JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You sure don't see that everyday! I spent a lot of time in the woods growing up. I think I've seen bear twice, but never a big cat.
Since the elimination of hunting bears with hounds, sightings are much more common. I've seen five bears this year alone. You're right about the past though. I probably only saw two bears before I turned thirty. Bobcats on the other hand, I probably only average one sighting per year. I've only seen two cougars in my life. Well, outside of a bar anyway.

Working in the woods I'd see a couple Bears a year but riding big 650 single dual sports in the woods I'd see Cougars 4 or 5 times a summer. This was the 3rd wild Bobcat I've seen in my life.

I've been loading a bunch of steel-cased 7.62x39. Spending more time to make sure the primers are set to the right depth than anything else. All is correct now and the reloading of these Russian "throw-aways" is a ton of fun. I've got thousands of steel and brass cases, so years of fun ahead!

Since the elimination of hunting bears with hounds, sightings are much more common.
I have a good friend who works in wildlife control who has told me the same thing. He says that there are a LOT of bear and big cats out there. When I was roaming the woods 20-40 years ago, not near so many.

When I was a kid, something was killing the chickens. My parents thought for sure it was a bobcat, and went out in the woods a few times with .22 rifles, looking for it. Of course they never saw it. Shortly thereafter, a large cougar was hit by a car on the county road at the edge of our property. My mom still has the photo that she took of it, with me holding the head up. I was really young, but at the time it seemed bigger than I was.

Back on the subject of reloading, the Lee APP press sure makes quick work of sizing cast bullets. I don't think it took me much over a half hour to do a thousand.

Started on a 45ACP load. 7.4gr of CFE Pistol on a 185gr bullet.

45ACP Seeds.jpg

This week starts off with finishing the 38 Special run on the mark 7, then a run of 9mm using customer supplied primers both 147 sub-sonic and 124 Tc's. The Hornady will be making 230gr 45acp most of the week.

Last Edited:
So far this week I've finished off making the 230 RN 45acp, then made 158gr SWC 357 Mag, 95gr 380 acp, and now I'm finishing up a run of 32-20 Rifle ammo. Next up will be trimming 30 Carbine brass and resizing 200gr .430 RNFP bullets to .427 so they work in 44-40. No rest for the wicked and the good don't need any.

Just one of many, I own an ammo manufacturing business so as long as my customers supply me with primers business is good.
Hey Mike, have you been getting any primers from suppliers in the last few months? I remember you mentioning some time ago that you received an order of primers. 3 months- 4 months-6 ago? You still have orders pending, that you expect you may get in the near future? 6 months for instance?

Hey Mike, have you been getting any primers from suppliers in the last few months? I remember you mentioning some time ago that you received an order of primers. 3 months- 4 months-6 ago? You still have orders pending, that you expect you may get in the near future? 6 months for instance?
I still have orders pending but no one knows when they will ship. One would hope sooner rather than later.

I still have orders pending but no one knows when they will ship. One would hope sooner rather than later.
How long ago was it that you received an order? And how many did you get? I quit checking for anything anywhere because I have what I need for some time. Oh, sometimes when I'm bored I'll look at PV, Brownell's etc and see if there's anything. Never primers, but some powder from time to time. But usually the powders are for the less popular calibers.

How long ago was it that you received an order? And how many did you get? I quit checking for anything anywhere because I have what I need for some time. Oh, sometimes when I'm bored I'll look at PV, Brownell's etc and see if there's anything. Never primers, but some powder from time to time. But usually the powders are for the less popular calibers.
I was getting primers regularly up until last Sept and then couldn't get any more until they sent me 10,000 in April I think. Those lasted a couple weeks. Now if my customers supply the primers I make the ammo.

I was getting primers regularly up until last Sept and then couldn't get any more until they sent me 10,000 in April I think. Those lasted a couple weeks. Now if my customers supply the primers I make the ammo.
Okay. That's what I'm recalling. I'd think by now there'd be some primers filtering into people like you again. Licensed re-loaders supply many people with ammo. I'm glad you can still provide that service. Unlike people that snap up $60/K (cough) primers and put them in the classifieds for $100.00-$200.00/K. May THEY rot in hell.

I have bought a few primers off the secondary market for ~ $60.00/1000. I don't like to but I gotta do what I got to do. The problem isn't the price so much as the quantity. I need much more than a couple thousand here and there.

Went to the range this afternoon with various 9mm VV 330 loads to try to determine what was best for 3 pistols. As a new reloader, it is amazing the difference that .1 grains makes for feel and accuracy.

Now that things are dialed in, I look forward to spending time in front of the press instead of in an ammo line somewhere.

Oh, and now i have a new mantra..."Will work for primers!"

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews