JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1200 9mm decapped, cleaned, and polished. Last 400 are in the tumbler. Biggest run I've ever done at once. @Caveman Jim I don't know how you do all that brass!

This will be a 1600 round run. Goal this weekend is brass prep.

View attachment 1830176
It just takes a little more time, last week I tumble cleaned 6,000 9mm. It pays to have commercial tumblers set on a timer. ;)

Santa!!!!!! Now, I know where to find you in the off season...

I have been a good boy so far this year and thank you for the .223 cases you sent me even though I am still confused why I had to send you a check first?????

This year I would like:

- a vintage DAA v1.0 Powder monitor
- some .264 Nosler 140 gr Acubond bullets
- some Hornady 6.5 ELD-x 140 gr bullets
- ...placeholder for later in the year...
First deal is always pre paid before shipping, I didn't know you.
Have you ever heard of this phrase? First time shame on you, second time shame on me. I've always live by this rule and don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

As for the Santa deal, I play Santa to my grandkids and no one else.
Now ifn yer looking for a bad Santa, I'm your huckleberry. ;)

Loaded 150 or so .38-40 cartridges for my Winchester 1892 SRC. Although all turned out nicely, my RCBS dies will not roll crimp! I've been using the Lee FCD with success, but a nice roll crimp would be the cherry on top. I've got a Lyman seater die on the way, maybe that will work better. I have loaded hundreds of .44-40's using the RCBS dies w/no problems.

9mm is a bit tedious to reload…. But for me, .380 is even worse, the shorter cases make it more of a challenge, always manage to pinch my fingers in the process (still using a single stage after about 40 years).
I got rid of 380. I don't go smaller than 9 anymore. I have smaller hands and I still get pinched or fumble cases with 380. Funny, because 380 is just barely smaller but apparently it's just enough to be an issue. Thank god I don't do 25 auto.

1st reloaded round on my new Lyman press.

IMG_8704.png

Ya gotta love freight companies. My powder and primers order that was to arrive yesterday, did. Only it arrived in Olive Branch Mississippi. I guess the truck took a wrong turn in Albuquerque . Or maybe it's going from South Dakota to Oregon via Omaha.

Last Edited:
Ya gotta love freight companies. My powder and primers order that was to arrive yesterday, did. Only it arrived in Olive Branch Mississippi. I guess the truck took a wrong turn in Albuquerque . Or maybe it'd going from South Dakota to Oregon via Omaha.
Nice place to detour to, it's a nice little town, been there to visit family years ago. :D

Last Edited:
Another 1000 M67 brass cases (Berdan primed) with PPU bullets from Graf. OACL varied a bit but all shootable and hard hitting! Great for shooting with the family.

Last Edited:
I used to not like the decapping but I do it on my progressive now and it goes really fast. I just put a universal decaper in and no other dies, the only thing you have to be careful of Is keeping your damn fingers out of the way.😋
^^^This^^^ when I get a case feeder for the ammo plant, I will start with pistol then may transfer over to 223/556.

Setup a lee bullet feeder on the Dillon 650. I used one previously in 40sw, and liked it enough that I picked up one in 9mm. Very little tweaking needed, unlike my previous bad experiences with the RCBS bullet feed die.

I wanted to use up some cheap Argentine primers and had some pulled 115grn projos for a cheap combo.

The projos were at least 4 different mixed brands or manufacturers as some had different characteristics. Many had a weird compound on the bottom of the projo and a red painted tip, but did not light up when fired so could have been dud tracers? Odd stuff.

I usually go mild with my loads but I decided to load up ~100 at max charge 4.7grn WIN 244 and ~200 at 4.6grn. I just realized I wrote 3.7 and not 4.7 on the card in the photos!

I had zero issues in the Beretta M9, but the Glock had some light primer strikes as expected with the Argentine primers.

Accuracy was really good, no complaints and I may load up another 1k at 3.7grn considering the results.

The target was at 20 feet away not supported when firing. Top group 3.7grn and bottom group 3.6grn. Zero pressure signs.

Screenshot_20240227_161920_Gallery.jpg 20240227_101515.jpg 20240226_133204.jpg 20240227_104549.jpg 20240227_101548.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads