JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm finishing up 2200 158gr gold dot 357's today then will switch to the single stage press for a while and make some 6.5X06 improved for a customer and start working up an all purpose load for my new to me 300 win Mag.

Resized about 1500 once fired WCC 5.56 cases yesterday. I was hoping the significant others in my life would notice my slaving away and feel remorse for not getting me a progressive press for Father's Day. It didn't work, <sigh>! So the Rock Chucker lives on!

Still have about 2500 5.56 to go and then the boy's and I will start a reloading binge. I helped them each build an AR recently and just last week received two more CMP M1's so we now all have a retro and a modern "battle rifle" to shoot. I'm hoping to find a single load that will be acceptable across all the Garands as well as a 1903-A3. It shouldn't be a problem … and much fun to work out the solution!

With this many "semi-automatic assault rifles" now in my stable (and three teenagers starting to shoot a ton) I have a feeling my ammo expenditure will be increasing pretty drastically.

I wonder if I can interest the kiddos in a trapdoor Springfield any time soon?

You're trying to feed 6-8 semi auto rifles with a Rockchucker ? That would be enough of a job with a progressive, cant imagine doing it with a single stage. Maybe get the Mrs involved too and the budget will come around.

That and my boys and I are getting into ICORE ... so the revolver round count is going up too!

Not to mention all the bullet casting that is in my future to feed these pups.

100- 223 cases are almost ready to charge. Faithful RCBS hand primer has finally died after tens of thousands of rounds and 25 years of use. Bought it in early 90s. I got my money's worth. Probably buy another tomorrow.

Some twice fired 270's just came out of the tumbler. Ready to deburr, prime etc.

Some 3x fired 7x57s also ready to deburr and prime.

FWIW- The garage at night is no longer the place for me to sort similar size cases (270 vs 7x57 as an example) out of tumbler. Hunched over for 15 minutes trying to figure out what I was looking at. Next time, I'll do one batch at a time.

20190626_174651[1898].jpg

Yesterday was bench time … loaded right at 1,000 .38 Special for ICORE practice and matches. My son and I are shooting the ICORE match at Wolverton Mt. this Saturday, hope it's a dry day!

Loaded the rest of my 75gr. ELD-M for my .223 last night. I love the price and B.C. but am looking forward to experimenting with other heavy bullets. Let me know what all of you prefer in the 69gr.+ category. They are specifically for my bolt action with a 1-7 twist barrel.

In 3hrs I will be pulverizing them into steel plates and waiting for the "ding" that confirms, I am rad lol

20190703_053620.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads