JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds friggin RAD…. Though it's over my head. On a Metro?… sweet. Is this a Zombie vehicle?
Got it for a future gambler, didn't end up doing that, it became a primary vehicle for almost a year, now it's a spare car.

It's a decent gas mileage do anything easy fix/rebuild car.

Going to mod the Gen2 Prius.

Bug out rig is my diesel ambulance, it can run on biofuel which I may have a few hundred gallons stored...

Ordered two GT Bivy sacks from SG:

Ordered some knee pads too. The last ones I ordered looked good but did not fit well - they slid down as I walked, so this time I ordered the same brand/model as the elbow pads I got last time, which fit well.

Ordered two GT Bivy sacks from SG:

Ordered some knee pads too. The last ones I ordered looked good but did not fit well - they slid down as I walked, so this time I ordered the same brand/model as the elbow pads I got last time, which fit well.
That bivy is less expensive than the same version used ones on their site!

Took more cash out of the bank. There is no point in trusting a bank with my $$ because they pay zero interest. They don't have to have reserves, so why should they care. I'd rather have my cash with me. Safer and not subject to future 'holidays.'

Anytime leaving a bank with a cash wad stuffed in the pocket this 80's Sir Mix A Lot tune is in my head haha.

Clockin' lots of dollas' we all got gold
Cruzin' in this Benz ain't got no place to go
Wheelin' 23rd we saw nothin' but thugs
The girlies was too skinny from smokin' all them drugs

That bivy is less expensive than the same version used ones on their site!
Yup - I try to be careful when shopping for stuff on SG. They have some good deals, but they also have some items that are clunkers. I always compare and I always read the reviews.

I have an EcoTat shelter that serves as a bivy shelter, a poncho and a few other configurations. These bivys I bought are for the kids (adults). A good bivy bag adds significant warmth to a sleeping bag and keeps it dry, even in cases where you don't have a tent.

I am keeping my eyes open for a good 4 season bag - mine was destroyed by mice.

Yup - I try to be careful when shopping for stuff on SG. They have some good deals, but they also have some items that are clunkers. I always compare and I always read the reviews.

I have an EcoTat shelter that serves as a bivy shelter, a poncho and a few other configurations. These bivys I bought are for the kids (adults). A good bivy bag adds significant warmth to a sleeping bag and keeps it dry, even in cases where you don't have a tent.

I am keeping my eyes open for a good 4 season bag - mine was destroyed by mice.
Keep an eye on Midway USA for the Browning branded bags. Run in special are excellent value.

However definitely base camp/car camp/stuck at home type bags. Due to their weight and bulk.

Excellent features otherwise - perfect if you'll never need to backpack with them. Would seem allrite to cart/pulk with, for a short ways (day). IMO.

Bought suppressed .22lr. Also eyeballing a second generator; Predator 3500. Since gold and silver is a rare find these days.

Just trying to shift away from paper, dig currency to 'real things' that will help out when the lights go out.

Prepping job today:
Finally wired the spare freezer, a 120/12v National Luna, to run on a battery when the power fails. It'll last a few days on just the battery under normal usage. Which will be charged with the whole-house genny anyway. (That's why it took 3 years to wire it to battery.)

Peace and Quiet arrived today. Well, quiet anyway. Will blow through these the first two weeks back at the range.

22.JPEG

Back from a road trip, decided to do a worst case trial, turn off the natural gas and setup the alternative hot shower and house heating.

Bundle up, tankless propane low flow shower, diesel electric furnace and oil heater...

I need to make myself a larger diesel and propane reserve.

Going to make a 12v battery charging station that runs on solar in the garage.

Ordered some nice refillable 1lb propane bottles plus, have the disposable ones...

Ordered a spare propane fill adapter as its on sale.

Few more days of this trial run, will probably do a version later with no gas and electricity (have to talk the wife into that one, lol).

Last leg of the road trip, the car fully loaded will run from Burns to Salem on half a tank of gas.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top