JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude...... I have not seen an automag for YEARS!!! That is awesome!
Though I'm not familiar with the cartridge, I can see why you'd want to load for it! :D

Thank you. You should see the look on people's faces when they see it actually being fired. :D

There are no 357AMP shells or loads offered on the market. You have to make them. The 357AMP is a necked down 44AMP. Then I am loading it with a 158gr 38/357 bullet. I am just starting to load for it so I am loading them light, with just 19gr. of H110. Testing was documented using a nice little load of 20gr H110 and they were averaging CUP pressures of 46,500. :s0001:

I also got a chrono for Christmas and am hoping to do some speed tests soon. :s0155:

.45 ACP with Lee 200gr SWC tumble lubed bullets cast with straight wheel weights. I was given a half can of IMR-PB I wanted to use up. In the past 5.5 grs gave me just over 800fps out of my Commander which is what I loaded today. It was a gentle and accurate load in the past … I hope this batch is the same as it will be shot by my slight 13 yr-old daughter.

So where do you get the 44amp?

I initially ordered the 44AMP ammo from LoadX. I kept the brass after shooting it. Also gathered brass from shows, online, etc. Just getting into loading and figured I'd give loading the 357AMP a shot first. Figured if I could make me some 357AMP rounds, I could load for anything.

The only place that I know of that sells new 44AMP brass is Starline.

I initially ordered the 44AMP ammo from LoadX. I kept the brass after shooting it. Also gathered brass from shows, online, etc. Just getting into loading and figured I'd give loading the 357AMP a shot first. Figured if I could make me some 357AMP rounds, I could load for anything.

The only place that I know of that sells new 44AMP brass is Starline.
You can make the brass from .308 or 30-06 cases here's a link: .44 Auto Mag. Cartridges

I can't reload 9mm to save my damn life ... 357 and 38sp all day long but 9mm is just a struggle

Fat fingers? Old fingers? Fat, and old fingers? I'm there with you. Don't have fat fingers, but they're old and long. When I'm loading 9mm I figure the exercise is good, helping keep arthritis at bay.

Last Edited:
I typically use N320 or N340 for 9mm but I recently inherited 2lbs of Power Pistol that I thought I'd try. Any experiance with it?
Power Pistol is my favorite powder for 9mm, though I am planning on switching to BE-86 eventually for the reduced muzzle flash.

Power Pistol is interesting, as it can go all the way from mild to wild, but it has a horrendous muzzle flash when loaded on the higher end. We're talking a bright white jet flame for a muzzle flash that is visible in daylight on an overcast day!

I use it for my light target loads, which are a 124gr JHP at around 1,050 fps. The muzzle report isn't bad at all when kept on the mild side, and muzzle flash is almost non-existent. I haven't shot it in the dark yet to confirm, though.

It's not the most economical powder when compared to Bullseye or Titegroup, but I Iike the larger load window that Power Pistol provides.

Fat fingers? Old fingers? Fat, and old fingers? I there with you. Don't have fat fingers, but they're old and long. When I'm loading 9mm I figure the exercise is good, helping keep arthritis at bay.
No old or fat ... I just can't do it .. I'll load squib after squib crooked bullets ... Mangled cases ...

No old or fat ... I just can't do it .. I'll load squib after squib crooked bullets ... Mangled cases ...

You mean you don't get powder in the cases, and don't flare the cases before seating? Perhaps your using .380 dies by mistake? ;)

I forgot to add that when I do get good shootable rounds I get alot jams and hang ups ... And I'm,using 9mm dies ... I'll just stick to factory 9mm for now .. Maby when I get my dillon 650 ill try my hand at 9mm again .. But for now I'll Just stick with 30-30,308,30-06,357 and 38sp

I can understand this. I don't enjoy loading 9mm either. Won't bother with 380. When I do load 9mm, I have to go really slow with my 550.

I just finished loading some .44 Mag with 240 grain LSWC. Doing some 5.56 case prep today.

For handgun rounds, I just use Unique powder. It's neither the best or worse powder but works well enough across the spectrum.

I have loaded for many cartridges over the years but last night was my first go at 9mm. Other than being a bit harder to handle due to smaller size, it went without a hitch. I loaded a ladder of three different charges of BE-86 with two different 124 gr projos for a total of 60 rds. Plan on shooting them this coming weekend.

Finished five rows of ten, 5 different loads for a new (very old) Model 70 in .243. Haven't fired it yet. It sat in a gun vault for a couple decades after the original owner passed. Her son finally decided to part with it. Still have 500 .223 brass on the bench being primed. Sometimes I hate re-loading. It burns off so fast! Arrrrgh.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top