JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
320 rounds prepped polished and deprimed/reprimed of 9mm plan on putting in the powder and bullet in the morrow'

Yeah I know, not great but seeing I spent half the day shooting some of it...

45rds of 762x51 match loads with 147fmj using LC match brass and win bullets that weighed 147.0 +/- .2gns. Using IMR4895, 42.5gns. This will be the fourth and final loading with this brass.
How does the 147 FMJ bullets shoot for you? I have tried these bullets years ago never got very good results. Fine for minute of beer can but
differently no sub MOA groups.

Loading some 30/06 for M1 Garand matches. Light load for a soft recoil and less wear on the shooter and the rifle.
500 rounds loaded up on Lake City 1969 brass and Speer 125 grain TNT bullets. Weighing each powder charge with my
RCBS Chargemaster. Since IMR-4064 meters so poorly. Maybe not necessary for a position shooting a M1?
But maybe it gives me a physiological advantage??? Going to try some HXP brass next heard it works well and I have a lot of it.
1575377529934.png

Loading some 30/06 for M1 Garand matches. Light load for a soft recoil and less wear on the shooter and the rifle.
500 rounds loaded up on Lake City 1969 brass and Speer 125 grain TNT bullets. Weighing each powder charge with my
RCBS Chargemaster. Since IMR-4064 meters so poorly. Maybe not necessary for a position shooting a M1?
But maybe it gives me a physiological advantage??? Going to try some HXP brass next heard it works well and I have a lot of it.
View attachment 637530
Is that like a 550 Ron? Do you do those one at a time kind of like a turret or load them progressively?

Yes that is my 550. I take the powder thrower off and I weigh each charge. It is not that slow as soon as I dump the charge in the case and put the brass cup back on the chargemaster it automatically starts kicking out the next charge. this all happens while I'm seating the bullet and setting the next case on station one.

I broke two 100rd plastic reload cases of .45ACP getting them out of the safe in the shop and dumped the rounds all over. Dang, when plastic and fingers get cold...

All I did today was step one, you know, step one. Go to the range and empty a bunch of cases by running them through the correct "test fixtures". Today I shot a bunch of that assorted ammo that collects in half or less full boxes in the bottom of the ammo cans. Calibers of the day were 10mm, 40 short and weak, 45 acp and 38 super duper.

did some load development over the weekend with 223 frangibles. 50gr brown tips, 55gr hollow points (barns multi-purpose green as far as I can tell) and some 55gr sinterfires. Got all of them to about 2500fps out of a 16", which still cycles and locks back on my lightest gassed AR. Pretty cheap close range steel plinkers using surplus wc-844, and pulled bullets from various reloading websites.

sure is fun to run up and down a dueling tree at 15 yards with (nearly) full power rounds.

How does the 147 FMJ bullets shoot for you? I have tried these bullets years ago never got very good results. Fine for minute of beer can but
differently no sub MOA groups.
For a cheap match load, they work very well provided you weigh each and every one to .2 of a grain. I get 1/2 to 3/4" groups at 100yds with my NM M1A. If you don't weigh them out, groups range from 1.5 to 3". The bullets run from 45.5 to 48gns. I have three bins: + , - , 147.0 +/- .2gn . The over weight and under weight are for blasting with my scout model.

Last night and this afternoon loaded 250 rounds 10mm Auto single stage. My brass was ready including primer, all I was doing was charging and seating.

I poured the heaped powder out of the case and to my surprise a decapping pin fell out with along with a lot of corncob media!!!

Speaking of decapping pins. Several months ago, I had a situation while decapping .223's. After decapping, I couldn't get the case out of the shell holder. Took me a little while to figure it out. I'd tumbled these cases in corn cob media. In some, a grit of media would get stuck in the flash hole. When the decapping pin came down, it would squash the grit of media into the dead primer, push it out, then partially retract same back into the primer pocket. Which would prevent it from sliding it out of the holder. It dawned on me that not long before, I'd replaced a broken decapping pin (broken on an off-set flash hole). So I sharpened the tip of the decapping pin and this kept it from wedging into the dead primer.

Yes that is my 550. I take the powder thrower off and I weigh each charge.

I've had to do a variation of this when loading .308's on my 550. IMR 4895 wouldn't reliably dispense from the Dillon powder drop. So I left the powder drop on, but removed the brass button in the charge station from the shell plate so I could pull each charged case out and weigh the charge by hand. I weighed them on a small digital "dope scale" that I use, and adjust accordingly. I have a teaspoon for a trickler. My take was this was a partial defeat for progressive loading of these rifle cartridges but it was necessary. I haven't gotten into it yet, but since, I've bought an 8 # jug of BL-C(2) and I'll see how it goes through the Dillon powder drop.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top