JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This morning I ran up 300 of deez:

IMG_20200904_062848801.jpg

And finished up with 90 of demm:

IMG_20200904_065526383.jpg

got a bunch of stuff loaded up in the past couple weeks to take out for testing this weekend in the desert. Looks a little hotter than expected, but I guess I'll really know if I loaded anything too hot.

for .223 there is
68gr Hornady BTHP with CFE 223
73gr Hornady ELD-M loaded with TAC and CFE 223
75gr OTM from Everglades loaded with CFE 223 and Shooters world Match

300blk
125gr Speer TNT with H110 and Lil' Gun

147gr M80 pulls with my last bit of 4320 im trying to use up. Confirming that my plinking load with 150gr fmjs works with M80 pulls.
178gr Hornady ELD-M and IMR 4064, confirming a good load I had out last time.

9mm
147 coated lead with Shooters world clean shot. Confirming a nice and quiet subsonic load

45 auto
230gr coated lead round nose with Clays. Confirming this load too.

Built up a case of 124g 9mm in the past week. Bulk Hornady RN bullets that fly pretty good...

I had a bag of new brass and a full box of 9mm XTP bullets laying around as well - I was lucky and had just enough Accurate #7 to build these up today.
They take a little more time to reload compared to other rounds and it's well worth it. Such a fun round.

IMG_20200907_133230.jpg

Loaded 100 rounds worth of ladder test for 9mm 125 grain poly coats. Hp-38 and HS-6, aiming for as close to 1100 fps as I can get, +/- for whichever load groups the most accurately. Several loads for each. Loaded just under 1k rounds of .45 ACP with 230 gn plated hp's and plated 250 grain fp. Those both tested out real accurate in the 625 revolver, if I do my part, they group around 2.5" at 13 yards.

I feel like a piker. I finished up a small batch of 9mm range rounds [don't tell my 1911s] this afternoon on my bubba'd Lee Progressive. More time spent tweaking my FUBARed Lee so it would run right. Still fun though ... :s0114:

Primed a half a bucket of shiny clean .45 acp brass. I'm just stashing the small primer ones as they get sorted out during priming, saving my limited small primer stash for other things, but I got probably 300 sp ones out of this load. I like the small primer stuff for the thinner walls; it makes rounds that can be loaded into a revolver in moonclips at competition speeds with less chance of hanging up. Still waiting on more plated bullets, though.

Well today was the day. I finally did my first rifle cartridges (.223).

Loaded up a ladder
55gn FMJ HP factory seconds (the canelure is off)
LC brass (swaged)
Trimmed to 1.745"
OAL 2.210"
Powder was H322 from 21.0-22.8gn in .3gn increments.

I never realized how time consuming going from once fired brass to loaded and crimped rifle round was :confused:....once I settle in on a load I will be able to go much faster not having to fiddle around with the powder mesure and trickler every round....also once I swage all my brass (I use a Frankford arsenal swagger)

DEC18C38-48DA-4D9F-82CA-46234ACF40DF.jpeg

This morning I finally finished processing the last batch of the 1000 PMC cases, they are ready to prime when my new bench primer arrives. I started this project over a month ago, things just kept coming up & so had to put it on the back burner...:(
The count is 1,185...:D

4FA283BF-82A9-4E17-B934-D45395C04E83.jpeg

Last Edited:

Loaded up a ladder
LC brass (swaged)
Trimmed to 1.745"
OAL 2.210"

I never realized how time consuming going from once fired brass to loaded and crimped rifle round was :confused:....once I settle in on a load I will be able to go much faster not having to fiddle around with the powder mesure and trickler every round....also once I swage all my brass (I use a Frankford arsenal swagger)

View attachment 755433

Shiny!

My friend who doesn't reload is always amused at how fussy I get when he lets brass hit the pavement when he's using a bolt action and I'm working on a hunting load for him. I don't get as concerned about SA brass but I do try to get it to land in the brass catcher dealie my range has. But yeah -- bottleneck cases are a lot of work.

Shiny!

My friend who doesn't reload is always amused at how fussy I get when he lets brass hit the pavement when he's using a bolt action and I'm working on a hunting load for him. I don't get as concerned about SA brass but I do try to get it to land in the brass catcher dealie my range has. But yeah -- bottleneck cases are a lot of work.

They might be that shiny cause I accidentally left the tumbler on for 12hrs :eek: whoops.

I did use the Hornady oneshot and I liked it quite a bit! Didn't stick one!!!! Hahaha Sizing even these small cases definitely let you know you working at it! (RCBS JR2).

next up will be loading up a ladder for my new to me .243, that one I'm super excited about! All the components are so much easier to handle, I may have dropped...a few projectiles lol

Loaded up a ladder
LC brass (swaged)
Trimmed to 1.745"
OAL 2.210"

View attachment 755433
should weigh every round unless you are just plinking.

Went out to the range a couple of days ago and gathered up around 800 pieces of brass.
Yesterday I washed off the mud and gunk in a bucket, mostly dried them off and tumbled in corncob.
Today I deprimed and sorted. I ended up with about 750 pieces of 9mm.
I have not loaded pistol in the past but looking forward to starting when components become available again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top