JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reloaded 100 9mm last Sunday. Been working during the crisis, but staying home on weekends. My local range makes us shoot lead free ammo.
Just found out that they lifted that ban and we can shoot FMJ. So the 100 FMJ bullets I pulled are now once again ready to be fired. Now I need to
go shoot the 100 .44 Specials I reloaded with frangible bullets. Really need to find a place outside to shoot.
ARPC in Shedd is ~ an hour away from Springfield, great place to shoot. Might also be worthwhile to contact the Eugene Practical Shooters club, and see where they shoot.

Prepped some 32-20 rounds. Loaded a few 115gr lead into about 10 last nigh. I will probably finish up the rest later today.

Being kind of a noob to the guns, and cartridges world, becoming a hand loader for what guns I do shoot.......I like looking up, and reading about, rounds I'm not familiar with. Good thing you load for .32-20, spendy little round to be going out a blasting a bunch!

Preping and loading 300 7.62x51 NATOs for my M60 [yeah right - I WISH]
I mean my HK91, with my single stage press... Long day...

20200401_152916.jpg

Yesterday, I got out my stuff and loaded 6 boxes of 357 Mag ammo. 158gr SWCL. Funny thing... I don't own a single revolver!
I figured that someone, a relative, friend or a neighbor might need some when, or if, the SHTF. All in nice boxes. I love those guys at the range that throw their once-fired brass and a nice box in the trash. I dumpster dive and come out nice.

Loaded up the last of my SNS casting 135 grn 9mm polys, after doing some mods to the press. Hornady Lock & Load, did the arbor shims under the plate, and lead ramps for the detents. Runs way smoother, and not spilling powder all over the place anymore. Loaded up 45 .380 rounds for a ladder test with hp-38. Now I'm out of projectiles for the 9mm, hope some of the mad quantities I ordered show up soon... more SNS, and some Black Bullets.

Now, if I can just get about an hour of not raining ( much) this weekend so I don't drown the chrono...

Since supplies are virtually non-existent, I was thinking about loading 158 gr SWCL in my 9mm Parabelum .
Did it back in the late 1980's for bowling pin shoots. Looking for loads again.

Anybody had success?

Sized and trimmed about 50 .30 -30 today - UPDATE - finally got to use the handle I made for my Lee case trimmer shell holder - works great!

Cuts trimming time by about 1/2 due to not having to fiddle with the little holder. The handle makes the Lee case holder now an easy to use tool!

AND ordered 500 9MM 124 grain Plated RN bullets from Xtreme - heck even with shipping they end up being less than what I pay locally for 250 round boxes!

IMG_1752[1].JPG

Last Edited:
been reloading 6 ppc for a couple of days. I have the Sako rifle since 1987 or so. Got 500 factory rounds. Did not shoot it much. Took it to Rosebud a couple of times. In the safe for 10 years or so, and decided to spend some time this year with it.It is exactly on the dot under 200. I hope the pin heads in charge of my range open up soon.They are just hiding behind desks. No danger!!!

In an excess of exuberance a decade or so ago, I loaded considerable # of 38 special cases with all manner of small-lot recipes, seeking to confirm that 'just right' combination. Gradually I've discovered a handful of 'just right' recipes for one of my favorite range games....the so-called "speed steel challenge".

I've been winnowing down some of those loads just not all that suitable, and reload with my current updated recipe. Today I upgraded another couple matches worth of the New Brew. There were zero brass brass scrapped, but a good half-dozen of old feeble nickle brass went in the Final Bucket.

Got in a box with 500 Speer 95g TMJ for .380acp. Decided to load a box of 100...
Ended up doing 104 - I had a few crushed cases so I pulled them back apart and got them packed properly.

undo.JPG

Did about 400 rounds of .380, 3.1 grn of HP-38, Federal sp, 100 grn Xtreme cprnfp. On the ladder test, these were making 2" groups at 15 yards off a rest, best I've ever seen a Bersa Thunder do! Sd of 20, which is about the best I've managed for .380 out of a short barrel.

Man, you kids today have it easy... Why, I remember back in the great bullet famine of '20, when we had to load .357 bullets to make 9mm loads....

Loaded up 100 .223 today with components from the pulled down 5.56 reloads from a few weeks ago.
Using IMR30131 which is an extruded powder that is not metering well so I weighed each and every load...:eek:

The other 50 looks exactly like this 50 rounds...:D

990639EA-E754-4D80-87D3-A2804B1E7694.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews