JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just got some Superformance powder in yesterday which is supposed to meter much better in the Dillon measure. I will be trying it out next time I load and then checking the rounds with the chrono to see how they stack up against the 4350. In the load data, Superformance is supposed to be great with the .30-06 but we will see.....

I've read a few reviews that claim Superperfomance isn't living up to it's hype. Would love to see some of your results.

Loaded up the rest of my .30-06 brass today. I used the last 10 to load some of the Superformance powder. I will get out and shoot it through the chrono at some point this weekend or next week if the weather permits. It's about the best metering powder I have ever used and I think it will meter fine through the Dillon powder measure. With the Quickmeasure, I was getting less than .1gr variance on each throw. I'll post the chrono results once I have them. It will be interesting to see how it compares with the load data and the H4350 loads I have.

Ron

So I finally had time and somewhat decent weather(in between snow/sleet/hail/rain storms today) to get out the chrono and test the .30-06 I loaded with the Superformance powder. The load was 59grs with a 180gr spbt. The average fps ended up at 2622 which is almost identical to the Remington factory loads I have. My H-4350 loads with the same bullet were at 57gr and just over 100fps faster on average. H-4350 is virtually identical in price and using 2gr less per round and getting over 100fps more it's probably what I will stick with once I can find it in larger quantities again. Accuracy seems identical so that is not an issue. I still have some Varget and CFE223 to load some 165gr bullets with and will also compare them with the 4350 and superformance to see if there's much of a difference. The Superformance does meter a whole lot better than the 4350 and should probably work fine with the Dillon powder measure compared to the 4350 which does not work worth a damn with the Dillon measure.
I do find it interesting that Hogdon is claiming that Superformance gives 100-200fps higher velocities over other powders with the same loads as this is obviously not the case at least for me anyway.

Ron

38-55 for 2 very old winchesters. using trail boss and unique. like the way the trail boss fills the case better. range day tomorrow,we'll see how they shoot in two old half-wore out barrels. it'll be fun no matter what..

I melted Lambs tallow, beeswax. jojoba oil, lanolin on a double boiler. Then I poured it over a 12" square wool felt sheet, I let that dry than I used a 3/8" punch and made 150 wads to go into the chambers over the powder of a .36 1851 Colt I will fire for the first time tomorrow.

Shucks... the ol' timers used to jest seat the balls, then dip the
ends of them cylinders in melted bee's wax.:s0112::s0155:

Sounds like you've got something way better than my old cake
decorator full of water pump grease.;)

Jack...:cool:

Loaded some 40 today. I got a little bullseye from a friend and wanted to try out how well it goes through my little dandy powder thrower. It did great.

Loaded 25-06 and 308 for some 600+ meter shooting this weekend. Then finished loading up a bunch of 40. I can't wait until powder is available again, lol.... i'm getting low on my R22 and Bullseye stock.

Just set up my 650 for .45acp. Loaded 10 test rounds and now just need the weather to cooperate(snow showers today) so I can get the chrono out and fire them before making a large run. The Dillon powder measure works pretty well with power pistol powder so it should go pretty fast once I have the charge set where I want it.

While looking through the .223 drawer I found 75, sized and primed cases.
Can't have that, so I got out the 2230S and loaded them with some 55gr
soft nosed.:s0155:

Now I just need it to dry out enough to shoot.;)

Jack...:cool:

Some new 140 grain 40 sw buiiets from friendswood bullet co. Built some test loads. Takeing them out tomorrow for a test drive in my also new walther P99 that my wife baught me.

Finished processing some old LC .223 brass yesterday, for hunting with the AR's. Intended for "fire and forget it" loads. No need to recover the brass as it is all LC-93 or older. No idea how many times it has been loaded. Will load it all with Hornady Z-Max 55 gr bullets with a light Lee factory crimp to try to get a little uniformity in neck tension. Probably use up the rest of my old surplus Accurate 2200 powder with Wolf 223 primers. Also sized 100 LC-12 once fired cases, still need to remove the case lube, trim, clean primer pockets, uniform primer pockets, debur flash holes, before I can load them with my standard gopher load of 27.5 gr of Ramshot TAC, Wolf 223 primer and the Hornady 40 gr Z-Max bullet. Works good in both the AR's and the bolt guns. Gets 3700 fps out of the 26" remington barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top