JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't reload any, but I got my 44 mag die set it the mail.picked up a box of 180gr & 240 gr xtps. Excited to load them up and see what they'll do on some left over pumpkins and water jugs.

Went to get at it and my calipers are dead and I can't find the extra batteries. Looks like I'll order a few more batteries and maybe non digital set up calipers.

Uncovered the Dillon, Cleaned some dust off here and there, Cycled some brass around it to see where everything was at in sequence, Added more primers down the tube , Opened a new box of bullets I had recently picked up at a store, Placed a few bullets on, and then there they were, 45 cap FMJ 's !!!!!!

Uncovered the Dillon, Cleaned some dust off here and there, Cycled some brass around it to see where everything was at in sequence, Added more primers down the tube , Opened a new box of bullets I had recently picked up at a store, Placed a few bullets on, and then there they were, 45 acp FMJ 's !!!!!!

I can't find the extra batteries.
when I finally discovered my red dot sights take the same little battery as the calipers need, I was able to justify creating a 'special little spot' in my mysterious spare-parts-storage-management system. I use a small plastic box some Berrys Bullets came in. Just KNEW if I kept that around long enough...... :cool:

In any case, having a 'spare battery' stash easy to get to has proven handy.

Finished 2,532 pieces of .223 today. Deprimed, tumbled, swaged, reamed, sized, trimmed, chamfered, deburred, tumbled a second time before sorting by headstamp and dropping into baggies with labels. Next-up will be the 1,500 pieces of .223 but that won't start until the weekend. Lol

20191117_193724.jpg

Finished 2,532 pieces of .223 today. Deprimed, tumbled, swaged, reamed, sized, trimmed, chamfered, deburred, tumbled a second time before sorting by headstamp and dropping into baggies with labels. Next-up will be the 1,500 pieces of .223 but that won't start until the weekend. Lol

View attachment 634332

About time to put those Christmas light up too?

Good lord that's a lotta brass!

About time to put those Christmas light up too?

Good lord that's a lotta brass!
Thanks to @ageingstudent giving me like 500 once fired pieces of .38 brass, I've been sitting pretty with them all loaded up with Lee 105gr SWC's.. however, I'm still plinking with an ancient "lot" of mixed brass .38 (about 150 of them) that has/have like fifty loads through them. Case necks are a crackin!

I had a perplexing situation in the reloading room today, I was trying a different method for 5.56 loading. Instead of powder dropping on the Turret press & kickin out a lot of rounds (very unreliable with extruded powder like IMR3031) I was weighing each charge then putting the cases in a tray with plans to finish on the turret later this evening after dinner.
Everything was going fine then on case #42 I was filling powder in a case and it spilled over.... I was in a good rhythm and this really startled me that I might have poured a double charge. I had been very careful of moving the funnel after each pour because of the new technique.
I poured the heaped powder out of the case and to my surprise a decapping pin fell out with along with a lot of corncob media!!! WTF???
I had to cut the case to get the keeper out!!!

I remember years ago when I had a problem while resizing cases and lost it in a big batch & never found it!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

914EF067-96A2-4AC5-8EBA-900E1AC313D6.jpeg

After I got all the cases filled I was going to finish up and I bumped the tray and a bunch of powder shook out of the cases... I weighed the powder rods that spilled out & it was just over 10g's.... All that work for nothing!!!!:mad:

D59BCA6B-D94E-4CAB-AD79-37B3E298E258.jpeg

Sounds like it was a challenging day in the shop -
And it didn't cost you a lot, and you're not pulling a lot of bullets apart.

They'll get there -
Maybe do 100 in 10 unit lots - ? -

I had a perplexing situation in the reloading room today, I was trying a different method for 5.56 loading. Instead of powder dropping on the Turret press & kickin out a lot of rounds (very unreliable with extruded powder like IMR3031) I was weighing each charge then putting the cases in a tray with plans to finish on the turret later this evening after dinner.
Everything was going fine then on case #42 I was filling powder in a case and it spilled over.... I was in a good rhythm and this really startled me that I might have poured a double charge. I had been very careful of moving the funnel after each pour because of the new technique.
I poured the heaped powder out of the case and to my surprise a decapping pin fell out with along with a lot of corncob media!!! WTF???
I had to cut the case to get the keeper out!!!

I remember years ago when I had a problem while resizing cases and lost it in a big batch & never found it!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

View attachment 636123

After I got all the cases filled I was going to finish up and I bumped the tray and a bunch of powder shook out of the cases... I weighed the powder rods that spilled out & it was just over 10g's.... All that work for nothing!!!!:mad:

View attachment 636132
10 grains on the bench but you just know twenty cases spilled 10 grains each into adjacent cases.
Maybe.:eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top