JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 1285786

I have noticed, to no big surprise, but more than I expected, that a lightweight smaller chainsaw incurs a lot less effort than a powerful larger chainsaw. The cheap Echo saw I got as a part of a trade, requires a lot less effort than my Stihl 461, even though it bogs down sometimes. The chain causes more vibration, the low quality of the saw (compared to the Stihl) is readily apparent, but I find myself using it a lot more than the Stihl.
Nice Costco gloves 😂😂😂 I have 5or 6 packages of those

View attachment 1285786

I have noticed, to no big surprise, but more than I expected, that a lightweight smaller chainsaw incurs a lot less effort than a powerful larger chainsaw. The cheap Echo saw I got as a part of a trade, requires a lot less effort than my Stihl 461, even though it bogs down sometimes. The chain causes more vibration, the low quality of the saw (compared to the Stihl) is readily apparent, but I find myself using it a lot more than the Stihl.
It's a little on the larger side but I love my echo Timberwolf. Thing I've learned with it is if you feed it right it runs great. Used to bog down but took it apart and cleaned the carb real good and have since only given it TrueFuel.

Me and the boys were out yesterday using it. Cutting, splitting, and stacking some extra firewood.

Picked up a bug out home.... Got a dual-fuel generator for it as well so we can boondock a bit if necessary.

1664773970122.jpeg

Another 6lbs of taco beef in the freeze dryer...

Started looking for a lever .22

Another large gun case to organize the little 308 platforms...

Organizing the house a bit...

Loaded 200 rounds of 380 4gs of hp
38 pushing a 90g xtp. We will see how well they work in my bersa
Also acquired a couple boxes of 300 win mag from a good friend.

Last Edited:
Another half gallon jar sealed with taco beef.

Did 6 half pint jars of taco beef as well for some future experiments on rehydration without opening a jarge jar.

20221003_223118.jpg

Curious, how long does the meat keep when it's 1) processed and 2) stored like that?
Depends on the fat content and storage methods... some foods can last up to 25yrs. Higher fat content is a shorter life.

This stuff I'd expect 5-10 years but I'll likely do a 3-5yr rotation.

Yesterday I stacked the firewood I cut the day before, then I pulled a fruit tree out of the ground using my big truck; it had leaned over way too much. I have another I need to pull out. I am thinking of cutting down a cherry tree that has never produced any cherries in the ten years I have been here. I have some large maple branches to cut up too. The late snow we had in early spring/late winter did a number on a lot of trees and I am accumulating a large burn pile for when the rains start and I can finally burn it without causing a conflagration:

1664888225523.png

Then I started cutting into a madrone tree that died and that I had fell last year. Turns out madrone trees are good firewood - who knew? Today I will cut up the rest of the madrone and the fruit trees. Most of the fruit trees will go onto the burn pile but the trunks should make some decent firewood.

Last year I picked up a nice BL-22

Haven't shot it much yet, but it was a good deal and I wanted one. That and the Winchester are good lever action rimfires.
My shop recently got a BL22 in made in Japan I like, but I found a model of Henry with long barrel threaded for a suppressor I may go for.
Interesting bit of info. Thanks for sharing
If you want a deal on a machine, dropshipped to you, Lincoln City Sporting Goods will have the best prices and bough in Oregon, no sales tax...

I had a five gallon can of unleaded sitting (with fuel stabilizer) for almost a year, for my generator. Poured it into my Volvo and put fresh gasoline (again, with fuel stabilizer) into the can.

Made my monthly grocery shopping trip into town (had to run an errand besides that).

Besides regular overstocking of food I found on sale or a good price, I picked up some Bisquick and a Winco equivalent. I will try both to see how they compare. Also picked up some Fisher Beer Bread mix to try that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top