JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm trying for the Holy Grail … a mild 3-400 yard, operating rod friendly load that will shoot well across three M1's and an '03-A3. So I'm digging out the chronograph and some targets and the boys and I are headed to the range the first of next week to see how close we can come to our goal.

20190704_133535.jpg

I took some time today and loaded Lehigh Extreme Perpetrators in a batch of 9x18 Makarov for my P64 and another batch of Lehigh Extreme Perpetrators in 32 acp's for my Nazi Walther PP.

Yesterday I loaded up 25 .45ACP rounds

mag.jpg

on my new to me 550C

press.jpg

and went to the gravel pit to function test the loads. They flawlessly ran through my Commander so today I loaded the rest of the box!

bin.jpg

I am so loving a progressive press … even with the mishaps that the learning curve always presents to you!

Full brass prep & prime on 100 once fired 762x39 brass cases - 100 more to process & saving them for the weekend.

I'd be loading hundreds of 9mm in a perfect world, but my seating plug was deforming the top of my rounds during the seating process. RCBS customer service responded to my inquiry on this issue pretty quick and a new seating plug for the Speer rounds I'm loading is in the mail... :cool:

Finished prepping 200 PMC .223 cases ( flash hole deburring, primer pockets cleaning, sizing, trimming. Neck deburring and priming). Also wet tumbled 400 or so .223 cases and 80 or so .308 Win. cases and sorted them. Will load up the prepped .223 cases tomorrow with 55 gr Speer SP and Ramshot TAC for plinking and general utility use.

Loading some spire tip performance rounds for my single-shot savage in 30-30. It shoots a pretty good group and I think I will be letting my grandson use it with me for deer hunting this year. Trying to teach him "one shot - One kill" ideology.

3030.jpg

Yesterday I loaded up some practice .38 Special using old brass, old primers and pulled bullets. Cheap stuff while I continue to learn my new progressive. I put out two peanut butter jars worth … probably 700 rounds.

Not all went well ... that powder die is a pain to adjust!

20190718_142523.jpg

Last Edited:
And this ...

20190718_142608.jpg

You got to make sure the shell plate is fully indexed or you have interesting bullet seating!

I have no clue how the primer flipped. It must have been inserted in the pick up tube that way … but I "thought" I was super careful and did not make any mistakes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top