JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Noticed a partial box of very old stock .44, 240gr SWC that I picked up for cheap a few months ago. Loaded some specials for about $4.50 / box. Hard to load 9mm and 45 right now at prices I'm getting while adding to the precious metals (brass) collection.

Not what I loaded, but what I want to load up. I need to go and shoot my grandpa's 375 winchester. I have 70 pieces of brass ready and willing to be loaded. I just need to go and buy some powder. Still undecided on what I'm going to buy though. I'm wanting to buy the $25.00 powder instead of the $33.00/pound powder, but the more expensive powder gets more nods.
vPCM03N.jpg
It's a sweet little rifle, that I'm going to start loading for. I think I'll start with the $25.00/pound of powder first... Bought 250 bullets for it the other day, so I'm almost ready :D

Not what I loaded, but what I want to load up. I need to go and shoot my grandpa's 375 winchester. I have 70 pieces of brass ready and willing to be loaded. I just need to go and buy some powder. Still undecided on what I'm going to buy though. I'm wanting to buy the $25.00 powder instead of the $33.00/pound powder, but the more expensive powder gets more nods.
View attachment 627947
It's a sweet little rifle, that I'm going to start loading for. I think I'll start with the $25.00/pound of powder first... Bought 250 bullets for it the other day, so I'm almost ready :D
Screw nods, the powders I use have the most utility possible, meaning it/they can be used for a wide range of cartridges I load for.

Loaded 200 rounds of 223 for my M700 varmint rifle, and 100 rounds of coyote loads for the 6.5 Creedmoor. Heading back to MT next week for some late season shooting, a little fly fishing, and visiting old friends I grew up with. Likely get some wing shooting in as well.

I used my Frankford Arsenal "Platinum" case prep center to trim a batch of Federal Gold Metal .308 cases. These have only been fired once but most were too long. Afterwards they were checked on a Wilson case gauge and a micrometer. I have already buggered up the original cutter head. I see that Midway base a RCBS cutter that I can replace the original with. I plan on trimming all my .308 then moving on to the next batch of .556 brass.

Having the case prep center has really been great for hand arthritis.

6.5in the background and some plinking Spitzer 150gr .308 loads.

All shot sub MOA...

Of course.

Got to be there with @Baseacegoku sighting in his .300WM.

0ECC0E3A-A477-4362-A224-90B64D3B50FF.jpeg

My main 16" and 20" ARs both like the load developed for Nosler (no cann) and Sierra (w/ cann) 77gr OTM loads, and the load is the same for both bullets, I was hoping so, since they're pretty much the same thing. 24.4gr of TAC all around gets me sub MOA in both, with ~2770fps out of the 20" and about 2650fps from the 16". Both with a SD of about 10-15. Couldn't ask for more!

I have been hunkering down and loading some 9 mm. 147 FP Berry's 2K down and 2K to go.
Little cartridge is a pain to load.o_Oo_O
Speer has a good deal now on bullets. Midway has them on sale now and Speer has a 20% mail in rebate
up to $100. Minimum purchase is $100. Picked up 1K 30 cal 125 grain TNT and some 30 cal 168 match.:D
Time to load some 30/06 and 308.;)

Did 400 rounds of 40 S&W and the Dillon 550 Igave me trouble with the primer feed. I can go years problem free then every one in a while boom trouble. I bought the dillon in 1991 and lots of friends have used it then bought their own.

Working on loading some .38-40 (.38 WCF). Brass is ready. I think this time around I'll load them all with jacketed bullets since I'm shooting them in a modern Ruger. I have a cannelure rolling tool, can use ordinary .40 jacketed bullets.

My last test batch of jacketed .38-40 was loaded with 2400 powder. I found the ignition to be erratic. This time, I'll probably use VV 3N37.

Working on loading some .38-40 (.38 WCF). Brass is ready. I think this time around I'll load them all with jacketed bullets since I'm shooting them in a modern Ruger. I have a cannelure rolling tool, can use ordinary .40 jacketed bullets.

My last test batch of jacketed .38-40 was loaded with 2400 powder. I found the ignition to be erratic. This time, I'll probably use VV 3N37.
Does a loading manual have data using 2400 in a .38-40? or are you loading it to .357 magnum levels?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top