JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just reloaded 100 rounds of 10mm. Found some 10mm brass at the range yesterday also

Nice! I am setting up to start to load 10mm right now myself. I just went through my "randoms" bucket from range pickups of rounds I don't currently load for. I found about 40 pieces of 10mm mixed in there.

1K .308, Starline cases, CCI primers, Varget powder, 168 Gr. Nosler BTHP Match. Next will the .45s, which I am really behind on. Need a few K of plinking rounds and I really need to make up another 4K of defense rounds, to put in storage. I thought that I would gain a bit of time by going to a Dillon XL650 press, from the Rockchucker but no, for some reason I'm always behind. Go figure.

Goldfish effect. (the bigger the tank the bigger the goldfish) The more ammo we can load the more ammo we shoot! I am just as guilty! (with a pair of Dillon 1050's... I just ordered automation for them too...)

Just trimming .223/5.56 brass. We chuck rocks.... RCBS. Will finish prepping brass for transport to the other reloading room. We need 10mm brass! Any deals out there?

I could not find any great deals when I bought the 10mm. The best I could find for Starline was Powder Valley at .16 per round with a quantity of 2k.

Just reloaded 100 rounds of 10mm. Found some 10mm brass at the range yesterday also

Always nice when the range provides.

874 .30-06 rounds for the clan's Garand and Springfield rifles. I'm actually bummed … I was planning on doing 1500, but didn't have as much prepped brass as I thought. I'll be messing with case prep tomorrow to get them done while the press is set up for this load.

20190910_181024.jpg

I use a double alpha brass marker. They just drop into a funnel out of the Dillon and orient themself (about 95% end up the right way through the first time) and a motor rolls them under a marker (or two) and spits them out into a bin.

It's not incredibly cheap but I had 1 out of the 1500 that I case gauged failed (and that was a sideways primer) and before I separated by headstamp (and marking to keep separate) I had a nearly 10% failure rate but hand marking them was just too time consuming.

For the last 2 days I've been loading up Cowboy ammo. BTW, I only needed 200 rounds.

Usually, there is nothing to it. But this time, I managed to break the shell plate (actually chipped it) on my Lee M100 progressive machine. Because of the chip, the brass couldn't be adequately stabilized for reloading. Yup, the shell plate is a cast part that was machined to fit a selected cartridge caliber.

Anyway, new parts are already on order.

But then, in order to finish the last 100 rounds..... Well, I had to resort to the old single stage press. Not a big problem, as I already had the extra die set adjusted for the Rock Chucker. The only thing that was even slightly a problem was the time it took going old school.

Aloha, Mark

I use a double alpha brass marker. They just drop into a funnel out of the Dillon and orient themself (about 95% end up the right way through the first time) and a motor rolls them under a marker (or two) and spits them out into a bin.

It's not incredibly cheap but I had 1 out of the 1500 that I case gauged failed (and that was a sideways primer) and before I separated by headstamp (and marking to keep separate) I had a nearly 10% failure rate but hand marking them was just too time consuming.

I like the look of that machine … I'm thinking that Christmas is not too far off!

I need to get an annealing machine. Anyone else have one? how do they like it?
Stomper posted in this thread (message #339) about his new Annealeze machine … he seems to like it! I've been eyeing that very same machine myself. A used one came up here at NWFA a few months ago, but I missed it by about 5 minutes.

So... anybody else there have any input on annealing machines? A few of us would like to hear what you think.

Did some tumbling today as I sit waiting for .45 Colt bullets. Oh I found 253 pieces of vintage L.C. match 1964 through 1989 in my .308 bucket. I don't remember where that came from. Kind of a cool find.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads