JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a pair of Carhart bib overalls that are lined. I use these when working outside in snow or wet weather. Also when using the pressure washer. The legs get wet/soaked a lot and sometimes I sit on a wet stump/etc.

So I am taking the Sno Seal and slathering it on the overalls from the waist down. We'll see how that works. If it turns out okay then I will do some of my ripstop cargo work pants too.
I think you'll find you may want to wear a pair of long john pants if you do that. The SnoSeal will soak through the fabric, even as thick as Carhartt fabric is, and it's gonna feel... squishy......
Lastly, I have a decent lined Carhartt ranch coat and a lined ripstop shirt jacket that I would like to make waterproof. I will probably run out of Sno seal before I get done with the first pair of cargo pants.
Might work fine for the ranch coat, since it's got a liner, but I wouldn't use the SnoSeal for the shirt jacket, even with the liner. I think it will feel really funny and probably smell pretty heavily of SnoSeal in your face all the time. And you won't want to wear a coat over it because you'll transfer some of the wax and smell to the inside of whatever coat you put on over it. Plus, you're gonna be handling it a lot and the wax will always be getting on your hands, whereas that's not nearly as much of a concern with the pants.

And I'm gonna ignore the possibility that my last statement is gonna end up in *that thread*, but I didn't know how else to tell ya. :rolleyes:

I use a product called Nikwax to water proof cloth. I do use Snowseal or Hubers boot grease on my boots.

Might work fine for the ranch coat, since it's got a liner, but I wouldn't use the SnoSeal for the shirt jacket, even with the liner. I think it will feel really funny and probably smell pretty heavily of SnoSeal in your face all the time.
We'll see.

And you won't want to wear a coat over it because you'll transfer some of the wax and smell to the inside of whatever coat you put on over it. Plus, you're gonna be handling it a lot and the wax will always be getting on your hands, whereas that's not nearly as much of a concern with the pants.
I won't wear a coat over the jacket.

Good points, I am thinking about it.

I ordered another pair of Keen boots they had on sale.

I use a product called Nikwax to water proof cloth. I do use Snowseal or Hubers boot grease on my boots.

Forgot about that! Nikwax is great for fabrics! Beats the old ScotchGard hands down. Nikwax even makes different formulations for Gore-Tex, suede, fleece, etc. I use Nikwax on most anything that goes to high altitude or in frigid weather. Gore-Tex jackets and bibs, fleece pants and jackets, capilene undergarments, etc. Everything sheds water like a duck's back.

I use SnoSeal on all my leather boots and even my suede backpacking boots (in the pic here), although they do tell you it will alter/change the nap of the suede. IDGAFF about that, but if how they look is important to a person, then one would not want to use SnoSeal on one's blue suede shoes.

I started to exercise…(again)…..BAM!!
I'm done being of the mindset that I'm a teenager or in my 20s anymore. Overweight and weird pains and sores because of it.

On that note I've been exercising as well. I'm committing to at least a 1.5 mile walk. Most of the time it's 2-3. Something easily accomplishable. So that I can build momentum to bigger workouts. The last couple days I've been doing 4 mile rucks with a 30 pound pack. What a wake up to how limited humans are on the range of travel without vehicles I tell ya what. I don't doubt I'm my life we may not have vehicles for one reason or another. I'd like to be confident I can get 5 miles in a certain amount of time if needed

On that note I've been exercising as well. I'm committing to at least a 1.5 mile walk. Most of the time it's 2-3. Something easily accomplishable. So that I can build momentum to bigger workouts. The last couple days I've been doing 4 mile rucks with a 30 pound pack. What a wake up to how limited humans are on the range of travel without vehicles I tell ya what. I don't doubt I'm my life we may not have vehicles for one reason or another. I'd like to be confident I can get 5 miles in a certain amount of time if needed
I would if I could, but I proved to myself the last time I went hunting (elk), about 20 years ago, that I can't. My lower back kills me after walking any real distance (more than half a mile or so), especially if it is downhill. It isn't so much about being out of shape - I could work thru that (although my heart would certainly limit it too). It is the screwed up vertebra and arthritis (confirmed by XRay).

purchased additional spare parts for my CZ pistols. Same for my AR rifles and Glocks. Looking to stock up on common wear/loss items (springs, firing pins, roll pins, etc)

I miss the exercise. I actually got my first real runners high at like 36 years old…. I'm also in recovery so when I say the runners high is comparable to some aspects of opiates…. I mean it.
One of the best feelings I ever had. I abandoned heavy exercise after getting umbilical hernia at work….. then abandoned a healthy diet and all exercise when life got busy. Feel like a fool sometimes but I've learned a lot.
Good for you
Keep it up man!!

purchased additional spare parts for my CZ pistols. Same for my AR rifles and Glocks. Looking to stock up on common wear/loss items (springs, firing pins, roll pins, etc)
Another great thing about the popularity of the AR platform. The things that can red line a rifle are so cheap and small to get nowadays.

I miss the exercise. I actually got my first real runners high at like 36 years old…. I'm also in recovery so when I say the runners high is comparable to some aspects of opiates…. I mean it.
One of the best feelings I ever had. I abandoned heavy exercise after getting umbilical hernia at work….. then abandoned a healthy diet and all exercise when life got busy. Feel like a fool sometimes but I've learned a lot.
Good for you
Keep it up man!!
What are you doing for exercise?

Only walking around block a few times and some girl push ups. I'm extremely overweight. Folks don't believe it looking at me but it would be boarder line risky to ride in a 1/4 ton truck
I have to start again somewhere
Hmm dang, yeah I got out of high school weighing about 215-220 pretty fit. Thanks to wrestling. I got up to 310 a few months back, heaviest I've ever been in my life. I said that's it! No more. I've been cutting weight lackadaisically for about 2-3 months, I'm going double down starting end of Jan, on it and slowly changing daily habits for lasting change. Working towards a healthy lifestyle. I'm now about 295ish so making progress.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top