JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got this neat little knife, one piece of steel, feels good, good reviews.

SmartSelect_20230601_202807_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I helped a neighbor fix his tractor. His SIL backed the mower into something and bent it so that the blades were hitting the shield.

I need to get some HD clamps and some line/chain with hooks. Fortunately neighbor had some chain/line with hooks.

Last Edited:
Been tracking diesel prices - noticed that diesel seems to be cheaper outside urban areas, by quite a bit. So grabbed some (25 gal) diesel for $4.10/gal today while in a Cornelius - noticed it was almost a $1/gal cheaper than a station in Hillsboro. Need to move my aux tank over to under the hoist so I can start filling it up and have a way to hoist it onto my truck when necessary.

The Wavian/ValPro cans performed perfectly even though I put them on their side after filling them full - not a drop leaked from the filler cap. I figure I can put 30-35 gallons of gas in those cans, in the cargo area of my car without affecting handling (I didn't feel any difference today) - that would extend the car's range by at least 600-700 miles if I had to bug out with the car.

I would prefer to bug out with the truck - I can put the 106 gal aux tank on the flatbed, plus the 35 gal tank, plus 35-45 gallons in cans, for a total of 170+ gallons of diesel. The truck should get 15-20 MPG on a road, for a range of at least 2500 miles.

My plan is to get a camper for the truck, tow the pickup behind it, and load things like fuel/supplies in the pickup bed, and if I am home and have to bug out with the kids, one of them could drive their rig, and one could drive my car, and I would have enough fuel (gas & diesel) to get us somewhere far away if necessary.
View attachment 1430753
Plan A is to bug in, but always have a Plan B. Stuff happens.
Stock up fuel if you are able:

Yep, and inflation is going to climb even higher...until everyone runs out of money.

Yep, and inflation is going to climb even higher...until everyone runs out of money.
Fuel prices have been decreasing this year, so I am stocking up on at least diesel - going to fill up my aux tank.

Diesel had been $1 more expensive than gasoline - but if you shop around, not it is 50-75 cents per gallon cheaper.

I will fill up some cans of gasoline too.

Treat it all with Pri-G & Pri-D

Fuel prices have been decreasing this year, so I am stocking up on at least diesel - going to fill up my aux tank.

Diesel had been $1 more expensive than gasoline - but if you shop around, not it is 50-75 cents per gallon cheaper.

I will fill up some cans of gasoline too.

Treat it all with Pri-G & Pri-D
I have a 100 gal L shape extra tank in my Dodge. With is 37 gallon fuel tank I can go a long distance.

Diesel is $3.33 here and I keep a close eye on it.

I have a 100 gal L shape extra tank in my Dodge. With is 37 gallon fuel tank I can go a long distance.

Diesel is $3.33 here and I keep a close eye on it.

Yes - I've noticed it is cheaper there - lowest I can find it nearby here is about 50 cents more per gal.

I have the same sized tank ('97 3500 cab cassis). I may try to replace it with a 50 gal aftermarket tank later after I do the RV conversion. Depending on what camper/flatbed I get, I am thinking of putting the aux transfer tank at the front of the 12' flatbed (maybe longer one - current one is steel and 12'), in front of the camper under the overhang (my cab is a reg cab) - along with a spare tire or two and propane tanks.

My truck tank is mostly full, so right now I have about two tanks worth of diesel.

I have the aux transfer tank that I am filling (106 gal) and an empty 250+ gal storage tank that I have in storage (not going to fill it until I move - too much hassle moving it when full). I also have about 40 gallons worth of fuel cans to put diesel in. When the aux tank and cans are both full, I will have about 170 gallons of diesel.

I have cans for gas that add up to 35-40 gal, and a 55 drum of gasoline mostly full. I always try to keep my daily driver at least half full, but not my pickup (it has a leak somewhere so I run it close to empty unless I take it into town - which I do about once a year).

And to think that I was planning on selling some of my shares of COP (Conoco Phillips) sometime this week.

Aloha, Mark

Was down I5 today and at the Brownville exit, a Chevron there had diesel listed for $3.61 being less than gas by a good bit...
Yeah, that is a 150-160 mi round trip.

I got my diesel today for $4.05 (IIRC) at Leathers in Newberg

I think diesel & gas or going back up in July due to OPEC cutting production.

By next week I should have my capacity full of diesel, then I will fill up my gasoline cans - about 40 gallons worth are sitting empty now, add that to the 55 gallon drum and I should have about 90+ gallons of gas in storage.

I need to get some kerosene too.

Had our old chest freezer in the garage for 25 years, but my wife didn't trust me to hold her ankles while fishing around to the bottom for bacon anymore (we're both short). hard to rotate stock from the bottom to the top, so things were tending to languish at the bottom. The last time she pulled out some Pterodactyl drumsticks ! :s0153:

Bought a new upright freezer that fits in the house... much easier to keep things rotated.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top