JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Think I'm gonna add the polish to my vibrator and walnut when it shows up.... just borrowed my dads corn cob.... clean but dusty dull. Maybe old media?

A half a dryer sheet helps with dust, and leaves your shiny brass with a lovely spring scent! Don't know if you heard but lizard bedding at pets shops is crushed walnut shell.

A half a dryer sheet helps with dust, and leaves your shiny brass with a lovely spring scent! Don't know if you heard but lizard bedding at pets shops is crushed walnut shell.
So what about adding wax (nu shine stuff) or brass polish...... adding only enough to do the polishing but not enough to keep dust down?

So what about adding wax (nu shine stuff) or brass polish...... adding only enough to do the polishing but not enough to keep dust down?

in my experience the polish doesn't really keep any dust down, but I use old dryer sheets and they also keep my media lasting longer.

my big tumbler gets a sheet cut in two strips

Yeah, dust is a thing. I'm sure if you put enough liquid wax in to keep dust down it would be too much. I feel too little is better than too much. I deal with dust with a compressor. I have your basic Harbor Freight 8 gal 125psi compressor in the garage. I have a wire mesh basket that I use to pour the brass/media in and shake it. Then I use the air to blow around in the brass to get the dust off. Outside, or course.

So what about adding wax (nu shine stuff) or brass polish..

I think you want to stay away from straight "Brass Polish" Like you use on your boat, tarnished door knobs as it contains ammonia which may weaken brass. Anything that is noted for case tumbling would be appropriate.
1614783286469.png

Got some 125g HDY FMJ bullets in and decided to load a few precision rounds to see how they fly. The progressive is nice for vlolume, and the single stage press is still a pleasure to use.

1614919185062.png

Might stain my hands again loading some more 37mm smoke shells in the morning. I turned blue and orange last time.

Need to find more smoke powder!

Finally got some .311 projectiles but I lack a Dillon conversion and tooling head to set up my 7.62x39 dies on the Dillon.

Man, I gotta get off my ace, and cast some slugs for the .45, I'm getting low. I'd just buy them, if I could find what I want, but that stuff's still pretty scarce.

I have a reloading bench, and I have a leather work bench. What I DON'T have is room for some misc. stuff in my room. So which ever hobby I'm doing at the moment, the misc. goes on the other bench. And since the granddaughter is making her brother a wallet for his ASB card, guess which bench is covered right now. :rolleyes:

Loaded 400 rounds of 45 colt yesterday, 50 rounds with a 250 grain and black powder. 50 rounds with 5 grains of trail boss and a 255 grain hard cast. 100 rounds with 8.0 grains unique. 100 rounds with 300 grain GC at 1000 fps using long shot. 100 rounds with 300 grain GC at 1100 fps.

If wifey allows me to hide in man cave tonight, I'll load1000 rounds of .223. Brass is prepped and that should take about 2 hours.

The other day I loaded 100 40S&W on the new loadmaster, good golly that thing is FAST. Today I shot 24 of them and had my first ever squib...:s0001::s0001::s0001: It sounded like a POP and not a boom with recoil so it didn't cycle the slide. Cleared the weapon and sure enough there was a fired case still in the chamber.:oops:
I thought I was very diligent while on the press that time but it appears I wasn't and missed one (that I know of).:eek::eek::eek:
I'm going to pull one, check the weight and weigh the rest to be sure I don't have another :s0124:.

29181969-1D5C-4A33-B77B-7B797D364320.jpeg

2F163A7D-3CD8-4F64-AB7D-26AAED6C99EB.jpeg

F986D244-DB82-48F5-A376-A8E4944946DA.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class