JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally cleared the backlog of 9mm brass that needed cleaning and depriming and has been sitting in a bag in my garage for months. Not sure how many cases there are, guessing a couple of thousand.

I have a bulk load of bullets inbound this week and wanted to get ready so I can do a bulk loading session when they get here.

And for those that are wondering. I like to deprime and clean my pistol caliber brass before running it though the Dillon. I found that the primer dust clogs the primer feed mechanism after a few hundred rounds....so doing a little pre-prep saves me some time in the long .

OK, for the pedantic among you, I technically did not actually load anything today....but what did you do?

I didn't load anything today. But yesterday I loaded 1000 rnds of 9mm and 500 rnds of .45acp on the Dillon. Today the wife and I shot 500 rnds of 9mm though the Glocks and about 100 rnds of .45 acp though a 1911, along with about 300 rnds through the AR's and 500 rnds through her 10/22. Oh, I almost forgot 100 rnds of .38 special through the Python.

To keep the gun gods happy, the wife :love: PROPERLY broke in the Python by shooting it topless. :yes:

It was a really, really good day.

Sounds more like work than a good shoot to me.
Way to much recoil for my Blood.
Today I looked over a few dies and thought about tumbling some brass but I did that yesterday also. Getting old sucks!
Silver Hand

I didn't load anything today. But yesterday I loaded 1000 rnds of 9mm and 500 rnds of .45acp on the Dillon. Today the wife and I shot 500 rnds of 9mm though the Glocks and about 100 rnds of .45 acp though a 1911, along with about 300 rnds through the AR's and 500 rnds through her 10/22. Oh, I almost forgot 100 rnds of .38 special through the Python.

To keep the gun gods happy, the wife :love: PROPERLY broke in the Python by shooting it topless. :yes:

It was a really, really good day.

That does sound like a fun day. Guns and.....well other things :D

Finally got my 22-243 middelstead dies in the mail. Loaded 1/2 dozen with 45gr 4350 and 55gr Nosler Balistics. Darn battery was dead in chrono- 5 rounds inside a dime sized circle.

I loaded a series of 185 gr Berger "Juggernauts" loads for my .308 Winchester using RL-17.

Last range trip, and an OCW test, gave me a 3-round ONE Ragged Hole group at 300 yards. Monday I will shoot around this load to verify it. Also chronograph the load. While testing this bullet I was getting 300 yard groups that were rivaling most of the 100 yard groups other shooters were getting that day.

If it wasn't for the fact I have been "snagged" for a Super-Bowl Party I'd be loading a couple hundred "Gravel Pit" rounds for the same rifle later this afternoon.

My last batch about a week ago....

dbca90265ad444ae9a020127b3f6df02.jpg

Just got a busted open box of lead in the mail today and want to try out a Lee made aluminum 6 cavity mold of the H&G #68......the 45 cal 200 gr SWC bullet. I have an original H&G #68 in a 4 cavity steel mold and that sucker is so much heavier than this aluminum Lee mold and I really want to see if it is faster and more comfortable to use.

I kinda got burnt out loading and took some time off, still have about 400 rnds of 45acp to load, I can always load 223, I did sort out some 30-30 brass but haven't even started prepping it...Hoping to get out tomorrow or Thurs. and burn up some ammo...I need to tune up my 8mm/06 and my 25-30/30 then load some of the 8mm with 175s and test them

I'm just about to load my first run of 38 spl. Up till now I've just been 223 and 9mm, but my LCR needs some feeding too. As I don't have my bullets for the 9mm yet, I'll do these first.

Only about 200 pieces, but it should keep me happy for an hour or two. I'll run these through the single stage as its the first go with this round. After that, I'll do future loads on the progressive.

With the ongoing panic, that seems to be a large part of our hobby now, searching for components.

And I refuse to buy stuff at the panic prices. The shop I go to sells everything at normal prices so I will get what I can when it gets in stock. This may change down the road, but for now, it works.

Haven't actually loaded in a few weeks. Just got done with a move and just about got the bench all set back up. Now that I have a garage that's 3x the size of my previous location, I need to build another bench that I can dedicate to high volume loading. (9mm, 40, 223) having the progressive on the same bench as the single stage was just too crowded.

And I refuse to buy stuff at the panic prices. The shop I go to sells everything at normal prices so I will get what I can when it gets in stock. This may change down the road, but for now, it works.

Off topic: I agree 100%. If we all stopped buying overinflated reloading components and ammo it would bring the prices back down in a hurry. I, for one have not spent a single cent on inflated components, just trying to do my part in trying to drive prices back down.:D

Off topic: I agree 100%. If we all stopped buying overinflated reloading components and ammo it would bring the prices back down in a hurry. I, for one have not spent a single cent on inflated components, just trying to do my part in trying to drive prices back down.:D

Just got 4 emails from three different places with tracking info on items ordered last month at normal prices. I refuse to pay the over inflated prices too so the alternative is to place orders and wait. Stuff is starting to trickle in to the stores but it's almost impossible to catch anything actually in stock. For places taking backorders, get in line and hope the wait times don't get any longer!

Next week is going to be fun!

Ron

My "Betting Pool" choice is March 15 as the date when things will be back to near normal.

The recent "panic" was just like flushing a toilet. You flush, everything leaves the toilet (at least you hope) and it takes time for the tank to fill so you can repeat. The time it takes for the tank to fill depends on the rate of water flow.

Unfortunately, powder and primer manufacture for the general public is done at a pretty slow rate. Government Contracts still take priority and that means less scheduled production time for Civilian products.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top