JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watching me reload would drive you guys crazy.....I know it does my brother.
I dribble my powder out of a bent T-Spoon into an old RCBS balance scale.
Proving once again...Even a Cave Man can do it. Caveman 6.jpg

I hate when that happens, I normally sit in my warm clean room for a half hour to acclimate before I get serious...:D

I moved my gun repair bench into the house (actually, I appropriated the wife's woodworking bench :D) but I still like to keep all the explosive materials in the shop. Was checking to see what I had on hand and bumped the boxes against the opening at the top of the safe. :oops: Didn't harm the loads of course, but my knees are hurting and I gotta buy two new 100rd reload boxes.

I moved my gun repair bench into the house (actually, I appropriated the wife's woodworking bench :D) but I still like to keep all the explosive materials in the shop. Was checking to see what I had on hand and bumped the boxes against the opening at the top of the safe. :oops: Didn't harm the loads of course, but my knees are hurting and I gotta buy two new 100rd reload boxes.
You gotta loosen up, man. I keep my pistol range ammo in a empty margarita mix tub, with a good size smaller tub and ziplocks all full of loose ammo in there with the lid snapped on tight.

You gotta loosen up, man. I keep my pistol range ammo in a empty margarita mix tub, with a good size smaller tub and ziplocks all full of loose ammo in there with the lid snapped on tight.

I'd be pretty loose if I emptied an entire margarita mix tub, while reloading. ;)

Last Edited:
Watching me reload would drive you guys crazy.....I know it does my brother.
I dribble my powder out of a bent T-Spoon into an old RCBS balance scale.
Proving once again...Even a Cave Man can do it.View attachment 637985

No kidding, before I got all civilized I loaded off of my out feed table... I used an older Lyman scale and the smallest of a set of plastic measuring spoons.... I had not yet acquired a set of Lee powder dippers.:s0115:
Now I be chittin in Tall Cotton with electronic powder feed, scale and a new to me RCBS 10-10 with two presses set on the same bench. :s0143::s0143:
To tell you the truth I know it's new clean room is a PITA because I'm always cleaning up after every mass I make, which is not caveman's style at all.:eek:

I'd be pretty loose if I emptied an entire margarita mix tub, while reloading. ;)
Lol, I luvs that bucket! It has a heavy duty bail and is probably around a gallon in size.
I've been eyeballing the new bimart 1500 round
.22 bucket ad.. mmm, bucket. I sure don't need. 22 though.

I keep my pistol range ammo in a empty margarita mix tub, with a good size smaller tub

I sometimes use the "cottage cheese container system" which is similar. Mostly for stuff I'm going to use soon. If I think I'm gonna stack it away for a while, I box it. Rectangular boxes take up less space than anything roundy. BUT: A guy can spend a lot of money buying made-for-purpose ammo boxes. I have some plastics that I bought years ago and have re-used who knows how many times. Then one time I bought some of those white cardboard and styrofoam sets that Midway sells, have used them over and over again. Sometimes at a range, I will salvage factory ammo boxes that others throw away. The ones they make today are fairly nice with plastic tray inserts to hold the ammo in. I tend to batch rifle ammo in lots of 50, don't like 20 count boxes for those.

The square 100rd plastic boxes fit better in the range bags and in the safe. I just can't imagine showing up to an IDPA or USPSA match and pulling out my baggies or margarine tubs of ammo! :eek:

I sometimes use the "cottage cheese container system" which is similar. Mostly for stuff I'm going to use soon. If I think I'm gonna stack it away for a while, I box it. Rectangular boxes take up less space than anything roundy. BUT: A guy can spend a lot of money buying made-for-purpose ammo boxes. I have some plastics that I bought years ago and have re-used who knows how many times. Then one time I bought some of those white cardboard and styrofoam sets that Midway sells, have used them over and over again. Sometimes at a range, I will salvage factory ammo boxes that others throw away. The ones they make today are fairly nice with plastic tray inserts to hold the ammo in. I tend to batch rifle ammo in lots of 50, don't like 20 count boxes for those.
I hate loading out of boxes, preferring to grab a handful (it's not really surprising that after decades of stoking Hi-Power mags that 9/10 I'll scoop up exactly thirteen 9mm rounds) from a pocket, bucket, sack, yada.
It's pretty funny watching hickok45, even with loose ammo he'll pick up one round, put it in the cylinder or mag and repeat. What a noob, can't even count to six.

The square 100rd plastic boxes fit better in the range bags and in the safe. I just can't imagine showing up to an IDPA or USPSA match and pulling out my baggies or margarine tubs of ammo! :eek:
The bail makes it awesome. Do you put your empties in your little boxes or dump them in a/THE bucket to be sorted out later.

The bail makes it awesome. Do you put your empties in your little boxes or dump them in a/THE bucket to be sorted out later.

My main range bag has compartments separated by padding (like a camera bag). Each section gets one or two full boxes of pistola ammo, then the last compartment is about 5" and has a nylon bag with a cinch rope that the empties go into. Keep in mind that I mean for pistol match shooting. When I get home, the empty hulls go into whatever container I am using... I have margarine tubs for 9mm, old Lasercast bullet boxes and a coffee can for .45acp, and some rubbermaid tubs for .38... pretty much the same for rifle shells.

Dump box in tub.

At IDPA match I have to go from one bermed area to another for each stage of competition, so it's just easier to take the ammo in my range bag. I've seen some competitors that use push carts have tubs in the cart, but those things are expensive so I gotta hand carry mine.

Maybe people will think you are a rich guy when they see you doing that. "Look, he's got sooooo, much ammo."
When I competed with government ammo I'd always dump the boxes out, the best boxes, save if it was .38 wadcutter, didn't have dividers.
The worst were usually Winchester (Silvertip etc.) with those grippy foam blocks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top