JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do tell about the Ronin disappointment, inquiring minds want to know.
IMO, It just isn't, what it should be for $800.00+. The only thing I really have to compare it to is a Kimber Stainless II, CZs in 9mm and .40. The trigger sure doesn't seem to have got much attention from Springfield. I'd like to hear from other people that got one in the last year, and what they thought about it?

IMO, It just isn't, what it should be for $800.00+. The only thing I really have to compare it to is a Kimber Stainless II, CZs in 9mm and .40. The trigger sure doesn't seem to have got much attention from Springfield. I'd like to hear from other people that got one in the last year, and what they thought about it?
My Ronin 9mm is 4.25" barreled model that's just about 4 years old at this point. As I recall, the trigger out of the box was on par for what I consider a mid-range 1911. Break was clean without much grit, I'd guesstimate it in the 5-5.5 lb range. I do wish Springfield had gone with a blued steel trigger shoe rather than the plastic, just to make it a true design to last a hundred years. The overall fit/finish were great and accuracy was better than these ole hands are capable of.

To be honest, it didn't get much 9mm use before being sent off to Velzey for a caliber conversion to .38 Super. I'd estimate maybe 300-400 rounds of 9mm through it before the conversion. Now, I'd say the trigger break is around 4-4.5 lbs, no creep, clean break. But that's after several hundred dry firings and at least 500-600 rounds of .38 Super through it.

So, that particular Ronin is bi-caliber now and I think I need to get it out there and burn through some of the accumulated 9mm I have…

One last thought, triggers on 1911's as you know are easy to slick up, sometimes just use will get you to your happy place. But if not and it continues to be an issue, wouldn't take much time or money to get it where you want it. Heck might even be able to get Springfield to do it under warranty, worth asking them, tell them it's gritty and your dissatisfied, see what they say….

IMG_2146.jpeg

Edited to clean up some smelling pistakes. Dang auto-correct…

Last Edited:
I de-loaded a box and half of .40 range trip before last. Dang it was nice! Got a CZ-SP01 to do it with. Nice heavy gun with a snappy round, and I was surprised how easy it was to be accurate with it. That gun just feels good in the hand! And last trip I was rather disappointed with $800.00 Springfield Ronin in 9mm.
I train with my XDM40 EDC gun, can't be proficient if ya don't use it.

If I'm ever forced into a Gentlemens duel I would use my Smith & Wesson 38/357 because I feel confident shootin accurately with one hand.

Last Edited:

If I'm ever forced into a Gentlemens duel I would use mine Smith & Wesson 38/357 because I feel confident shootin accurately with one hand.
Hmmm, a S&W revolver as a gentlemen's dueling pistol, I kinda like the idea. If it has to be what I shoot most accurately, one handed…. Gotta be Glock 19 for me, crazy right? But it's the gun that I've fired the most rounds through. So, I'm most proficient with…

Hmmm, a S&W revolver as a gentlemen's dueling pistol, I kinda like the idea. If it has to be what I shoot most accurately, one handed…. Gotta be Glock 19 for me, crazy right? But it's the gun that I've fired the most rounds through. So, I'm most proficient with…
Do you shoot your Glock horizontally with your head tilted to the left? :s0140:

I typically use N320 or N340 for 9mm but I recently inherited 2lbs of Power Pistol that I thought I'd try. Any experiance with it?
I use it a lot for 9mm and 38 super. 7 Gr's for Comp guns. Its stronger than
HS-6 I was in a hurry to some place and I should make it clear. 7 gr's is for 115 and 125 Gr. Bullets. I don't want somebody over loading something heavy. o_O

Last Edited:

If I'm ever forced into a Gentlemens duel I would use mine Smith & Wesson 38/357 because I feel confident shootin accurately with one hand.
"Gentlemen's duel"? How could you possibly be involved in a Gentlemen's duel? Well, maybe if someone slapped you across the face with a Riffe Lake Kokanee :D

What distance do you normally shoot your ladder rounds? 50, 100, 33yds? I'm more concerned with how the combination groups than bullet speed, but I will have a chronograph to do some measurements.
If I load 10 rounds per increments (normally just 5) I shoot the first five at 25 meters, those that show promise I'll shoot the other 5 rounds at 100 meters to see how good the group afar.
The others I'll not shoot but pull em down and use components for "The Load".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top