JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got lazy.

And, I bought a case of WOLF 9mm 115 FMJ. I haven't done the math. But, it's probably right about that price ($0.15 a round) to reload.

Aloha, Mark

loaded up some 44 mag

IMG_20191020_125343997.jpg

I got lazy.

And, I bought a case of WOLF 9mm 115 FMJ. I haven't done the math. But, it's probably right about that price ($0.15 a round) to reload.

Aloha, Mark

I really don't blame you, as cheap as 9mm is right now. For common blasting ammo, it's really hard to justify loading it.

I still do though, but I did break down and buy some bullets, instead of casting them. I found a couple thousand 115gr FMJ (actual jacketed not plated) for 6c/round shipped.

My plinking load, 250 9mm's.. Lee 140 gr SWC (mine are 143 gr), Tula rifle primers and Red Dot for probably 3 cents ea.. +p+ Underwood Outdoorsman loads are a bit more expensive than that.

3k of 9mm - Dillon 1050 with AmmoBot drive. About 4hrs total. About $0.15 each since these are jacketed Hornady 115 projectiles. Using plated, it gets down to $0.13 each. Still looking for that $0.12 load, need projectiles $0.07 each for that.

I did have the brass pre-prepped, deprimed, resized, undersized to start with but I ran that beforehand much much faster setting. loading took about 3hrs. Brass Prep was right about an hour. Love the AmmoBot drive!

3k of 9mm - Dillon 1050 with AmmoBot drive. About 4hrs total. About $0.15 each since these are jacketed Hornady 115 projectiles. Using plated, it gets down to $0.13 each. Still looking for that $0.12 load, need projectiles $0.07 each for that.

I did have the brass pre-prepped, deprimed, resized, undersized to start with but I ran that beforehand much much faster setting. loading took about 3hrs. Brass Prep was right about an hour. Love the AmmoBot drive!

You can get the bullet cost that low if you buy coated - even a single case quantity from Acme or the Blue Bullets will get you below 7 cents/per.

the last couple weeks or so I've nailed down a load for some 77gr nosler custom comp hpbts and TAC. Out of a 20" barrel, I got about 2800fps at 80*/4500ft, and about 2750 at 50*/1500ft. Should stay transonic until about 800-850 yards. Picked up some with a cannelure to copy some mk262 loads, but will work those up for accuracy out of a 16" barrel, with a bit more crimp for bulk storage in a can.

Also dialed in some 150gr 30 cal soft points in 308 and 300blk to pop some leftover gourds this fall.

You can get the bullet cost that low if you buy coated - even a single case quantity from Acme or the Blue Bullets will get you below 7 cents/per.

I have looked at the Blue Bullets and a few other coated lead cast. For now I am going to keep with the jacketed or plated for a few cents more. Looking at RMR 124's in quantity one can get the jackets ones under 8 cents delivered.

Well, I went back for seconds on pizza, so 'a plate'? :cool::rolleyes:

A press and dies are on the list, since I have a layout for three-gun (my PSA/Anderson AR, sig P250 and Rem 1300) and a chest harness for mags. I won't set record times, because I have a bad back, but I am still interested.

That's cheating...:p:p:p j/k
I can dream of getting a setup like that.:)

I found some Xtreme 9mm 124gr that I had been neglecting, but I need to buy more primers before I have a go. Got lot's of powder, just haven't been doing much plinking, more match shooting and I always use factory in a match... learned the hard way.

Yesterday the wife of my deceased best shooting buddy talked me into perusing his shop for reloading components that she said she wanted me to take off her hands. I didn't want to, but she said he would want me to have them. Yup, I'll think of him when I reload using those, and when I shoot them also.

I scored .38 and .357 brass, and a full box (500) of Lasercast 135gr rn, a half box (250) of Xtreme 230gr .45 RN plated, a large coffee can of .45acp brass, loaded .38 and .357 including XTP rounds, loaded .45acp.

Since I passed down my Para P14.45 to the SIL, I'm gonna have to borrow a 1911 to shoot all those .45 loads.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top