JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like WSF fairly well, although I've moved to other stuff, it had a decent soft recoil with 147 grain 9mm. Not remembering huge amounts of smoke with it though. Not like Titegroup.

Finally got around to making some reduced load 30-30

Scored a bunch of plated 150gr bullets, which cant be fired at normal velocities.

Went with 10gr of Unique and was averaging about 1350fps through my Henry. Perfect plinking load. Relatively quiet too

I like WSF fairly well, although I've moved to other stuff, it had a decent soft recoil with 147 grain 9mm. Not remembering huge amounts of smoke with it though. Not like Titegroup.
For pistol, I've tried a few different powders. WSF, W231, Titegroup, Lil' Gun, Blue Dot, Unique, Power Pistol, and finally Ramshot Silhouette.

I liked Silhouette, also, but for my purposes, I've settled on Accurate #2. Good, fast powder that meters very well. Not a lot of smoke with coated bullets, runs cooler than some fast powders. ( My pistol gets REALLY hot running Titegroup loads for extended practice sessions.) It seems to live up to its name, also!

Loaded about 1200 rounds of .380 for my partner, with hand cast poly coated tc. Probably load up the rest of the SNS 147 rnfp for my 9mm as my next session.

I liked Silhouette, also, but for my purposes, I've settled on Accurate #2. Good, fast powder that meters very well. Not a lot of smoke with coated bullets, runs cooler than some fast powders. ( My pistol gets REALLY hot running Titegroup loads for extended practice sessions.) It seems to live up to its name, also!

Loaded about 1200 rounds of .380 for my partner, with hand cast poly coated tc. Probably load up the rest of the SNS 147 rnfp for my 9mm as my next session.

Do you have any experience using #2 for short barreled 9mm?

I do not. I would expect it would work well. I looked on another reloading forum, and several people recommended it for an sr9c.

Thanks - it's in the "will work up and test eventually" list for me. Have used #5 for volume / everything 9mm so far but wanted to test the faster powder for some micro 9mm reasons.

Imr 4198 @ 11.7 gr
Lee mold .308 230 gr range scrap bullet
Once fired and cleaned 300blkout brass

gotta load some more and than go have fun shootin 2B87FA3B-6B08-4892-BE54-A6269DED1214.jpeg

~ 75 12 gauge shotshells. Still figuring out and setting up a new ( to me) MEC 9000g progressive shotshell reloader. Kinda done for tonight after spilling shot all over the workbench for the third time in an hour. Still a few more adjustments to make, seems like it can run pretty fast once I get it all dialed in. People's youtube videos claim 500 rounds per hour, which is a couple of weekends worth of trapshooting, for me. 700-X and a #28 bushing gives me ~ 1225 fps with 1 oz of #8.5 on the full choke barrel. ( Yes, I ladder tested. )

Nice looking rounds <grin>!

How do you lube those bullets? Do you use a gas check? I have a buddy who bought that mold in hopes I'd cast some bullets for him and then help him find a load.
So the lee mold that I got does not have a gas check and I didn't not lube them either. I'm going to start powder coating them but I wanted to make 20 and see what they do. Kinda just running test on them

So the lee mold that I got does not have a gas check and I didn't not lube them either. I'm going to start powder coating them but I wanted to make 20 and see what they do. Kinda just running test on them
Maybe I misunderstand, but no lube at all, of any kind? If so, I guarantee you do NOT want to shoot them. It's a little like running your car engine without oil...

Maybe I misunderstand, but no lube at all, of any kind? If so, I guarantee you do NOT want to shoot them. It's a little like running your car engine without oil...
Oh I definitely agree. I wanted to get photos of the leading. I want to put together kinda like a before and after with no coatings/lube, lube, powdercoating, spray applies coating with and with out baking. Stuff like that all in one post.

Imr 4198 @ 11.7 gr
Lee mold .308 230 gr range scrap bullet
Once fired and cleaned 300blkout brass

gotta load some more and than go have fun shootinView attachment 723865
Pre-coffee I was all staring at that and going, "that's a pretty fast load for lead, good job" and then realized.. lol.
I use a Lyman 195 gr spitzer for my 30-06 is kinda why I thought that

Back when I first started casting, in the late '80s, I loaded a few .30 Carbine rounds with un-lubed bullets. I ended up spending hours scraping and cleaning lead out of the bore and gas piston. It was a mess, and I learned quickly that I didn't want to make that mistake again.

Powder coating, on the other hand, has revolutionized casting for me. In that same M1 Carbine, I load a 100gr powder-coated bullet to a velocity or around 1800fps- a plain-base bullet and no leading at all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top