JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Lee FCD's taper crimp at first then you can adjust deeper for a roll crimp. Also they give a final full length sizing. Either the FCD or collet dies will crimp without a cantilever. Both work and for 30 Carbine and 45-70 I use collet crimpers For straight wall pistol I use FCD's either set for taper or roll per the needs of the cartridge.

Last Edited:
The Lee FCD's taper crimp at first then you can adjust deeper for a roll crimp.
@Caveman Jim

OKAY! Now I see what your talking about. I had to locate that .45 colt Factory crimp die that came with my set and then take it apart. Where I saw what you speak of. But my preference is still going to be for the collet crimp die because it lessens the need for mixed/used brass to be so close to the same length. The Lee FCD still leaves it more likely, to fold brass when you want a firm crimp and have brass that varies much in length, than using the collet crimp die. As it is the same principal as a seater/crimp die, minus a seater stem. I guess I could ask why the FCD when You could just seat bullets in 50 rounds and then remove the seater stem, adjust die down, and treat it as a crimp die only? But I won't

Thank You!

Computers and caveman do not sync…. :s0044:
No computers....hmmmmm...I'm getting a distinct vibe here...an action packed, hands-on type of guy...

beanycopter.jpg

Yesterday I loaded up 50 rounds of 10mm for the new Glock 20 that is awaiting the initial range trip, 40 rounds of 55 gr FMJBT .223 Rem, and topped off the day with 100 rounds of 9mm 124 gr Speer Gold Dot with Power Pistol. Tomorrow will try to get to some .308 Win, some .357 Mag and eventually some .45 ACP small primer cases because I hate switching the Dillon over to large primers...

Yesterday was a good day. I tripped across a guy who had stopped reloading for a few calibers and had some free powder to give away. Came home with some Accurate 2200 and 2230, Enforcer, Alliant 7 and 10x. Looks like I can use most of it but will likely pay it forward with a couple of bottles for stuff I can't use to my local reloading club members.

Santa!!!!!! Now, I know where to find you in the off season...

I have been a good boy so far this year and thank you for the .223 cases you sent me even though I am still confused why I had to send you a check first?????

This year I would like:

- a vintage DAA v1.0 Powder monitor
- some .264 Nosler 140 gr Acubond bullets
- some Hornady 6.5 ELD-x 140 gr bullets
- ...placeholder for later in the year...

Santa!!!!!! Now, I know where to find you in the off season...

I have been a good boy so far this year and thank you for the .223 cases you sent me even though I am still confused why I had to send you a check first?????

This year I would like:

- a vintage DAA v1.0 Powder monitor
- some .264 Nosler 140 gr Acubond bullets
- some Hornady 6.5 ELD-x 140 gr bullets
He knows if you've been good or bad so watch it mister o_O ...😆

Yesterday was a good day. I tripped across a guy who had stopped reloading for a few calibers and had some free powder to give away. Came home with some Accurate 2200 and 2230, Enforcer, Alliant 7 and 10x. Looks like I can use most of it but will likely pay it forward with a couple of bottles for stuff I can't use to my local reloading club members.
All listed can be used in .223/5.56 except Enforcer. Enforcer should be good in .357 and .44 mag. Reloder 7, 10x and 2200 are a little on the fast side for .223/5.56 but work well with bullets 55 gr and under. Probably better in bolt guns than AR's. 2230 is a fine all around powder for .223 with most bullet weights. (Almost as good as TAC ;) )

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top