JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, that's what I was seeing.

Yes exactly! A totally dark room except for one exceedingly bright spotlight shining down in front of a hunched-over figure.

There is no Sound.

Except for a tiny "Click" followed by a "DAMMIT!" when the One-Quarter piece of stick propellant flies off Somewhere Into The Darkness.

:)

Yes exactly! A totally dark room except for one exceedingly bright spotlight shining down in front of a hunched-over figure.

There is no Sound.

Except for a tiny "Click" followed by a "DAMMIT!" when the One-Quarter piece of stick propellant flies off Somewhere Into The Darkness.

:)
Hey I think that actually might be as good as Steinbeck. But that's just me. :)

OK guys, When using the 1000th scale, I don't cut the powder. On this
Rifle I never go under the mark, in this case it's 29.5 Gr. of Vit. 135.
It's not a ball powder but small grained. I give myself 0.004 above the mark.
when the grains are that small it does not take long to get within the range set. I understand some of the long range shooters do cut grains but they are using a larger pencil lead sized powder. With my stuff it's not rocket science. I just have more stuff to work with after 60 odd years of collecting.
As a bench shooter I am always looking for 5 Rounds, one hole no bigger than the bullet.

when the grains are that small it does not take long to get within the range set. I understand some of the long range shooters do cut grains but they are using a larger pencil lead sized powder. With my stuff it's not rocket science. I just have more stuff to work with after 60 odd years of collecting.
As a bench shooter I am always looking for 5 Rounds, one hole no bigger than the bullet.
OK, but just for clarification you are loading by Volume and Not Weight?

Are you the guy that uses a grams scale instead of grains?

No loading for me today, in fact I think I'll do some unloading. I've got more Lehigh Extreme Defense samples coming for 9mm, 40 S&W and 45acp so will be testing those in a couple of weeks. I've still got the 357 Sig to work on as well. After this next couple of gun shows I plan on doing a major resupply of componates so will be nose to the grindstone for awhile.

Are you the guy that uses a grams scale instead of grains?
No, I use grains, I have two scales one in hundredths that is faster. But for bench I use the more accurate thousands scale. It takes longer but I don't have to worry about it being on the money. The return to zero takes longer
on the big scale while the other one has a magnetic return to zero.
It does not bounce. The difference is the price 2000 vs 4000

Don't breathe around a scale that sensitive, or have a fan on, or a window open. I'd be chasing it all day with any outside influence on the tray causing false readings.

Don't breathe around a scale that sensitive, or have a fan on, or a window open. I'd be chasing it all day with any outside influence on the tray causing false readings.
You are absolutely right ! If I am running the air conditioner, I have a box type deal that I surround the scales with.

I prefer TiteGroup for all my 38/357 loads but they are not near Max like you're looking for so you could give it a try to find that perfect load.

I've loaded thousands of Berry's 158grn and 125grn 357mag/38spl using WIN244 and I haven't had a reason to stop. It's been accurate and cheap.
I load both Titegroup and Win 244 in my 357/38 loads for the same reasons Caveman and Newberg mentioned. Great for paper punching.

Last Edited:
Thanks to another member who graciously gave me over 500, 357 cases, I spent the last could of days wet-tumbling and drying those 500 cases, plus about 250 of my own cases. So, I've got about 750, 357 cases ready to load.

IMG_2757 Large.jpeg

Holy crap - that's a lot of 357 AND almost all of those - very, very nice - cases were acquired for free.

But they'll have to wait awhile, as is also the case for my huge 9mm and 40 S&W reloading projects which I've put on hold.

Because - we're putting a new roof on the house, new siding and new gutters. I eeeekkkked the roofing, siding and gutters out for 29 years, (about 10 years beyond their normal life expectancy) and it was time to swap them out. So, just hanging around, being available to the contractors and trying to keep the dogs from freaking-out constantly from all the people and banging and etc.

Looking forward to the remodling project being over and spending some quiet, Zen-time at my reloading bench.

Cheers.

Getting ready for the next run of 200 gr 10MM's found 2 # of AA-9 today now just waiting on bullets to arrive from Bengel Bullets. going to test them against my longshot loads.

150 rds of .357mag. Used the last of the 158gr powder coated rnfp bullets I cast last winter. Down to the last 1lb of 700x in the keg I bought when I started reloading in the 90s. Seriously starting to scrape the bottom of my component supply.

No reloading for me today. The "portable" wood base under my Rockchucker cracked while sizing 264 win mag brass. So, I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and order an Inline Fabrication flush mount quick change base and spacer plate system.

While I'm at it I think I will add some 2'x8" planks under the bench top as additional support to bolt through.

Upcoming Events

Central Oregon Sportsmen's show
Redmond, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Rickreall Gun Show
Rickreall, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top