JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tweaked my back Thursday so I couldn't shoot Speed Steel this weekend. But I could strap a heating pad to my back and stand at my bench so I cranked out 2250 M885 copies and 1500 9mm.

For my milspec copy rounds I use Hornady 62gr. FMJBTs which shoot far better than any other brand FMJs I've tried. These will easily hold 2 MOA across multiple rifles and usually better.

20191208_122721.jpg 20191208_123224.jpg

Last Edited:
Lol, I luvs that bucket! It has a heavy duty bail and is probably around a gallon in size.
I've been eyeballing the new bimart 1500 round
.22 bucket ad.. mmm, bucket. I sure don't need. 22 though.

I picked up four. If my kids had their way that would last say ... two trips to the range! :s0001:

Last Edited:
Loading some 30/06 for M1 Garand matches. Light load for a soft recoil and less wear on the shooter and the rifle.
500 rounds loaded up on Lake City 1969 brass and Speer 125 grain TNT bullets. Weighing each powder charge with my
RCBS Chargemaster. Since IMR-4064 meters so poorly. Maybe not necessary for a position shooting a M1?
But maybe it gives me a physiological advantage??? Going to try some HXP brass next heard it works well and I have a lot of it.
View attachment 637530
Since I don't have an electronic powder dispenser this is how I deal with extruded powder on my 550.

20191025_194702.jpg

I was lazy the last two days.....I bought some 5.45x39mm and 7.62x54r.

BUT on the other side of ammo/reloading/Christmas news.....
Soon I'll have to start reloading 8mm Mauser (7.92x57mm). :)

Aloha, Mark

When I competed with government ammo I'd always dump the boxes out, the best boxes, save if it was .38 wadcutter, didn't have dividers.
The worst were usually Winchester (Silvertip etc.) with those grippy foam blocks.

Yup...I hate that white foam stuff. It can melt when exposed to high heat. Then, try cleaning up the ammo afterwards. Just so it'll chamber. Such a PIA.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

I sized, formed, and trimmed Lapua 243 brass into 6 SLR. The brass was fired in my factory 243 barrel so I had to size all of it in a small base die to make sure it would fit in my 6SLR chamber. Lapua brass is thicker so when fired in a larger chamber it can be too big for a smaller chamber dimensions from a match reamer.

6SLR brass is die formed which is cool, no cream of wheat fire forming needed.

Sizing brass in a SB die takes work so I go to the best lube, Imperial sizing wax.
By sizing brass first then forming the necks, I can use a lot less force to form the 6 SLR neck and shoulder

Because Lapua shoulders are thicker than the necks, forming Lapua brass into 6 SLR moves some of the shoulder into the new neck making the new neck too thick and requires turning. Some choose to form 6 SLR with thinner brass to avoid turning but if you have the 21st Century lathe, turning is easy and gives great results.

Tomorrow will be loading & seating day.

243 to 6SLR.jpg 6SLR Tools.jpg

Margerine and cottage cheese tubs are for wimps. A real man eats peanut butter and washes it down with milk, then uses milk crates and the PB jars for his ammo!

View attachment 639012View attachment 639011

JIF.... Ewwwwwww!!!

Since I don't have an electronic powder dispenser this is how I deal with extruded powder on my 550.

View attachment 639015

I have a powder drop adapter also. My RCBS measure still doesn't give the accuracy I want for most of my rifle shooting, but if I was doing production loads like 5.56 for plinking I guess it would be good enough!

Just loaded 50 9mm. trying a new powder/bullet combo 124gn plated over Hod700x.

I've used 700X for many years for 9mm. Nice clean powder!
Uh huh. Until he gets GERD. Then peanut butter will become a fond memory.

I am thinking of getting a hand press kit. I have weapons in .380, .40S&W, 5.56, 30-06 and 12g.

Then again, I don't shoot a lot. Not 100% sure I need a kit.

I would think it might be worth it at least for the '06 and .40

If in doubt you could always start with a lee loader for either cartridge and see what might work for you.

JIF.... Ewwwwwww!!!

I'm offended! ;)

How dare you connect my supurb peanut butter jar storage system with JIF! For your enlightenment, those are Kroger Brand Peanut Butter jars!

JIF is a no go for three important reasons:

1. All that added sugar makes it taste like bubblegum.
2. With the amount of PB that goes through my house JIF is way too expensive and,
3. This is the important one …
...JIF jars are way to small to hold a decent amount of bullets or cartridges!

:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I'm offended! ;)

How dare you connect my supurb peanut butter jar storage system with JIF! For you enlightenment, those are Kroger Brand Peanut Butter jars!

2. With the amount of PB that goes through my house JIF is way too expensive and,

I've been keeping an empty Utz cheeseball container that's about as big as a beach ball to fill up with loaded 9mm just for the fun of it.

I'm offended! ;)

How dare you connect my supurb peanut butter jar storage system with JIF! For you enlightenment, those are Kroger Brand Peanut Butter jars!

We like the Adam's Natural crunchy here. The only issue is that with natural peanut butter, the oil separates and it's a pain to mix it back in.

No reloading, but I made a bullet sizer on my lathe. The, "Maxi-Ball" bullets coming out of my LEE combination, bullet/ball mold fit my
.50 cal. so tight I would have needed a mallet to drive them down the bore.

I turned a piece of steel bar stock down to fit inside of my venerable RCBS Jr. Then I bored it out to .498 which seems to give me a slightly snug fit. Weather permitting, I'll try to get in a range trip, later in the week, or this weekend.

I'm offended! ;)

How dare you connect my supurb peanut butter jar storage system with JIF! For your enlightenment, those are Kroger Brand Peanut Butter jars!

Oh, good... my doggie won't eat JIF either!!

We like the Adam's Natural crunchy here. The only issue is that with natural peanut butter, the oil separates and it's a pain to mix it back in.

Adam's is the way! Put in fridge after mixing and it won't separate again. We buy the large jars and keep a small amount out for easy spreading.

Put it upside down in a paint shaker!

My wife loves that stuff, it's her private reserve stock!

And … glass jars don't make good cartridge or bullet storage containers! :(

I don't have no stinkin paint shaker! Would have to put it on the ex-wife's buttocks, and that's a NOGO!!!

Plastic is harmful to the enviro... we need a law against Kroger plastic jars... they are made from petro. Glass is natural, comes from sand. Both come from the Middle East tho... :eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top