JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My next batch of 7mm magnum target loads is done. Been putting it off for a while, finally got them made. 68.2 grains of H1000 pushing a 162 grain bullet right at 3k ft/sec, rifle likes them jut fine. On the 6th loading for this brass and used up another half pound of precious H1000.

A few days ago I surpassed my goal of loading 500 rounds of 62g FMJ's for a training exercise on the 15th.

I also finished loading another hundred rounds for my long distance AR upper, 69g BTHP Sierra-match bullets.
No pics for that secret load. :s0114:

C58C5DB4-AACF-449A-B979-814D47B6E729.jpeg

Last night, I finally got the old Dillon up and running again. This time it will be set up for my son's reloading efforts (in .44 mag).

Yeah, Rrrrright......
Really. I don't own a .44 mag anymore. Maybe, I'll have to look for a new firearm?

1694457022848.png

My first time with reloading 44 mag. COAL = 1.585", 240 gn. Berry's bullets, Unique and large mag pistol primers.

1694457047202.png

Only 50 rounds, until I do a bit more testing with his new Rossi lever action rifle. Yes, it has already passed my "dry run functioning test".

WARNING : Please be EXTRA CAREFUL when testing. ONLY YOU are/can be responsible for your own SAFETY.

Last night, I finally got the old Dillon up and running again. This time it will be set up for my son's reloading efforts (in .44 mag).

Yeah, Rrrrright......
Really. I don't own a .44 mag anymore. Maybe, I'll have to look for a new firearm?

View attachment 1485785

My first time with reloading 44 mag. COAL = 1.585", 240 gn. Berry's bullets, Unique and large mag pistol primers.

View attachment 1485790

Only 50 rounds, until I do a bit more testing with his new Rossi lever action rifle. Yes, it has already passed my "dry run functioning test".

WARNING : Please be EXTRA CAREFUL when testing. ONLY YOU are/can be responsible for your own SAFETY.
He never found anyone to buy that Saturday I guess? What load did you use?

Components wise......my son has been collecting up a bunch of brass and bullets since the last time we went to the Centralia guns show. I contributed from my stash of primers and powder.

He was suppose to supply the labor. BUT.......

"Dad could you set up the press."

Next thing I knew, he was off doing his own thing and I was loading "test ammo."

Aloha, Mark

Read up on making some "Bootleg" lubrication for sizing brass made out of Lanolin oil and Isopropyl Alcohol. Went to my local Wal-Mart and was looking for the Lanolin oil in the vitamin and health section. I must have looked puzzled because a Wal-Mart worker asked if he could help me find something. I told him what I was looking for and he took me directly to.............................................................................................
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
***********************************************************************************************************

the "Nipple Cream."

I might have to add this to my:

top 10 reloading fails.jpg

Read up on making some "Bootleg" lubrication for sizing brass made out of Lanolin oil and Isopropyl Alcohol. Went to my local Wal-Mart and was looking for the Lanolin oil in the vitamin and health section. I must have looked puzzled because a Wal-Mart worker asked if he could help me find something. I told him what I was looking for and he took me directly to.............................................................................................
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
***********************************************************************************************************

the "Nipple Cream."

View attachment 1486823
You need to educate them Walmart associates it's an oil not a cream, they ain't the sharpest pencils in the drawer.

Mrs. Caveman loves Caveman's "smoother than a baby's butt" hands.

You need to educate them Walmart associates it's an oil not a cream, they ain't the sharpest pencils in the drawer.

Mrs. Caveman loves Caveman's "smoother than a baby's butt" hands.
I wasn't even wearing overalls, but all I can think of is that I must have reminded him of the "Cajun Guy" in the Water boy movie. Hence his thought of my need for the cream. :s0092:

I am afraid to go back and ask for the 90 proof IP Alcohol to see what "White Lightening" is recommended...

the "Nipple Cream."

View attachment 1486823
:s0140:

MY short experience with H-110 in .357mag was that I didn't like that much velocity. I don't have a crono but recoil and report was substantial! From my reading it seems that H-110 shouldn't be loaded down from good case fill.
The H110 produces a Magnum velocity. I like shooting Magnum loads sometimes. Big boom and flash with 125 JHP.
Less recoil than the 158 JHP.
I've loaded thousands of Berry's 158grn and 125grn 357mag/38spl using WIN244 and I haven't had a reason to stop. It's been accurate and cheap.

I never push for max velocity though.
I got some Berry's coming and will try them. My 357 Magnum loads I've been shooting were loaded over
10 years ago. Time to crank up some more. Wish I could find some Remington 125 Golden Sabers.
I load two different types of 357. A 158 SWC 'Target' load and a 125 JHP 'Magnum' load. Way back in 1978
I started loading the 357/38 I used 2400 for my Magnum loads. But in the last few years I have found H110
much cleaner burning than 2400. For a target load Unique or similar medium burning powder. In 357/44
basic principal is a small amount of fast burning powder for target loads and large amount of slow burning
powder for Magnum power, like H110, 2400, 296. My charge weight for H110 is the 'Starting Point' on the
reloading charts. This is not a Hot load it is a Magnum load. The 357 Magnum is roughly three times the
power of a 38 special. The 44 Magnum is twice the power of a 357 Magnum.
Thanks for the help.

Not a thing. I have a pile of .223/.556 range brass that I'm bringing back to life, and most days I crank out a few sized and primed cases for future use.

Just wondering, are you just punching paper or do you hunt with that rifle?
I use it for hunting just took her to the rage so #1 show her she could shoot it #2 to show he she could hit a target out to 200 yards this way she can take a elk but normally not a paper punching rifle . I am still shooting $30 a box factory Hornady from 20 years ago it has gone wayyyyyyyyyy up

Upcoming Events

ARPC Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Central Oregon Sportsmen's show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top