JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you need a care package tac???
I use Jasmine rice for a good scrubbing then into the corncob media w/wax for a good shine.;)

V. kind of you to offer, sir, and your sentiments are much appreciatelled. Sadishly, the cost of shipping over a seven-pound bag of the stuff could be into three figures, but I know you meant well!! :)

SWMBO asks what jasmine rice might be.

V. kind of you to offer, sir, and your sentiments are much appreciatelled. Sadishly, the cost of shipping over a seven-pound bag of the stuff could be into three figures, but I know you meant well!! :)

SWMBO asks what jasmine rice might be.

It's a lot like white rice but I was told they have larger grains so they don't stick into the flash hole like regular long grain white rice, plus they smell nice...:D

I did 500 45acp, 250 38spl, just set up for 9mm.
I got one of those test pack from badman bullets. But honestly he isn't any cheaper than Berry's bullets at cabelas. So I will probably not use them again unless they go on sale which I'd guess they dont.

20191110_110610.jpg

It's a lot like white rice but I was told they have larger grains so they don't stick into the flash hole like regular long grain white rice, plus they smell nice...:D

Jasmine is white rice. I might suggest Arborio rice.:)

More than you probably wanted to know.
Types of Rice
Arborio
345324.jpg
Arborio rice is a medium grain rice that is wider in size and has a characteristic white dot at the center of the grain. It is named after the town of Arborio in the Po Valley of Italy, where it is grown. Due to the high starch content of Arborio rice, it has a slightly chewy and sticky consistency and develops a creamy texture when cooked.

Length: Medium grain
Flavor Profile: Creamy
Ideal For: Risotto, rice pudding, soup

For the record. When we eat rice it's Jasmine.

:D

Jasmine is white rice. I might suggest Arborio rice.:)

More than you probably wanted to know.
Types of Rice
Arborio
View attachment 631987
Arborio rice is a medium grain rice that is wider in size and has a characteristic white dot at the center of the grain. It is named after the town of Arborio in the Po Valley of Italy, where it is grown. Due to the high starch content of Arborio rice, it has a slightly chewy and sticky consistency and develops a creamy texture when cooked.

Length: Medium grain
Flavor Profile: Creamy
Ideal For: Risotto, rice pudding, soup

For the record. When we eat rice it's Jasmine.

:D

EWWWWW, creamy rice.... :s0170:
Just EWWWWW:s0001::s0037:

EWWWWW, creamy rice.... :s0170:
Just EWWWWW:s0001::s0037:

Just don't cook it to the creamy point before you tumble your brass in it. :s0114:

I'm not a rice person in general. Unless it's all dressed up with something that has flavor. Rice-A-Roni, Mahatma/Vigo Yellow Rice. Or leftover, plain white rice with leftover pork and veggies with soy sauce. Wifey digs plain white rice with butter, salt and pepper. Ick.

Not physically re-loading but went through some converted 300BLK cases that I had prepped last year. I had provided a member with a link about converting.223/5.56 into 300BLK and what HS that are not suited for this task (necks too thick).
One of the FC head stamps that has been labeled a no go found its way into my 250+ pile of conversions... I found 4 already primed and ready to load....
The cases on the right are G2Go, the left are not.
See the note below.

0683D25C-09AC-4E40-9A1F-4D01B21A55FC.jpeg

B9F7A331-2C96-4295-862E-5013822A5C92.jpeg
Let's be careful out there.;)

very similar to any mid-sized straight wall pistol case!!!
If you can load 41/44/45 or 38/357 there's minimal difference IMHO.

I've discovered I'm more accurate at the range with 155g slugs in the 1100-1250 fps range. YMMV.
Yeabut just remember you're dealing with a miniature atom bomb!

woulda inserted that jello graph but too lazy

Had some time before the wife, daughter & granddaughter returned from shopping so I loaded up 50 5.56 rounds using my new to me RCBS scale (thanks Jim). The Lee powder drop was throwing inconsistently so I weighed every load which took a while.

D103E7E2-CE30-4977-9073-8314C7E887A9.jpeg

5B26D614-D104-4E84-AF99-FAE0A415E5A8.jpeg

I ran a handful of M885 copies through my Dillon. New bullets and powder so I want to run a few across the chrono and through a couple of our ARs to test function. If they work out tomorrow I have 3000 primed cases ready to go, so guess what I'll be doing the rest of the weekend? LOL

I used my Frankford Arsenal "Platinum" case prep center to trim a batch of Federal Gold Metal .308 cases. These have only been fired once but most were too long. Afterwards they were checked on a Wilson case gauge and a micrometer. I have already buggered up the original cutter head. I see that Midway base a RCBS cutter that I can replace the original with. I plan on trimming all my .308 then moving on to the next batch of .556 brass.

Having the case prep center has really been great for hand arthritis.
I always suggest the frankford arsenal case prep center. It sure has helped with my brass prep as well. One of the best tools I've bought in a long time...

Finished off my bulk box of 3K today... I had 400 of these Hornady 115g HAP remaining.

After shooting a few bulk boxes of these & the Speer 115g round nose bullets I think they're about dead even as far as performance.
MagPumps like the round nose bullets better, but the Maglula doesn't care either way ;)

1573952347173.png

Didn't reload any, but I got my 44 mag die set it the mail.picked up a box of 180gr & 240 gr xtps. Excited to load them up and see what they'll do on some left over pumpkins and water jugs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top