JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I worked up a load that shot well and revisited the press to load another 200.
These 220g bullets are a little top heavy but clock in at 1020fps and group well.

1610780796132.png

I put together 100 45Colts using Hornady 250grain XTPs that I found at BiMart yesterday :) Almost intoxicating building such expensive(in factory form) loads like these! I also managed to sort out the 45ACP brass from the 9mm from the last range trip. Hoping to reload the 9mm soon.

That's a good term, "Intoxicating"! I 'spose I still get that feeling when I load anything! Even 9mm, considering you're not going to be stopping to get some 9mm at BiMart on the way to the range!

That's a good term, "Intoxicating"! I 'spose I still get that feeling when I load anything! Even 9mm, considering you're not going to be stopping to get some 9mm at BiMart on the way to the range!

when I started reloading everyone told me that 9mm wasn't worth it. When I started doing them I was maybe saving 2 cents. Then once I started buying in bulk I was loading them at half the price. Well now I have plenty of 9mm and can load plenty more and it cost half ofwhat Pre pandemic prices cost.

when I started reloading everyone told me that 9mm wasn't worth it. When I started doing them I was maybe saving 2 cents. Then once I started buying in bulk I was loading them at half the price. Well now I have plenty of 9mm and can load plenty more and it cost half ofwhat Pre pandemic prices cost.

That's where I've been pretty much since Dec 2011. I think the only non bulk bullets I bought was a box of Hornady 230gr XTPs in .45acp. That was my first. I bought the Rock Chucker Supreme kit new. Used dies and tumbler. Bought Montana Gold 9mm in bulk from a member. Used brass from members. It's pretty much been bulk everything since. I'm into it pretty much equally for the joy of reloading as the joy of shooting.

I severely depleted my .40 S&W and .45 Colt stocks today wringing out some firearms. I felt dirty shooting about 200 rounds of ammo.

But, now I have a clearer picture of what to consolidate in terms of loads for each caliber.

Nothing in the last little while, but I DID clean up the mess from a lanolin bottle that had gotten knocked over on the reloading bench. Need to cast some more bullets, so I have a reasonable sized batch to poly-coat. Shop's a mess, getting ready for the cnc mill to ship later this month. Big doings on the horizon, but kind of in a holding pattern, for now. ( Also spending a lot of my limited free time studying cad/cam.)

Couple of more loads to try in the new Glock to see if I can get it to acceptable accuracy levels. Don't really like Blue Dot and Power Pistol, since they seem quite flashy have more recoil than they should, but the couple of loads I used them for in .40 S&W and 10mm, they were very accurate. So held my nose and worked up a couple of loads for the Glock using 7.0 grains of Power Pistol and 8.5 grains of Blue Dot behind 180gr bullets. Have to wait until next week to see if they work.

View attachment 806983
I have pretty much switched from power pistol to be-86 because of the flash. Some say it is the same as pp with flash suppressant added. I can't confirm that but burn rate/performance is very similar to pp minus the flash. Probably doesn't help much with current shortages but keep an eye out and maybe you can score some.

$150 worth of ammo. or, 50 .45 Colt loads using 250 grain XTPs and 10.5 grains of Unique. This is now my primary load for my Ruger Bisley and Henry rifle. Need to find more of the XTPs as I am down to 200 of them and a pound of Unique.

IMG_20210121_004731062.jpg

$150 worth of ammo. or, 50 .45 Colt loads using 250 grain XTPs and 10.5 grains of Unique. This is now my primary load for my Ruger Bisley and Henry rifle. Need to find more of the XTPs as I am down to 200 of them and a pound of Unique.

View attachment 811345
I love those XTP's, I have loaded them with Unique as well. I have also loaded some with H110 but just gotta make sure to use those in a Ruger. :)

View attachment 811345
Someone has an ad on the classifieds for some 300gr 45 XTPs. Price seems high to me, but I think I'm out of touch on such things lately. Thought I'd mention it in case you like heavy bullets.

I tried 300gr bullets in .44 Mag some years back, and decided to stick with 240-260 he bullets. I have an old Lyman 429421 mold, and use a lot of them.

No reloading since early spring. But in the last month or so 100lbs of WW and a lil bit of pewter made some fine 38spl at 150 grains, 240 grain for my 44mag, 200 gr for my 45acp, and some very large 405 grain for 45/70.

All 38's are now John Deere Green. Most of the 45's are now Traffic Cone orange, and the 44's will be bright yellow by the weekend.

Then the reloading begins.

Hoping to get enough loaded up so when I go back to work, tear out the floor in my den, lay down some white oak hardwood. Then a custom bench and shelves out of black walnut I have been saving.

I finally stumbled into components to work up a low recoil .243 load to move my son up to a centerfire rifle. He's been reloading with me for several years and will now be able to shoot his own ammo once it warms up a bit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top