JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few 7.62x51 rounds:

IMG_8877[1].jpg

I finally got around to putting together some components I've had laying around for over a decade: surplus M80 pulled bullets, surplus powder, old Israeli brass; good plinking ammo for under 20 cents per round. Should be a few years supply for the L1A1 and Ishapore Enfield.

I loaded up some 308 test rounds for my AR. I tried some 168 AMAX in this gun a week or so ago and thought there might be some potential so what did I load up for it? Well, 178 ELD-M's of course...... I was in BiMart and they had all there powder and Hornady bullets on sale so I had the give the 178's a try. Been wanting to test them out in my bolt gun too so.... off I go.

Anyway, 4 different powder weights in the low/mid 40 grain area of Varget at 2.810 COL with CCI 250 primers. Seems to be a pretty safe length for the 308 PMAGs

. 31D9708B-004D-43DE-BD29-FCE8644B54BE_1_201_a.jpeg

Did you have spare tubes of primers waiting on the side? That's 5.33 loaded rounds every minute, or one about every 11 seconds. That's clippin' along at a nice pace.
I have been using the Dillon since 1991 There are times it needs cleaning or something doesn't quite work right. But when she is running smooth and you don't spill "things" You can really get into the grove and crank out the rounds. Some times when not able to get into the grove 300 per hour is plenty and about 4 years ago I did 500 rounds in an hour once but that was a once in a life time intense work out and not pleasurable. No I load the primers each 100 rounds because I need the break. I really like the Dillon. I load often so I am in practice. Time and repetition . Pistol calibers are pretty fast, rifle cases not including pep time takes much longer . 30/06 300 Weatherby and 338 Lapua are much harder and slower to load. 223 is much easier.

Last Edited:
I have been using the Dillon since 1991 There are times it needs cleaning or something doesn't quite work right. But when she is running smooth and you don't spill "things" You can really get into the grove and crank out the rounds. Some times when not able to get into the grove 300 per hour is plenty and about 4 years ago I did 500 rounds in an hour once but that was a once in a life time intense work out and not pleasurable. No I load the primers each 100 rounds because I need the break. I really like the Dillon. I load often so I am in practice. Time and repetition . Pistol calibers are pretty fast, rifle cases not including pep time takes much longer . 30/06 300 Weatherby and 338 Lapua are much harder and slower to load. 223 is much easier.

Makes sense, I love the 550! One of my after work relax the brain pass-times is do 100 rounds on the 550. Recently had a brother in law (not a reloader) try it and one of his first thoughts was why not automate it, ammo bot and bullet feeder on a 1050 and all that.

I don't shoot enough to justify the cost to set that up, but I do love the 550. My grandpa when he was alive did all his reloading on an RCBS single stage in the 60's-90's. If he was alive and reloading today I am sure he would be amazed.

O have am RCBS Junior, and a rockchucher. Both single stage. It's a slow process, but they gets the job done. I wouldn't have so many rounds, if the government doesn't keep closing all the range pits I used to go to. I would need to travel at least 150 miles from Portland just to go shoot on the woods. That's really Stoopid.

I think I have close to 20,000 rounds, from 45-70, .30_06,.308, .30-30, .45LC, .45 ACP, .40 S&W ,44 mag, .44 spcl, .357, ..38 spl, 9mm, .380 ACP and
223. Way too much to have on one place, because of the boom/ insurance factor.

An Easter basket of 38's!!!

If Trail boss shoots as consistently as it loads I think I've found a new plinking powder for my wheel guns

24FFC1F6-9AD4-45CC-B94C-93C7EFA5DD1A.jpeg

Only issue with trail boss is its expensive and you dont get a full pound

That is absolutely true, however for loading up some super soft stuff for my lady or friends just getting into shooting its earned its place on my "always have a jug" list

Did up some 178gr Hornady ELD 308 rounds with IMR 4064 for my AR10. the goal is to ring steel at 1000 yards, which will be a first for me.

I've had good luck with various 168gr loads with 4064, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top