gun in 2 years so I forget it has some quirky parts. Worst thing was that on the way home I remembered that the ejector swivels down during field strip, and you have to reach in and pull it back up after reassembly, it activates the tab that resets the trigger... the whole ball of yarn was unnecessary. :(

Found most of the parts in the spare tire well, but a lil wire keeper was gone.... Ruger is sending me one for free. Good folks.

PS, getting old sucks... I miss my mind!!
Agreed, the one thing I try to do to remember is to write important stuff down but if not in my "ROOM" I forget where I put them… :eek:

Agreed, the one thing I try to do to remember is to write important stuff down but if not in my "ROOM" I forget where I put them… :eek:
I make shopping lists and then forget to take the list. Then I call my wifey from the store but ask her to only tell me the three most important things on the list... that is my capacity of remembery. But sometimes I forget to bring my cellphone...

This last week I loaded some 147 gr 9mm RN coated bullets with some CCI 550 primers that have been in storage since '82. Compared them to recent CCI 500 primers. I got about 23 FPS faster from the magnum primers. All the '82 vintage primers went bang. Friday was a good day at the range

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top